Junsun V1 Pro MTK8259 4GB + 64GB Android 10 headunit

Search This thread

AlbertoBmwe90

Nov 30, 2021
You said they sent you another cable, you can do the test with that cable so as not to disassemble the radio, and try to fix that one if it fails. Also try to remove the Pin from the SIM card, lest the radio does not support pin

AlbertoBmwe90

Nov 30, 2021
Hi all. I have a question. Is there any way to change so that the android radio does not turn off at all. I have set sleep mode but after 20 minutes, when I get back in the car, the radio starts again from the beginning. My car is a 2006 E90 with Canbus. I do not know if for this reason it turns off completely, although it maintains the memory of radio stations but the time has changed and when it turns on and synchronizes to the network it changes to the correct time. Everything works fine, the steering wheel controls are well configured. Thanks

Achilefs_k

Jul 9, 2016
You said they sent you another cable, you can do the test with that cable so as not to disassemble the radio, and try to fix that one if it fails. Also try to remove the Pin from the SIM card, lest the radio does not support pin
Hi friend. I checked both cables and the pin that is in the red circle in both cables has no electricity. Is that how it must be?

Attachments

• 20211220_153106.jpg
    20211220_153106.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 51

R3actor85

Dec 19, 2021
Hi anyone using this HU with an 8gen Honda Accord? I have a trouble selecting the right canbus settings that has all the feature and no issues.

Morpheuspt

Jan 13, 2012
Penacova
I've just purchased a V1 pro 2+32 unit, and it came with a 2020.12.18 firmware, seems fairly old.
Can i use the latest firmware on this thread to upgrade it?

Thanks!

IMG_20211223_165622.jpg

Morpheuspt

Jan 13, 2012
Penacova
Yep, installed it, works fine.
I'm almost done settiing it up, I just need to figure out why nothing happens on the unit when I turn my headlights on. Need to check the illumination cable. Either that, or nothing is supposed to happen, I dunno.

Achilefs_k

Jul 9, 2016
Hi guys. I have junsun v1pro 2gb/32gb (4g+wifi)
1.is the firmware in post #303 the latest?
2.If i install the last firmware i will lose everything? Apps that i have installed, songs, etc?
3.how can i find if my car has can bus? (suzuki swift 2007)

Last edited:

Morpheuspt

Jan 13, 2012
Penacova
Hi guys. I have junsun v1pro 2gb/32gb (4g+wifi)
1.is the firmware in post #303 the latest?
2.If i install the last firmware i will lose everything? Apps that i have installed, songs, etc?
3.how can i find if my car has can bus? (suzuki swift 2007)
No, this is the latest firmware, just got it from the vendor 2 days ago, was dated 2021/12/01, iirc.

The latest firmware wipes the device, yes. Not sure if it wipes user data (songs), as I don't have any on mine.

Reactions: Neopaleo

Neopaleo

May 21, 2021
No, this is the latest firmware, just got it from the vendor 2 days ago, was dated 2021/12/01, iirc.

The latest firmware wipes the device, yes. Not sure if it wipes user data (songs), as I don't have any on mine.
Thanks. In the last and the previous firmware i had an issue with the dissapearing status bar, which dispears in certain apps . For example Waze navigation, Spotify, etc. (but in Goole Maps it works fine).
Do You know or can you pls check if this problem is solved in this firmware? Don't want to reinstall everything, just to find out there is no significant change.

Morpheuspt

Jan 13, 2012
Penacova
Thanks. In the last and the previous firmware i had an issue with the dissapearing status bar, which dispears in certain apps . For example Waze navigation, Spotify, etc. (but in Goole Maps it works fine).
Do You know or can you pls check if this problem is solved in this firmware? Don't want to reinstall everything, just to find out there is no significant change.

It doesn't. When i launch Waze, the top bar goes away., Only comes back if i drag it from the top.
Not sure if its a bug, though. Personally i like it better this way, but it does vary from person to person.

Did you flash it? Everything OK?

Yep. Everything is great. I had a pretty old firmware (December of 2020) and flashed this new one with no issues. It works fantastic.

Reactions: Achilefs_k

Achilefs_k

Jul 9, 2016
It doesn't. When i launch Waze, the top bar goes away., Only comes back if i drag it from the top.
Not sure if its a bug, though. Personally i like it better this way, but it does vary from person to person.

Yep. Everything is great. I had a pretty old firmware (December of 2020) and flashed this new one with no issues. It works fantastic.
And the procedure is to unzip the file put the 2 files in a usb drive(formatted in fat32), connect usb drive and starts automatically?

Neopaleo

May 21, 2021

Did the vendor told You anithing about the fixes/updates in this version? could not find any info in the bin file

Morpheuspt

Jan 13, 2012
Penacova
And the procedure is to unzip the file put the 2 files in a usb drive(formatted in fat32), connect usb drive and starts automatically?
yep
Did the vendor told You anithing about the fixes/updates in this version? could not find any info in the bin file
I own 2 of these radios, this one and a PX6 unit.
I've flashed many, many firmwares and MCU's, not once have i seen a release info / patch notes.

Reactions: Achilefs_k

Achilefs_k

Jul 9, 2016
I tried to upgrade firmware and when i connect usb with the 2 files nothing happens and when i try to open and see the content of the usb with fx Explorer i get that message...

