Junsun V1/Pro Megathread

Search This thread

Wotaisalive

Nov 11, 2022
hi Andy I have the same unit and have installed it into my ford transit custom van ..

problems I am facing just now is I cant get the steering wheel functions to pair i have tried changing the can bus to a different ford model but nothing , I ended up doing a factory reset and lost the dab+ and the offline map software and still don't have the steering wheel controls ..im a total newb when it comes to tech like this ,, I'm hoping someone will educate me and put me in the right direction to solve my issues many thanks in advance
This is the official methode if you havent tried it yet.

Hfc103dbee2ae4c14a9de92ff797bb726d.jpg

H5d7e858b52994de0b31d1e2f3c90a75fl.jpg

H5d7e858b52994de0b31d1e2f3c90a75fl.jpg

Reactions: dod1695

portaxavex

Nov 24, 2022
MOD Edit:
I need help, I bought a car that comes with the junsun device and accidentally deleted toppal voice . I installed NEXAI and I can't activate it.

Preciso de ajuda, comprei um carro que vem com o dispositivo junsun e deletei sem querer o toppal voice +. Instalei o NEXAI e não consigo ativá-lo.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobinHood967

Nov 27, 2022

Hey all I need help with the below device:​

Junsun V1pro AI Voice 2din Android Auto Radio for Subaru Forester 3 SH Impreza 2007-2013 Carplay 4G Car Multimedia GPS autoradio​

Item No.: FOREST713

I have a video attached with the issue, once the car turns on the display turns on and just shows the subaru logo and flashes off, this loops constantly.
I have already tried to factory reset the device and unplugged and plugged back in the device.

If you could please assist in how to fix this issue it would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20221127_174920.mp4
    20.6 MB · Views: 0

DashOrion

Dec 4, 2022
Hi All,

I'm in the process of buying a Junsun headunit. After reading the V1 Pro thread and this megathread, I still have some doubts and questions.

I will mainly use the head unit for Android Auto but i'm in doubt about what model I will get. I hope someone can help me out :) If I'm right when using android auto, my phone (Samsung S20 ultra) will do all processing for spotify/google maps etc and the android head unit mainly functions as a screen.

I'm currently looking at the V1 (non pro) with 2GB of Ram and 32GB of ROM. Unfortunately it seems pretty hard to find some good comparison video's between the v1 pro and v1 (and I even noticed there's a v3 now?!).

1) Is this version still a bit snappy and will it run android auto without any problems?
2) If running android auto, how can you control the FM tuner?
3) when not running android auto, how's the general opinion about the v1 (non pro) with 2gb ram + 32gb rom? Is it still fast enough for today's standards or is it really to slow and should I just not bother buying this one?
4) when not running android auto, is google maps a bit fluent and snappy? Or is it lagging pretty bad?
4) on a stock install with UI 3.0, does somebody perhaps now how many GB rom is in use already and how many free RAM memory is left?

Thanks guys, I hope you can help me clear up some confusion :)

Last edited:

Andlix

Feb 22, 2011
Hi all,

I have a V1Pro (FF_866X) and have the same problem as many others here that CAN does not work.
Is there a list of car types and CAN types?

I have a VW Polo 6R from 2013. Can someone help me here?

itzelma

Dec 5, 2022
Hi. I have the mtk8259 running android 11. I have a few issues but the main issue here is that when i change settings for example the volume, it all resets when i reboot the device. does anyone know how to fix this?

Robin1896HSV

Dec 7, 2022
Hello :)
I have a Problem.
Today i got my V1 Pro.
But i doesnt have "settings" or Car Infotainment.
What can i do?

DashOrion

Dec 4, 2022
Hello :)
I have a Problem.
Today i got my V1 Pro.
But i doesnt have "settings" or Car Infotainment.
What can i do?
I got my V1 pro a few days ago from Junsun France on aliexpress and noted the same. Accordign to Junsun France it's the latest firmware that came shipped with it. Seems like they changed some things....

I also can't figure out yet how to stop the leds under the touch button from beging in disco mode...using 'colors' isn't working and I can't find any settings in the hidden menu's too.

Robin1896HSV

Dec 7, 2022
I got my V1 pro a few days ago from Junsun France on aliexpress and noted the same. Accordign to Junsun France it's the latest firmware that came shipped with it. Seems like they changed some things....

I also can't figure out yet how to stop the leds under the touch button from beging in disco mode...using 'colors' isn't working and I can't find any settings in the hidden menu's too.
I had the same Problems with the colors.
Delete the "Cache" in Apps.
Thats how i fixed it :D

DashOrion

Dec 4, 2022
I had the same Problems with the colors.
Delete the "Cache" in Apps.
Thats how i fixed it :D
Didn't work for me unfortunately.

