Junsun V1 MTK8259 - the adapter battle (Kia Ceed Jd)

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
I bought the Junsun V1 head unit but my Kia Ceed JD had a OEM nav unit which isn't directly compatible to Junsun V1. So I re-wired the wiring harness based on the pins description of my original OEM navigation unit.
I'm only modifying the wiring harness of the Android radio and don't modify wires of the car itself to keep it original.
I removed the wire for USB because my car has a separate connector for USB and I want to use the socket in the centre console (separate post below).

What's working so far:
- Sound (I had to re-wire the speaker outputs, too)
- SWC (Steering Wheel Control)
- OEM microphone
- OEM AUX connector
- FM radio
- USB socket of the centre console
- OEM rear view camera.

Still open:
- DAB. I bought a small DAB usb device and waiting for the delivery of the DAB splitter. I hope I can keep my OEM antenna.

Additional I had some software hickups:
- The original launcher has a software bug which doesn't allow to add further shortcuts on the home screen. I decided to install AGAMA
- TTS nav software was muted when the radio was running. Can be fixed with firmware update
- Wasn't able to share the internet connection of my smartphone via Bluetooth. But I created an app to enter the hidden Android settings menu:

Last edited:

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Because the pin/connector description of the seller is not consistent...
IMG_20210208_160440.jpg

you can find the truth here:
IMG_20210221_181737.jpg
According to the second picture and the pin description of the OEM Nav unit I re-wired the wiring harness delivered with the Junsun V1.

If you have the OEM navigation unit LAN2050EKJD
IMG_20210303_114641.jpg

that's the right description of the pins:
IMG_20210303_114858.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here the concrete description how to change the black connector.
IMG_20210303_121041.jpg
I used needles and a small scredriver to unlock the pins and a small knife to bent back the retaining springs. There are special tools availiable to unpin the wires and in review that's a good invest.

GND (with the big electrical contact) --> no change
B+ --> no change
ACC --> no change
USB_Data-, USB_GND, USB_Data+, USB_VCC --> Remove all pins and so the USB wire. We will use this to create our own USB adapter (see separate post).
GND (with the small electrical contact, above Key2) is key ground --> Pin A17
Key2 --> Not needed. Remove the wire and isolate the cable
Key1 --> Pin A5
Auto_ANT (power supply for the active aerial) --> Pin A18
ILL (driving light signal to turn on the button illumination) -> A7
Rear R- --> B11
Rear R+ --> B10
Front R- --> B2
Front R+ --> B3
Rear L- --> B13
Rear L+ --> B12
Front L- --> B4
Front L+ --> B1

The REVERSE cable of the Junsun V1 is just a loose cable. We have to connect it with pin B7.
Junsun doesn't have cinch cables for AUX on the power cable but AUX input on the separate RCA wiring harness:
-1103368984-1966637142.jpg

REVERSE, AUX and MIC:
To get additional cables I bought this wiring harness:
IMG_20210303_130418.jpg
REVERSE:
Remove one wire from the additional wiring harness to get a cable with a crimped pin and connect it to B7. Use a crimp connector to connect it with the loose REVERSE cable to create a contact for the power supply of the OEM reverse camera in one step:
IMG_20210303_130248.jpg(Don't get irritated by the photo - REVERSE cable of Junsun V1 is brown!)

AUX:
Remove the AUX wires from the additional wiring harness and connect them the following way:
AUX left: A10
AUX right: A8
AUX ground (common ground for left and right): A9

MIC:
The Junsun RCA wirign harness has a 3.5mm mono socket to connect an external microphone.
-1103368984-1966637142.jpg
So I removed two more cables from the additional wiring harness and soldered them to to a 3.5mm mono plug. Connect them the following way:
MIC+: A21
MIC-: A22

Attachments

Last edited:

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Today I've got the USB adapter with the RD45 connector:
IMG_20210223_192958.jpg

I removed the pins from the adapter (right side) to add the grey RD45 connector to the Junsun wires (left side). The adapter with the open connection will help me to identify the pin assignment in the car.
IMG_20210223_193118.jpg

Here you can see the finalized wire:
IMG_20210303_121911.jpg

Last edited:

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Now I added the adapter for the rear view camera.
IMG_20210227_163201.jpg

No need to say that I had to re-wire this adapter, too. But I got it for 4 EUR without the need to buy the 24 pin connector, the step-down converter and a head shrink to protect the converter.
Most OEM cameras are running on 6V.
The car (Kia Ceed JD) has a separate connector which provides on two pins the video signal and has another two pins for the camera power input. Usually the OEM Nav unit provides the 6V but the adapter is doing this job, now.

Pin description for LAN2050EKJD:
IMG_20210303_120049.jpg
Relevant pins are only:
Pin 12 is the video image being sent to the head unit, pin 24 is the ground wire for the video. Connect cinch plug with pin 12 (inner wire) and pin 24 (shield).
Pin 10 is the positive power for the cam, pin 22 is the ground for the cam power supply.
Connect Step-Down converter 5v output! with pin 10 (+) and pin 22 (-).

I was worried if REVERSE is able to provide enough power for a stable operation of the camera. If not the solution would be to use an electronical relay, get the power from ACC and just use REVERSE as signal. An elecronical relay because a normal relay makes a click sound I don't want to hear as soon as I enter the reverse gear.

But currently it works like a charm. And I'm positive surprised because the Junsun V1 switch to back camers display before boot is completed.

Last edited: