• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Junsun V1 Pro MTK8259 4GB + 64GB Android 10 headunit

Search This thread

Armin.K

Jun 16, 2017
Budapest
Hey!

I just bought this device, the 4+64GB version with CarPlay, and I can't seem to make CarPlay work. I connected my phone to the unit with bluetooth and a cable also, I enabled auto link, but when I open the phone link app it says loading then quits. Could you help me solve this issue? I wouldn't paid this much for it if It wasn't for CarPlay, and I'm really considering sending back the unit now.

coroneta

Feb 6, 2010
Hey!

I just bought this device, the 4+64GB version with CarPlay, and I can't seem to make CarPlay work. I connected my phone to the unit with bluetooth and a cable also, I enabled auto link, but when I open the phone link app it says loading then quits. Could you help me solve this issue? I wouldn't paid this much for it if It wasn't for CarPlay, and I'm really considering sending back the unit now.
I have same problem with android auto, i activated autolink in secret menu but when i enter in app to put the code the seller sent to me app its always loading and cant connect to internet to write the code ( i gave wifi conection to the android unit with mi mobile phone)

Armin.K

Jun 16, 2017
Budapest
Hey!

I was able to make CarPlay work with a cable after a factory reset. Also, I realized I have to use USB1 for it to work. In one of the secret menus, there was a CarPlay option and If I pressed it, it did nothing. After some time I realized there is a little ON/OFF indicator next to it, but it's so little that it's hard to see and also blends in with the background.

Hi. I have the Junsun V1 Pro 4GB+64GB with 4G.
The seller of the unit send me a firmware update to the UI 3.0 which installed fine on my device.
However, I hate that particular UI. It seems too clumsy while the previous one was cleaner.

Is there any way to keep the firmware updated, but return to previous UI (after all it's just a "skin", no ?)
Or if that's not possible, is there a way to return to latest (most updated) version 2.0 of the UI ?
I don't have any 2.0 image/firmware. Only the 3.0 my seller send me (which is dated 18/09/2021)

hurjup

Sep 29, 2021
Hi. I have the Junsun V1 Pro 4GB+64GB with 4G.
The seller of the unit send me a firmware update to the UI 3.0 which installed fine on my device.
However, I hate that particular UI. It seems too clumsy while the previous one was cleaner.

Is there any way to keep the firmware updated, but return to previous UI (after all it's just a "skin", no ?)
Or if that's not possible, is there a way to return to latest (most updated) version 2.0 of the UI ?
I don't have any 2.0 image/firmware. Only the 3.0 my seller send me (which is dated 18/09/2021)
For firmwares have a look at this. In further questions I can't help, I didn't receive my unit, yet.

trofin62

Nov 13, 2021
Bună, nu vreau să fiu răutăcios. De ce a trebuit să dezasamblați întregul dispozitiv?
Am avut și o problemă cu dispozitivul meu, o luase razna pentru că unele fișiere de sistem au fost șterse accidental. Fiul meu a introdus un Stick în dispozitiv, probabil a transferat fișiere de sistem pe Stick, apoi au fost șterse când Stick-ul a fost introdus în computerul de acasă.
Pentru că dispozitivul înnebunise, am reinstalat firmware-ul astfel: am adus dispozitivul acasă și l-am alimentat pentru a funcționa. Am luat un stick USB l-am formatat FAT 32 apoi am pus fisierele in el. L-am introdus în dispozitivul Junsun în slotul USB-1.
Iată linkul către întreaga procedură.
Salut. Cum ai instalat Junsun online app

sm0.

Nov 29, 2021
Hello from France to everyone !

I bought this Junsun V1 Pro 4G 6GB-128GB screen and installed it yesterday in my Peugeot 508 rxh 180 Blue HDI.
Everything work well excepted the rear camera. For your information im using the original OEM rear camera (not the one provided by Junsun).
I got this message : No Signal
A friend of mine installed it 1 week ago and it works well and he has the same car than mine.

See attached pics.

Dont hesitate to ask me any further informations !

Thank you for your help ! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20211128_151834.jpg
    IMG_20211128_151834.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20211129_113416.jpg
    IMG_20211129_113416.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20211129_113442.jpg
    IMG_20211129_113442.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20211129_113610.jpg
    IMG_20211129_113610.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20211129_113825.jpg
    IMG_20211129_113825.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 87

sm0.

Nov 29, 2021
Up, I'm sorry but I feel very desesperate... 😢 Can someone helps me? 🙏

Last edited:

AlbertoBmwe90

Nov 30, 2021
¡Hola desde Francia a todos!

Compré esta pantalla Junsun V1 Pro 4G 6GB-128GB y la instalé ayer en mi Peugeot 508 rxh 180 Blue HDI.
Todo funciona bien excepto la cámara trasera. Para su información, estoy usando la cámara trasera OEM original (no la proporcionada por Junsun).
Recibí este mensaje: Sin señal
Un amigo mío lo instaló hace 1 semana y funciona bien y tiene el mismo auto que el mío.

Ver fotos adjuntas.

¡No dudes en pedirme más información!

Gracias por tu ayuda ! :)
I had the same problem with the reversing camera. I realized that with the ignition on but the car did not start it worked, and when it started it said no signal. I thought it was the Canbus's fault. If I engage reverse, with no camera connected, the reverse camera screen automatically opens. In this way, feeding the camera from the battery via relay and the relay fed to the reversing lights is how the camera has worked for me. I have not connected any brown wire to radio. I enclose an installation diagram. Sorry for the google translation

sm0.

Nov 29, 2021
I had the same problem with the reversing camera. I realized that with the ignition on but the car did not start it worked, and when it started it said no signal. I thought it was the Canbus's fault. If I engage reverse, with no camera connected, the reverse camera screen automatically opens. In this way, feeding the camera from the battery via relay and the relay fed to the reversing lights is how the camera has worked for me. I have not connected any brown wire to radio. I enclose an installation diagram. Sorry for the google translation
Thank you everything work well 😁🙏

Reactions: AlbertoBmwe90
Has anyone ordered an ADAS cam with his unit ?
I did, and it works, but I have various issues with it.
So I was wondering if anyone else has an ADAS unit and if there's any other software/app except the one Junsun provides that perhaps could manage the cam and improve it's functionality.

The main issues I have with it are:
1) Very, very BAD English translation (you have to wonder what the settings do most of the time)
2) Audio warnings in Chinese language only
3) Some options won't stick after the HU reboots (not all options though)
4) The ADAS system "likes" to warn you every time you go over 120KM/H (aprox 75 M/H) despite that on many highways in my country it's absolutely legal to reach speeds of 120-130 KM/H
5) You can't export the videos from the SD card without removing it from the cam and using a card reader on a PC (or inserting it on another device with SD reader). However, the ADAS app itself is able to access the videos on the SD card and even play them on screen. But no export/download function... go figure..
6) Finally the "ADAS" functions themselves are not good or accurate. But I don't really mind. I got the cam mostly for recording the road in case of accident/emergency.

AlbertoBmwe90

Nov 30, 2021
¿Alguien ha pedido una cámara ADAS con su unidad?
Lo hice y funciona, pero tengo varios problemas.
Así que me preguntaba si alguien más tiene una unidad ADAS y si hay algún otro software / aplicación, excepto el que proporciona Junsun, que quizás pueda administrar la cámara y mejorar su funcionalidad.

Los principales problemas que tengo con él son:
1) Traducción al inglés muy, muy MALA (tienes que preguntarte qué hace la configuración la mayor parte del tiempo)
2) Advertencias de audio solo en idioma chino
3) Algunas opciones no se mantendrán después de que el HU se reinicie (aunque no todas las opciones)
4) Al sistema ADAS le "gusta" advertirte cada vez que superas los 120 KM / H (aproximadamente 75 M / H) a pesar de que en muchas carreteras de mi país es absolutamente legal alcanzar velocidades de 120-130 KM / H
5) No puede exportar los videos de la tarjeta SD sin quitarla de la cámara y usar un lector de tarjetas en una PC (o insertarlo en otro dispositivo con lector SD). Sin embargo, la propia aplicación ADAS puede acceder a los videos en la tarjeta SD e incluso reproducirlos en la pantalla. Pero no hay función de exportación / descarga ... imagínate ...
6) Finalmente, las funciones de "ADAS" en sí mismas no son buenas ni precisas. Pero realmente no me importa. Obtuve la cámara principalmente para grabar la carretera en caso de accidente / emergencia.
Have you updated the application from the about tab, within the application? Not that it improves the app much, but at least the voices are in English

Yes, I did update it about 5 or 10 days ago.
The problems I report are based on this "updated" version.
Which, as you said, doesn't improve the app much at all.
Voices are still on Chinese for me. And there's no option inside the app to change language.
Maybe it defaults to Chinese for me because my Android OS default language is not set to English but to Greek.
At least that's the only reason I can think of if your speaks English but mine doesn't.

I believe that's the app that's installed on it BTW:

Last edited:

AlbertoBmwe90

Nov 30, 2021
My camera is a Junsun S600. Inside the camera came an apk to install and then I updated from the application. My native language is Spanish. I set the main language within the hidden menu. I'm going to copy the apk that comes inside the camera and upload a copy for you to install to see if it works for you

akiskalf

Dec 12, 2018
Hello from France to everyone !

I bought this Junsun V1 Pro 4G 6GB-128GB screen and installed it yesterday in my Peugeot 508 rxh 180 Blue HDI.
Everything work well excepted the rear camera. For your information im using the original OEM rear camera (not the one provided by Junsun).
I got this message : No Signal
A friend of mine installed it 1 week ago and it works well and he has the same car than mine.

See attached pics.

Dont hesitate to ask me any further informations !

Thank you for your help ! :)
You need to connect the Brown Wire BEFORE it connects to the unit. Had the same problem and this fixxed it.
Hope it helps

micmarche

Dec 7, 2021
Ciao a tutti. Ho acquistato un junsun v1 pro con processore Mtk8259, 6gb di ram e 128gb di rom. Qualcuno potrebbe dirmi che firmware ho e se ce n'è uno più recente? Allego foto dell'unità. Grazie

Attachments

• Compress_20211208_084009_9290.jpg
    Compress_20211208_084009_9290.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Compress_20211208_084005_5181.jpg
    Compress_20211208_084005_5181.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 35
  • Compress_20211208_084010_0462.jpg
    Compress_20211208_084010_0462.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Compress_20211208_084008_8029.jpg
    Compress_20211208_084008_8029.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Compress_20211208_084006_6720.jpg
    Compress_20211208_084006_6720.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Achilefs_k

Jul 9, 2016
Hi. I need your help. I bought this multimedia a year ago(4g version) and from the very first time i had problem with sim card. I inserted a sim card in the sim card cable(one of the two sim card that i previous used in my double sim mobile phone) and nothing happened. Like i didn't insert sim card. I spoke with the store and they sent me a new sim card cable. I connect it to the multimedia but same problem again. Can not read sim card.
Are there any hidden settings in hidden menu? What can i do?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211215-192153_AliExpress~01.jpg
    Screenshot_20211215-192153_AliExpress~01.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20211215-192142_AliExpress~01.jpg
    Screenshot_20211215-192142_AliExpress~01.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 32

AlbertoBmwe90

Nov 30, 2021
Hi. I need your help. I bought this multimedia a year ago(4g version) and from the very first time i had problem with sim card. I inserted a sim card in the sim card cable(one of the two sim card that i previous used in my double sim mobile phone) and nothing happened. Like i didn't insert sim card. I spoke with the store and they sent me a new sim card cable. I connect it to the multimedia but same problem again. Can not read sim card.
Are there any hidden settings in hidden menu? What can i do?
You have to disassemble the housing and check if the cables of the sim are well soldered, I had the same problem because they were short-circuited. Once I soldered the wires well the SIM card worked automatically.

Achilefs_k

Jul 9, 2016
You have to disassemble the housing and check if the cables of the sim are well soldered, I had the same problem because they were short-circuited. Once I soldered the wires well the SIM card worked automatically.
I disassebled it. Its like yours(colors of the smaller cables). I don't see something weird...
You suggest to cut the smaller cables and solder them again?

Last edited:

AlbertoBmwe90

Nov 30, 2021
I disassebled it. Its like yours(colors of the smaller cables). I don't see something weird...
You suggest to cut the smaller cables and solder them again?
Before cutting, check with an ohmmeter. From the ends, click on each pin of the Sim socket and on the end of the white connector with a needle. If there is any contact that does not have continuity, there is the problem. My English is from Google translation, sorry for mistakes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Firmware installed in meantime?
    Today I applied the Firmware Stock update procedure. The procedure was successful and the tablet works ok. It remains to put it back in the car and see how it behaves in tests. This was possible for the two users who thank them once again: djborsi and TorstenH. I removed the tablet from the car and made the connections to be able to work with a + 12V DC / 220v power supply. For those who want to power it separately from the car, I put some pictures after the procedure and a wiring diagram. I made a video with the FW update procedure. Because I noticed that the tablet heats up a lot, I mounted a 12V / DC fan, It has the size 70X70mm. and thickness 15 mm. It was from an old CPU cooler. It is fastened at the back with 4 screws as seen in the photo. I put a 40 Ohm series resistor. to reduce speed and noise. I hope that what I posted here will bring a little help to those interested.
    Hi, I have this same radio. I tried to connect it to the computer as I read here and I could not do it. What I would like to do is to root it and if I can put the TWRP RECOVERY. I have not been able to extract the boot.img from the firmware.bin. On the other hand, the "back" button has been deconfigured and now the action it does when I press it, is that I turn off the screen. Do you know how to fix it? I have used the "BUTTONS REMAPPER" application but I have not achieved anything.

Best Regards
    Did you try connect with Flash Tool after MTK driver installed? How did you understand that no connection? About buttons remap - consider should be enough to uninstall buttons remapper.
    What car do you have?
    I'm sorry, but I don't know what duraspeed is.
    adb shell
    su @#zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiop1234567890,.
    setprop persist.vendor.duraspeed.app.on 0
    exit
    exit
    Hola chicos, soy nuevo en el foro. Tengo la misma radio de hace unos meses, y no sé si les pasará lo mismo a los que tienen un Peugeot 307, y son 2 cosas. 1 kilometri pentru revizuire, lo reseteo, dar atunci când începe la ziua următoare, întorc 0 cu simbolul llavei. 2 ca schimbare la oră la ecranul central, ya que la hora se adelantó en mi país, se actualizează la radio dar în ecranul de serie al auto-ului nu se actualizează. (Lo siento por mi ingles)
    Write in English, you can use Google Translate.