[JUNE 17][4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID v3.60 | HALO | New Gestures | Better Performance

Search This thread

WoH

Dec 6, 2011
Muinch
woh-roms.weebly.com

Nexus-4-Tilted-Right.png

headera1u9u9k.png

PARANOIDANDROID v3.56 bravoAOSPA

• Android 4.2.2
  • Based on the Evervolv and the CyanogenMod bsp with some enhancements
  • Very close to AOSP with some enhancements here and there
  • sigpic4440661_1.gif
    feeling
  • Blazing fast and super clean, I started right off the AOSPA source and added as few patches as possible
  • Full a2sd & (external) gapps integration:
    • Install as many apps as you want, you won't run out of space after ~3 bigger apps
    • Full external gapps, enjoy the whole NeXus⁴ Google Apps package without running out of /system space (After ROM + GAPPS: ~ 30mb left for your most important apps
  • HALO notifications*
  • Hybrid engine:
    • Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app,that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
    • Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
    • Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
    • Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
    • You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't needto edit system files for that.
  • Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
  • Theming Engine
  • Statusbar Settings
  • Lockscreen Settings
  • Multiuser support
  • Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
  • 4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
  • New holo styled theme chooser
  • T9 dialer
  • New papreferences app
  • PIEhttps://plus.google.com/107979589566958860409/posts/Dr2EHe5kcZY, never rely on navbar buttons any more!
  • New recents implementation: Fixes the aosp lag in the recents view, well, most of it
  • See through Lockscreen is back
  • Transparent bars + Launcher2 modified to cope with it
  • Google stock apps
  • Extended Desktop
  • Call Statistics
  • Circle Battery

8873636_origt3kf5.jpg
pauiawulv.png

Instructions
  • Required: Root + S-OFF (STOCK HBOOT)
  • Required: at least 512MB ext4 sd-ext partition
  • Download ROM
  • Flash in recovery
  • Flash GAPPS
  • Flash Fix (if any)
  • Boot up, open terminal and type:
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    a2sd install, choose Y -> N -> Y

Not working:
  • Stock videocam is choppy
  • Tethering
  • ... Pls remember it's still an early build

• molesarecoming
  • D4rKn3sSyS
  • aaronpoweruser
  • nikez
  • gokussjx
  • jaybob413
  • eugenesan
  • Evervolv
  • CyanogenMod
  • AOKP
  • Eyeryone who helped me | donated to me, I've worked countless hours on this.

Last edited:

Androidmarketuser

Oct 21, 2010
Looks good, Downloading now, Is HW Video playback really working ?
videos I tested didn't playback with hw acceleration (MX Player uses S/W decoder) but I think it is because of wrong filetype/encoding

List of good things:
Paranoid (but pie stopped working atm, I'll try a reboot, hope it comes back :))
Youtube videos without flickering
pretty smooth (I would compare it with VJ CM10.1 V4.6), edit: maybe a little bit slower, edit2: no it's pretty much the same
amount of settings
camera without flickering
multiple user (I don't use it but it's a nice feature which is not available in vj's rom I think)

Things I don't like:
the statusbar symbols: wifi and battery looks different, network signal is stock icon (I would prefer every icon stock OR every icon changed)
pie stopped working and I don't know why (maybe someone knows why???)

EDIT:
Somehow pie is now at the right side of the screen whyever, can somebody tell how to change it?

A good hint given in vj's thread:
In developer settings set the animation time to 0.5x, the rom feels faster

Last edited:

quimbexa

Aug 10, 2012
Re: [FEB 03][4.2.1] PARANOIDANDROID v2.99 betaNINE+ | PIE | TabUI | QUICKTOGGLES

videos I tested didn't playback with hw acceleration (MX Player uses S/W decoder) but I think it is because of wrong filetype/encoding

List of good things:
Paranoid (but pie stopped working atm, I'll try a reboot, hope it comes back :))
pretty smooth (I would compare it with VJ CM10.1 V4.6), edit: maybe a little bit slower, edit2: no it's pretty much the same
amount of settings
multiple user (I don't use it but it's a nice feature which is not available in vj's rom I think)

Things I don't like:
the statusbar symbols: wifi and battery looks different, network signal is stock icon (I would prefer every icon stock OR every icon changed)

EDIT:
Somehow pie is now at the right side of the screen whyever, can somebody tell how to change it?

In developer settings set the animation time to 0.5%, the rom feels faster

Have you found any reboots?

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

Androidmarketuser

Oct 21, 2010
AW: [FEB 03][4.2.1] PARANOIDANDROID v2.99 betaNINE+ | PIE | TabUI | QUICKTOGGLES

No reboot in the 1 hour I'm running the Rom.
OK the pie location can be set manually in settings.

What i'm missing is a performance setting, it's not needed but it would be nice :)
Oh and long press home button doesn't show up recent apps...
Edit: sorry for editing again but I have to say that this rom is just blazing fast!

Last edited:

tnw513

Jun 21, 2009
Bari
R: [FEB 03][4.2.1] PARANOIDANDROID v2.99 betaNINE+ | PIE | TabUI | QUICKTOGGLES

Look smooth and stable. For now only one "bug" : choppy video REC. But this is a known bug.

Inviato dal mio HTC Desire con Tapatalk 2

WoH

Dec 6, 2011
Muinch
woh-roms.weebly.com
Is this rom based on the last Evervolv release or what? Are there any other bugs?