I discovered that the only way for me to stop the disco mode currently is by doing this:

Go to settings (junsun settings, not android) --> factory --> code 123456 --> config info --> uncheck ' color '

When I do this exactly when the color I like is up, color retains that color and disco mode stops. However, the ' color ' app is totally stopped too...so you can't control anything anymore :)

I did sent a message to junsun france, let's see if they have a solution. Otherwise maybe I should decompile the apk and see how to solve it. I will report back once I heard from them.

Edit: You were right, only you should not only delete the cached files for the app, but also the storage.
So if anyone comes across this in the future:

- Junsun v1 pro leds beneath touch buttons keeps changing color (disco mode)
- Go to android settings ( settings --> more) --> Apps & Notifications -->see all apps --> click on ' Color ' app --> Storage & cache --> Clear storage & clear cache

Thereafter, disco mode stops and you can select the color you like. It don't seems possible to re-enable ' disco mode '.

About the missing ' car infotainment' menu, it seems that they now put more options in the ' junsun ' settings menu (the menu that shows when pressing on the settings icon of junsun ui 3.0 ). If you press ' factory ' in that menu, you can access some of the menu's by using the keycodes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1979Damian

yebos

Dec 12, 2022
Hi I'm new here, I've just picked up a junsun and the touchscreen isn't working, I've reset it using the reset button and by power button, but it still doesn't work, anybody got any idea on how to sort this problem out please ?
Thanks in advance
Rob

tsopanoglou

Dec 22, 2022
junsun v1 pro 4 -64
i have a mazda 6 2007 model and after the installation everything works fine exept the aircodition signs at the screen and the door when it is open+ the mazda logo my canbus code is 124
any ideas???

visser

Aug 22, 2007
Aarhus, Denmark
www.visser.com.au
Hi All,

I'm in the process of buying a Junsun headunit. After reading the V1 Pro thread and this megathread, I still have some doubts and questions.

I will mainly use the head unit for Android Auto but i'm in doubt about what model I will get. I hope someone can help me out :) If I'm right when using android auto, my phone (Samsung S20 ultra) will do all processing for spotify/google maps etc and the android head unit mainly functions as a screen.

I'm currently looking at the V1 (non pro) with 2GB of Ram and 32GB of ROM. Unfortunately it seems pretty hard to find some good comparison video's between the v1 pro and v1 (and I even noticed there's a v3 now?!).

1) Is this version still a bit snappy and will it run android auto without any problems?
3) when not running android auto, how's the general opinion about the v1 (non pro) with 2gb ram + 32gb rom? Is it still fast enough for today's standards or is it really to slow and should I just not bother buying this one?
4) when not running android auto, is google maps a bit fluent and snappy? Or is it lagging pretty bad?
4) on a stock install with UI 3.0, does somebody perhaps now how many GB rom is in use already and how many free RAM memory is left?

V1 Pro 8GB RAM/128GB DISK here, first week of usage.

- It's plenty snappy, both Google Maps as a standalone app (4G support here) or while running Android Auto; keep in mind I got the top trim, no idea with less 25% RAM and lesser CPU
- Android Auto looks great on the big screen, only wired USB works, swaps between day and night mode automatically
- I haven't played with the radio yet while running Android Auto, I assume audio defaults to the phone while connected?
- V1 Pro has a new V3.0 UI, that's where the V# confusion lies
- CANBUS integration worked out of the box for my Citroen C4 2 B7 (climate control, steering wheel controls, outside temp., etc.), door status didn't come across so will contact seller via AliExpress; very responsive on post-sales support

visser

Aug 22, 2007
Aarhus, Denmark
www.visser.com.au

my V1 Pro unit arrived this week from Junsun France and it has Car Infotainment section and the About device screen, press the Settings icon from the home screen. what firmware version do you have installed? here's mine.

Attachments

• A094a43c31c8d4c2a9e438a04143b0ecbW.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 223

visser

Aug 22, 2007
Aarhus, Denmark
www.visser.com.au
When using android auto, Nothing I do will change the maps to dark mode. I’ve changed my phone to dark mode, the head unit itself to dark mode, I’ve even changed my android auto settings to dark mode yet it stays in day mode. During the day, its not a problem but at night, even with the head unit brightness set to 1, that’s a bright ass screen in the car. Anyone had this issue?
I had that this afternoon while driving, I tried turning the light stem from Auto to Off and then back to Auto and Android Auto switched to dark mode. It might be have been coincidence but give it a try.

Reactions: zachariostevens

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi all,
    i just installed a junsun v1 plus 8g/256g HU today.
    I am a little bit confused which general threads and firmware threads are relevant to me as i dont se "plus" on OP.

Can anyone send me into the right direction?
    Hi!

