Question June update broke permissions being reset after a reboot after it was fixed in May?

Search This thread

WibblyW

May 24, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Moto X Play
Fixed in May update but broken again in June, any other folk finding that permissions like file access, picture-in-picture, overlay, etc all get reset after a reboot for many apps? Also all the apps I had set to Restricted battery use also get reset to Optimized after a reboot. Annoying.

WibblyW

May 24, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Moto X Play
Hmm. Several threads on Reddit with others having experienced similar with earlier releases. Not sure why it would happen for some and not others. Could it be associated with apps that target earlier APIs levels only? Is there a way to easily list the API level targeted by each installed app?

statuquo

Jul 16, 2016
Paris
OnePlus 7
Google Pixel 6
For me the reset permissions are: daw over other apps, picture in picture, file access, battery restriction, install app, autorevoke permission and probably others... Most of my apps are affected, but not bloatware Google.
I haven't seen the problem on every reboot but more like every 4 days or so (I turn my phone off at night).
I've had this pixel 6 since May 15th and had this issue from the start, with the May update and then the June update.
About ten days ago I decided to install App Ops to manage permissions more easily. The problem has not reoccurred. Is it a coincidence? This app also gives the API level for each installed app.

Reactions: WibblyW

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For me the reset permissions are: daw over other apps, picture in picture, file access, battery restriction, install app, autorevoke permission and probably others... Most of my apps are affected, but not bloatware Google.
    I haven't seen the problem on every reboot but more like every 4 days or so (I turn my phone off at night).
    I've had this pixel 6 since May 15th and had this issue from the start, with the May update and then the June update.
    About ten days ago I decided to install App Ops to manage permissions more easily. The problem has not reoccurred. Is it a coincidence? This app also gives the API level for each installed app.