General April 1, 2024 - AP21.240305.005 - Android 14 QPR3 Beta 2.1 - "Upside Down Cake" - Pixel 7 Pro [Cheetah]

Search This thread

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Now that this reached the platform stability, I did a factory reset. With usual root setup, No noticable issues so far. Seems pretty stable build!
Is root working fine now? I recall seeing others state that there are issues with root on all A14 beta builds. On some boots, there is a chance that root is not detected. On other boots, it might be detected and work correctly. Is this the case for you?

Aks

Is root working fine now? I recall seeing others state that there are issues with root on all A14 beta builds. On some boots, there is a chance that root is not detected. On other boots, it might be detected and work correctly. Is this the case for you?
I haven't faced any issues. I'm rooted with Magisk 26.1 with universal safetynet fix , AOSP mods, adaway etc. and everything is working well. I did reboot 3-4 times and root is detected every single time. All my banking apps, Google pay and wallet works seamlessly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230610-001057.png
    Screenshot_20230610-001057.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20230610-001050.png
    Screenshot_20230610-001050.png
    233.7 KB · Views: 92

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
I haven't faced any issues. I'm rooted with Magisk 26.1 with universal safetynet fix , AOSP mods, adaway etc. and everything is working well. I did reboot 3-4 times and root is detected every single time. All my banking apps, Google pay and wallet works seamlessly.
Awesome! Thank you for the quick response! I suppose that I can try out Android 14 after all at this point since root now seems to be working without issue!

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Just to add again, I did perform a factory reset. I hope that you don't face any issues If you come from A13 with dirty flash.
Gotcha. Thanks for the tip! I always tend to do full device wipes between manual updates as I have noticed the issues that other users have run into after continuously dirty flashing. It's usually better for me to play it safe =P.

Thanks again!

exocetdj

I think A14 has enough going for it now that i'm comfortable using it as rooted stock with AOSP mods going forward

No catastrophic failure like on beta 1 (phone hard bricked lol) and everything seems pretty solid

small lag when returning to home screen from google app and amazon app crashing when sharing an item are the only issues i have had in 2 days of using it

edit - finally flashed the factory image too - using the a-c usb cable provided with google TV 😂

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member

dexlemaffo

Sep 3, 2014
Rabat
Yesterday clean flashed A14B3 and works well, battery seems better that A13beta as I previous been on it. What bothers me as HERE we go navigation force closes as I need it for work. Already reported on feedback so will see.
I guess the HerE We GO app isn't optimized yet for A14, hence the crashes. Perhaps a future update will fix it. In the mean time, you can use Waze, Sygic or GMaps

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

jhjhjhjhjhjh

Mar 14, 2017
About to install this beta. I'm on a 7pro with locked bootloader.. Wish me luck. Since I can't root yet I'll just tinckle around A14 at least...

My install process through Google beta and instantly received an update via ota...
:)
IMG_20230613_084133.jpg

jhjhjhjhjhjh

Mar 14, 2017
Okay installation took about 30 minutes including downloading..

Good and Bad

Good
More responsive system when on 120 refresh rate setting

Pretty much a stable daily driver

Stricter SECURITY and DETECTION

Slightly faster charging speeds and New charging Animation

Customizable Always on Display

I can now view videos in higher resolution than 1080p60.. on YouTube. showing 2160p
Screenshot_20230613-131950.png

Screenshot_20230613-132403.png

Bad
Unable to change nor modify nor add any settings globally as it seems Android 14 is a more locked-down operating system.
(Rooting will now seem to be the only way to modify anything)

Fingerprint reader works 2 percent of the time..(Next update will fix it in July we hope)
UPDATE Working now fast again i guess i
had to just change the lock screen wallpaper a few times after that i noticed its unlocking on one touch..GOOGLE is doing it good..

I cant install old applications that had system privallges (e.g Package Disabler :(

4A Database apk can only modify Global table no more System table modification.

Conclusion

GPS Bluetooth,mms,calls,wifi calling,nfc, Gyro, Sensors all work i use google Maps ,can't say for any other gps applications out there.

Im about 95 percent happy.
Ill be rooting Android 14 in my near future..:)
Screenshot_20230613-114247.png
Screenshot_20230613-131041.png

Last edited:

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member

Top Liked Posts