Based on EV & CM bsp

List of good things:
amount of settings

Things I don't like:

EDIT:

In developer settings set the animation time to 0.5x, the rom feels faster

I think the network signal icon was modified aswell, maybe I can surprise you some time, but don't quote me on that :p
Something about PIE: You can change the position by dragging it and dropping it on the right/left/top, that was made for games where you could quickly change the position if it was interfering with the gestures of an app/game 4 example.

Have you found any reboots?

Haven't had one for one week now (Only weak points I know: The quick-actions of notificatios and the emulation of a second display)

No reboot in the 1 hour I'm running the Rom.
OK the pie location can be set manually in settings.

What i'm missing is a performance setting, it's not needed but it would be nice :)
Oh and long press home button doesn't show up recent apps...
Edit: sorry for editing again but I have to say that this rom is just blazing fast!

Forgot to mention it in the not working list as it's a common issue among all PA ROMs atm.
Performance settings only via external app atm, it's part of the close to AOSP idea, I think it's a good solution, if you want to play arount with you cpu freq, do it with an external app, but I don't want to provide too many options for you to f*** up the ROM.

virginDesire

Nov 2, 2010
Re: [FEB 03][4.2.1] PARANOIDANDROID v2.99 betaNINE+ | PIE | TabUI | QUICKTOGGLES

can annyone tell me where google agenda is ??

If you mean the calendar app not pulling info from the Google account. I downloaded Google calendar from the play store signed in. that then pulled all the stuff in to it and then uninstalled the one I'd downloaded

Reactions: bacwolf

djfm

Nov 29, 2012
VLAARDINGEN

Ok, ill try that tonight.
Thanks for so far :eek:

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Desire met Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Nexus-4-Tilted-Right.png

headera1u9u9k.png

PARANOIDANDROID v3.56 bravoAOSPA

• Android 4.2.2
    • Based on the Evervolv and the CyanogenMod bsp with some enhancements
    • Very close to AOSP with some enhancements here and there
    • sigpic4440661_1.gif
      feeling
    • Blazing fast and super clean, I started right off the AOSPA source and added as few patches as possible
    • Full a2sd & (external) gapps integration:
      • Install as many apps as you want, you won't run out of space after ~3 bigger apps
      • Full external gapps, enjoy the whole NeXus⁴ Google Apps package without running out of /system space (After ROM + GAPPS: ~ 30mb left for your most important apps
    • HALO notifications*
    • Hybrid engine:
      • Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app,that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
      • Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
      • Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
      • Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
      • You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't needto edit system files for that.
    • Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
    • Theming Engine
    • Statusbar Settings
    • Lockscreen Settings
    • Multiuser support
    • Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
    • 4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
    • New holo styled theme chooser
    • T9 dialer
    • New papreferences app
    • PIEhttps://plus.google.com/107979589566958860409/posts/Dr2EHe5kcZY, never rely on navbar buttons any more!
    • New recents implementation: Fixes the aosp lag in the recents view, well, most of it
    • See through Lockscreen is back
    • Transparent bars + Launcher2 modified to cope with it
    • Google stock apps
    • Extended Desktop
    • Call Statistics
    • Circle Battery

8873636_origt3kf5.jpg
    pauiawulv.png

Instructions
    • Required: Root + S-OFF (STOCK HBOOT)
    • Required: at least 512MB ext4 sd-ext partition
    • Download ROM
    • Flash in recovery
    • Flash GAPPS
    • Flash Fix (if any)
    • Boot up, open terminal and type:
      su
      mount -o rw,remount /system
      a2sd install, choose Y -> N -> Y

Not working:
    • Stock videocam is choppy
    • Tethering
    • ... Pls remember it's still an early build

• molesarecoming
    • D4rKn3sSyS
    • aaronpoweruser
    • nikez
    • gokussjx
    • jaybob413
    • eugenesan
    • Evervolv
    • CyanogenMod
    • AOKP
    • Eyeryone who helped me | donated to me, I've worked countless hours on this.

It is not a problem. Blue bars indicate connection with Google servers, so if you dont use mobile data, it is only blue onde wifi ;)

Thats right but when there is no connection, there should be atleast grey bars indicating signal strength. Currently thats missing.

They're showing for me, but they're hard to see, maybe I can tweak that some time.

And can you make calls/send texts?

This is only a visual issue, connection is still up.

Anyone else able to get wifi tethering working? Once I click enable usb tether I get 'Settings has stopped' and it doesn't work. :/

USB Tether != WiFi Tether

I'll think of fixing that some time aswell, but I'm working on way too many issues at the moment, I've rebased bionic, added new adreno libs, optimized a lot under the hood etc.
    I think there are apps out there to fix usb tethering.

I'm sorry, I tried to release a new version 2 day ago, but I really didn't find time to test the new libs and much more, I'm also super busy at the moment, but I'm working almost every second to reach a good point to release the update (and I should really be studying for my computer science exam right now).
    Hello HALO :)
    PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC is out!
    changelog & download here

It's the first time I'm using MEGA, so please test and share (The download will start in the browser!!!!)
    Uploaded to goo in a few minutes

edit: goo.im/devs/WoH/bravo/ParanoidAndroid/pa_bravo-3.00-11FEB2013-183558.zip
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone