June Security Update

• Thread starter Deleted member 8164700
  • Start date

msrowley

Nov 20, 2012
https://imgur.com/a/YmTLOJu

As you can see from the screenshot the sequential writing speed is still in the same unacceptable lows!! On the other hand, when clearing chrome's 600mb cache, the device doesn't lag or hang as before, but the cache is not wiped instantly, it just doesn't lag the phone. So the eMMC slow writing speed bug is NOT fixed...

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkoMiA2

zele75

May 1, 2011

As you can see from the screenshot the sequential writing speed is still in the same unacceptable lows!! On the other hand, when clearing chrome's 600mb cache, the device doesn't lag or hang as before, but the cache is not wiped instantly, it just doesn't lag the phone. So the eMMC slow writing speed bug is NOT fixed...
So the question is, how does it affects your phone usage now?

DarkoMiA2

Aug 18, 2018
I was trying to test the eMMC but my phone just crashed. So i can't agree more with you!

This is stuff i found out:

-Bug with clearing cache is lag-free.
-Video playback in google photos applies just to horizontal video recordings.
-Camera* Portrait mode is working again.
-UI feels pretty smooth.

eMMC bug isn't solved, it's just that the lag is gone.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Bug with front flash//ON persists. Somehow it's connected with beauty mode* When it's on the flash works, but when it's off the flash doesn't work.

Reactions: cakerolls

JassyNL

Feb 10, 2009
Google apps cache can be finally deleted with no bug and 4k videos can play with no lag or discontinuance.
Indeed my Chrome cache was emptied within seconds (312mb)! That is a major improvement as before it took ages before it was done.

Also the phone feels a lot snappier. Really happy for now with this performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: cakerolls

zerkhai

Jan 18, 2019
I found out the camera slow motion has been fixed. Another one is the emmc issue. Cache and large files can delete faster and System UI is not lagging anymore.

joaomiguelsm

Jul 12, 2014
Rio de Janeiro
There is a working twrp recovery for pie so u can use it to root. The name is twrp-3.3.1-3-jasmine_sprout-unofficial.img, I don't remember the thread or the member who uploaded to give u a link but if you can't find it tell me to upload it.
Yes, there is an official one but I don't know how to extract boot.img. Can you explain me?