• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Junsun V1 Pro MTK8259 4GB + 64GB Android 10 headunit

Search This thread

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
I have the other one without Navigation. The Adapter was just Plug and Play (I hope so). Then the Canbus Adapter and ready... Thats what Chinese Seller says. Maybe the antenna didnt get enough Power? :-/

I am not an technican... 🙄 So maybe I have to let it proof by someone who has the knowledge... I dont know how I can check.
Good idea if you don't want to invest time and in a multimeter.

Sewa55

Aug 11, 2021
Hello guys I have problem with junsun and rear camera when turn key to frist possition when start radio a gear reverse so I camera works properly but when I start the engine so I lost signal from camera can you help me?

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Hello guys I have problem with junsun and rear camera when turn key to frist possition when start radio a gear reverse so I camera works properly but when I start the engine so I lost signal from camera can you help me?
Your camera is connected to the rear lights?
If yes :
Is it possible your car turns off lights during the start of the engine so the camera doesn't get power and the head unit will loose reverse signal for a short period of time? Ask a helping person to have a look on your reverse lights during engine start.

Sewa55

Aug 11, 2021
Your camera is connected to the rear lights?
If yes :
Is it possible your car turns off lights during the start of the engine so the camera doesn't get power and the head unit will loose reverse signal for a short period of time? Ask a helping person to have a look on your reverse lights during engine start.
Yes it could be problem but i don't have signal from rear camer also during drive.I have signal only when is key in frist position.

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
[...]
Hence this is why the trigger for the reverse isn't working when the engine is running but when you turn the engine off and put the keys into accessories position, it may display when in reverse.
[...]

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021

You could also try to use a step-up-converter which converts lower input voltage to stable 12V. The converter can be directly connected to the reverse light.
This would be easier to install than a relais (first solution) . Because the relais needs an additional wire which provides the stable 12V.

Just a sample how such a converter looks like:

cozzysa

Apr 15, 2011
Does anyone have a link to the latest software for the junsun v1 pro 4gb + 64gb 4G version? And are there any improvements from stock?

digitable

Nov 30, 2012
Slovakia
To configure buttons:
settings > Car Infotainment > about device > on the top right press little wheel for settings > 8878 > enter > Touch Study.
There you can configure buttons. Under volume - I have added invisible button for radio as I have lost it with Nova launcher.
Good luck, if any Q. just ask.

Mysli0210

Feb 13, 2016
I recently bought a Ebilaen Android 10 head unit, that looked like the junsun and whatever brands they go by.
In aida64 it identified as the Alps 825X_pro, just like the junsun v1 pro.
Unfortunately i didnt know how to backup the original firmware. But it had the following mcu? versions:
HMI: RDJK.G5.D.Q.F.10.2021.04.09
MCU: TS-G5.201021(H)
Media: HC_2.0.0_210112_1030(v1.84)
BTV: BT.21.04.09.1000(02:10:52:95:86:69)

I tried flashing the junsun image with twrp and magisk from 4pda.to
whilst it worked, the physical buttons did not. therefor i tried the unmodified version (8259P_EUI12-96_v18_20210105) which does in fact work.
I managed to find the twrp as a flashable recovery, which were easily flashed by putting it in the root of a usbstick as recovery.img together with 8259.upd(which i think just triggers the update on boot)

After flashing twrp. I managed to extract the boot.img, followed by patching it using magisk on my phone, and flashing it just like the recovery, but naming it boot.img, just as i hoped, it works.

Now, all the images i have found so far, has been pre-compiled binaries containing the img files, which i havent got the faintest idea of how to extract, and further, if its of any use to anyone?

As a safeguard i asked the seller for the latest firmware, which i got (might be older than what the unit came with judging by the file dates)
But this came as a flashable zip containing all the seperate images instead, which i thought could be of use to a developer in here for some custom rom making?

Its all uploaded to the below google drive folder, including the junsun v2 pro beta firmware, that was uploaded recently here on xda.

On another related subject, does anyone know if there exists an apk of the google car dialer app
As far as i can tell, this dialer jooks just like the regular google dialer, but kinda works as a remote for the phone, which i would love to have instead of the horrendous dialers that ar builtin to the firmware.

- Mysli0210

Edit:
Crawled the web further.
Seemingly The AC in AC8257 stands for AutoChips, seems to fit the bill if you look at the company roadmap in this pdf:

Also if you search for "*AC8257*" without the quotes on this chinese search engines
a lot of android and linux development related stuff turns up, could this be useful to people making custom roms?

Last edited:

focussoft

May 25, 2012
Carrollton,Il
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I was able to delete from Bluetooth in the main Bluetooth UI, including an OBD2 Adapter.
Did you manage to fix the problem with settings being reset after boot/reboot ?
I also have a Xtrons , but a 7" version , same problems
I installed a upd firmware with blue launcher from 4pda , but the problem persist , making me believe its a mcu problem , which was not updated at the same time.

ONDR4SH3K

Nov 15, 2009
Opava
Put a picture with the new CAN BUS.
Hi guys,

If someone have Peugeot 307 (year 2007) and is not able to control central screen of car from Junsun, or having oil resetting the soluton is buy a new canbus PSA-RZ-01 because Junsun are sending PSA-RZ-15 and it's not compatible with 2007 year Peugeot. I wasnt sucessful to resolve issue with Junsun they answer only "your car can't control central screen".

Link to working canbus: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000907835515.html
Canbus type in Junsun: 284

Now everything works like with original radio. ;-)

IMG_3753.JPGIMG_3754.PNGIMG_3755.PNG

Rodry26

Sep 12, 2021
I solved the launcher issue by installing radio apk from “for_launchers” zip file found in this forum
Hello! I have a problem with my JUNSUN V1 PRO 8259, i deleted the 3 apk that comes default in the APKINSTALLER, and now the radio app doesn´t appears anymore on system and i dont know how to reinstall it, i made a hard reset many times but dont solve the problem... i reinstall the firmware too with newer UI 3.0 version many times but this dont reinstall apps too... i dont know what to do, probably i can try with this "for_launchers" archive you mentioned. where can i download it? thank you so much and best regards!

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Hello! I have a problem with my JUNSUN V1 PRO 8259, i deleted the 3 apk that comes default in the APKINSTALLER, and now the radio app doesn´t appears anymore on system and i dont know how to reinstall it, i made a hard reset many times but dont solve the problem... i reinstall the firmware too with newer UI 3.0 version many times but this dont reinstall apps too... i dont know what to do, probably i can try with this "for_launchers" archive you mentioned. where can i download it? thank you so much and best regards!
Scroll through https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/junsun-v1-start-equalizer-aux-bt-music-from-launcher.4237797/ to find for_launchers and more

Rodry26

Sep 12, 2021

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys. I have junsun v1pro 2gb/32gb (4g+wifi)
    1.is the firmware in post #303 the latest?
    2.If i install the last firmware i will lose everything? Apps that i have installed, songs, etc?
    3.how can i find if my car has can bus? (suzuki swift 2007)
    No, this is the latest firmware, just got it from the vendor 2 days ago, was dated 2021/12/01, iirc.

The latest firmware wipes the device, yes. Not sure if it wipes user data (songs), as I don't have any on mine.
    Thanks. In the last and the previous firmware i had an issue with the dissapearing status bar, which dispears in certain apps . For example Waze navigation, Spotify, etc. (but in Goole Maps it works fine).
    Do You know or can you pls check if this problem is solved in this firmware? Don't want to reinstall everything, just to find out there is no significant change.

It doesn't. When i launch Waze, the top bar goes away., Only comes back if i drag it from the top.
    Not sure if its a bug, though. Personally i like it better this way, but it does vary from person to person.

Did you flash it? Everything OK?

Yep. Everything is great. I had a pretty old firmware (December of 2020) and flashed this new one with no issues. It works fantastic.
    And the procedure is to unzip the file put the 2 files in a usb drive(formatted in fat32), connect usb drive and starts automatically?
    yep
    Did the vendor told You anithing about the fixes/updates in this version? could not find any info in the bin file
    I own 2 of these radios, this one and a PX6 unit.
    I've flashed many, many firmwares and MCU's, not once have i seen a release info / patch notes.
    I used another usb stick and OK. I update fw
    Firmware installed in meantime?
    Today I applied the Firmware Stock update procedure. The procedure was successful and the tablet works ok. It remains to put it back in the car and see how it behaves in tests. This was possible for the two users who thank them once again: djborsi and TorstenH. I removed the tablet from the car and made the connections to be able to work with a + 12V DC / 220v power supply. For those who want to power it separately from the car, I put some pictures after the procedure and a wiring diagram. I made a video with the FW update procedure. Because I noticed that the tablet heats up a lot, I mounted a 12V / DC fan, It has the size 70X70mm. and thickness 15 mm. It was from an old CPU cooler. It is fastened at the back with 4 screws as seen in the photo. I put a 40 Ohm series resistor. to reduce speed and noise. I hope that what I posted here will bring a little help to those interested.
    Hi, I have this same radio. I tried to connect it to the computer as I read here and I could not do it. What I would like to do is to root it and if I can put the TWRP RECOVERY. I have not been able to extract the boot.img from the firmware.bin. On the other hand, the "back" button has been deconfigured and now the action it does when I press it, is that I turn off the screen. Do you know how to fix it? I have used the "BUTTONS REMAPPER" application but I have not achieved anything.

Best Regards
    Did you try connect with Flash Tool after MTK driver installed? How did you understand that no connection? About buttons remap - consider should be enough to uninstall buttons remapper.
    What car do you have?
    I'm sorry, but I don't know what duraspeed is.
    adb shell
    su @#zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiop1234567890,.
    setprop persist.vendor.duraspeed.app.on 0
    exit
    exit
    Hola chicos, soy nuevo en el foro. Tengo la misma radio de hace unos meses, y no sé si les pasará lo mismo a los que tienen un Peugeot 307, y son 2 cosas. 1 kilometri pentru revizuire, lo reseteo, dar atunci când începe la ziua următoare, întorc 0 cu simbolul llavei. 2 ca schimbare la oră la ecranul central, ya que la hora se adelantó en mi país, se actualizează la radio dar în ecranul de serie al auto-ului nu se actualizează. (Lo siento por mi ingles)
    Write in English, you can use Google Translate.