Check your actual firmware version in /Settings/Car Infotaintment/About Device with code 160 ;)
    Settings2.JPG
    Hello guys. I have a Junsun V1 Plus 8/256 radio. Everything works but I have a few problems. I don't know how to disable Android Auto from connecting to the radio immediately after startup. The second thing is that I would like the radio to turn on immediately. And another thing is that when I share Wi-Fi from my phone, applications load quickly (Netflix, YouTube). And after inserting the SIM card, it takes much longer. And are there other non-factory themes for this radio apart from these 5 in the settings? Thanks for the answers.
    Hello guys. I have a Junsun V1 Plus 8/256 radio. Everything works but I have a few problems. I don't know how to disable Android Auto from connecting to the radio immediately after startup. The second thing is that I would like the radio to turn on immediately. And another thing is that when I share Wi-Fi from my phone, applications load quickly (Netflix, YouTube). And after inserting the SIM card, it takes much longer. And are there other non-factory themes for this radio apart from these 5 in the settings? Thanks for the answers.
    Hello, I don't know if you've found a solution for Android auto autostartup :
    Here is how I did :
    -Turn off bluetooth off your smartphone.
    - on your radio, launch your app managing android auto (it was Carletter for me)
    - then you can access to the settings of this app, and there's an option to disable automatic startup
    @gduck

Could you please help me with the correct Codes for my device (ac8227L) which Shows this screen to enter the Code..
    Thank you
    1234 - Factory settings
    5678 - Android settings
    56789 - Engineering menu
    hi all,
    i just installed a junsun v1 plus 8g/256g HU today.
    I am a little bit confused which general threads and firmware threads are relevant to me as i dont se "plus" on OP.

Can anyone send me into the right direction?
    Install DAB-Z to get platform and CPU information and to see if you have a MTK825X or a 8667Q device.
    This thread is consolidating all the information of Junsun V1 and V1Pro devices scattered in the Android Head-Units forum. I want to write and extend this to make it easier for new people. It's sometimes difficult to find the right information.

Warning: Some of these commands are altering the system. If something goes wrong you can brick your device. Be sure you know what you're doing. I'm not responsible for any damages!

General Other Threads​

Firmware​

Root​

Updating Firmware​

Preparation

• USB drive formatted as FAT32
    • Files for update (*.bin, *.upd) need to be in the root directory of the USB drive

Starting the Update

The update should start automatically when the USB drive is plugged in. A pop-up appears that says that an update will start. After a few seconds the device will reboot and install the update.

If this doesn't work, plug in the USB stick and restart the device with a needle in the reset button. When the device starts up move one finger on the touchscreen around and wait for a green detected message at the top of the screen. The update will start.

Problem solving

I don't have a *.upd file
    That is OK, the file does mot contain any information. Just create a new empty file and rename it like the *.bin file. As example, if you have a 8259.bin create a 8259.upd file.

The device doesn't recognize my USB thumb drive
    There are 2 USB connectors on the back of the device. If one does not work, try the other. Make sure your thumb drive is formatted as FAT32.

Firmware Files​

This list is made by taking links from different firmware threads (found in first post). Every entry has a link to the original posts. Please be careful when flashing, the files need to match the correct CPU and screen resolution. If you have files for the normal V1 or different screen resolutions you can send me a PM.

Junsun V1 Pro | 8259 | 1280 x 720:​

Junsun V1 Pro | 8227L:​

Junsun V1 | 8667Q | 720 x 1280:​

Factory Reset​

Settings -> Car Infotainment -> About Device -> Settings Icon -> Code 8878 -> Erase all Content
    Junsun GPS application

Activation code and steps:
    (1). Download and install the file of video 1 in the sd card.
    (2). Copy the 3 files to the machine through the SD card, and click to install each file
    (3). Turn on the radio wifi. Connected to mobile hotspot
    (4). Enter the installed program "junsun security". Enter code:SCTHTSC1 and then click the arrow, it will show that the activation is successful
    (5). Download the APK file of video 2 to the mobile phone, install it, and enter the "junsun online" program. Register an account, then log in to the account
    (6). Scan the QR code on the right of "junsun security" after logging in. Bind the phone

link to the app:
    Hi All,

V1 Pro 8GB RAM/128GB DISK here, first week of usage.

- It's plenty snappy, both Google Maps as a standalone app (4G support here) or while running Android Auto; keep in mind I got the top trim, no idea with less 25% RAM and lesser CPU
    - Android Auto looks great on the big screen, only wired USB works, swaps between day and night mode automatically
    - I haven't played with the radio yet while running Android Auto, I assume audio defaults to the phone while connected?
    - V1 Pro has a new V3.0 UI, that's where the V# confusion lies
    - CANBUS integration worked out of the box for my Citroen C4 2 B7 (climate control, steering wheel controls, outside temp., etc.), door status didn't come across so will contact seller via AliExpress; very responsive on post-sales support
    So I Brought it back to my installer and he fixed it. Apparently in my car the speaker inputs were reversed, that why I couldn't hear anyone through speakers. He told me some cars with 6 plus speakers have this problem when installing these type of units. Loving the unit now that's its all fixed.