Attachments

• 20211226_081822.jpg
    20211226_081822.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:

AlbertoBmwe90

Nov 30, 2021
I think I remember when I updated. First I plugged the FAT32-formatted USB stick into the 6-pin USB of the radio. After connecting, turn off the radio completely and nothing but the initial logo appears, slide your finger several times on the screen to enter recovery mode. Once in recovery mode, select update firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But maybe you're interested in my new free app:
    I should mention that there are also three cables from the V1Pro adapter kit labeled "Back" and "12V" that are not connected.... But if thats the case I don't understand what I'm supposed to attach them to?
    View attachment 5587935
    Perhaps to these from car..?
    View attachment 5587943

Hello pexer-abc,

I'm havine a similar situation on a Ford Focus 2 Hatchback from 2007 (nonfacelift) with : Junsun V1pro CarPlay Car Radio Multimedia Player For ford focus 2 Mk2 2004-2008 2009 2010 2011 Android Auto GPS 2din autoradio, Variant : 4G (6GB 128GB) B, China

And camera: GreenYi 170° AHD Vehicle Rear View Camera For Ford Focus 2C 3C Sedan Mondeo 2/4 Fiesta Land Rover Range Rover Freelander 2 Car, Variant: D-CVBS720P-AHD720P, China

In my case the camera works perfectly in the "AV_IN" application but it does not trigger automatically.

I tried connecting the brown "BACK" cable to GND and there is no voltage drop on Neutral position neither on Reverse Gear.
    On the other hand connecting the brown "BACK" cable to Bat + gives a voltage drop of ~ 12V but still no camera triggering.
    In a nutshell connecting the red wire from video signal to +12 V on the reverse light and the other side to BROWN wire on the radio basically doesn nothing. Since the BAT+ didn't trigger the camera either.

This tells me that the "BACK" cable doesn't do anything. Most likely it's a software configuration somewhere.
    I'm messaging them for about a month now on AliExpress but they keep telling me I didn't wire the camera correctly.
    fn3SHVY.jpg
    KsIB2ac.jpg
    I connected +12V to brown cable (when you switch to reverse). After that the head unit switch to right video input.

1650462325593.png

And there is my backcar settings.

1650462549534.png
    Further reverse engineering on my side (The booring part):

H743408a54b8f4764849f9d90a6ebb356j.jpg

1. The pin 14 is a Digital Input pin for 12V. This means this pin can read either a 0 Logic (0V) or a 1 Logic (12V)
    2. In my testing connecting a wire for pin 14 to pin 8, will trick the system into detecting the reverse signal. (Basically connecting 14 to 8 we send 12V directly to the Digital Input.)

91kLaLY.jpg
    n6C7zU3.jpg

3. My camera was connected to CVBS-IN because that was my came specifications. But the camera should be connected to the yellow connector that has "CAM VIN" written on it. (For me this disabled the functionality inside of the "AV_IN" APP).
    4. Also Connect the pin 14 (BROWN WIRE with the label "BACK")to the red wire from the video signal.
    1YCL2hc.jpg

5. If you have and exposed red wire on the other side of the signal cable, make sure that it is connected to 12V+. (See step 1. -this will basically tell pin 14 that reverse gear has been engaged-)
    In the example bellow, you must connect 5 to 1. This will actually connect 1 to 4. (Basically 3 is an extension of 5).
    1650469042082.png
    H27058b658c224a4bb0678adbee9bdf6eN.jpg

NOTE! The description of the product says 5 should not be connected. This is wrong. The Gift Camera povided with the Head-Unit has 5 and 1 already connected. But if you use a different camera make sure to connect 5 to 12V+.

6. Settings.(Worked for me, you knowledge my vary)
    weeGwiD.jpg

7. Profit! +++

This should be applicable to any vehicle version. Tested on a 2007 Ford Focus 2.
    I hope this helps someone...
    What changes does this firmware have?
    Looks exactly the same, but it sorted the problems I was having as listed before. Can now use the stock apps (radio) etc. with Agama although I am not sure if this was the case with older firmware or not
    Firmware installed in meantime?
    Today I applied the Firmware Stock update procedure. The procedure was successful and the tablet works ok. It remains to put it back in the car and see how it behaves in tests. This was possible for the two users who thank them once again: djborsi and TorstenH. I removed the tablet from the car and made the connections to be able to work with a + 12V DC / 220v power supply. For those who want to power it separately from the car, I put some pictures after the procedure and a wiring diagram. I made a video with the FW update procedure. Because I noticed that the tablet heats up a lot, I mounted a 12V / DC fan, It has the size 70X70mm. and thickness 15 mm. It was from an old CPU cooler. It is fastened at the back with 4 screws as seen in the photo. I put a 40 Ohm series resistor. to reduce speed and noise. I hope that what I posted here will bring a little help to those interested.
    But maybe you're interested in my new free app:
    @Balti Lopez: I am returning mine, but I checked the settings. Go to Car Settings (you should have it too), then go to Common and there should be a Sleep option set to ON. You should turn that option to OFF.
    Hi, I have this same radio. I tried to connect it to the computer as I read here and I could not do it. What I would like to do is to root it and if I can put the TWRP RECOVERY. I have not been able to extract the boot.img from the firmware.bin. On the other hand, the "back" button has been deconfigured and now the action it does when I press it, is that I turn off the screen. Do you know how to fix it? I have used the "BUTTONS REMAPPER" application but I have not achieved anything.

Best Regards
    Did you try connect with Flash Tool after MTK driver installed? How did you understand that no connection? About buttons remap - consider should be enough to uninstall buttons remapper.
    What car do you have?
    Hi all, i have also purchase an android head unit for my car (fiat grande punto hatchback) that i think is a Junsun V1 Pro, the version is the 4gb/64gb but with android 11 (link to the headunit: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B09NZYHZZ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) with this system information:
    View attachment 5614147

HMI: XRCH.G6.D.Q.F.XIV.2021.10.27.10.30
    MCU: G6-TS.21818(H)
    MEDIA: HC_v2.0.0_210929_1600(v1.84)
    BTV: BT.21.09.16.1645
    and i also attach a screenshot of the rom build version and build name, but i can't find my cpu codename, so i want to ask you guys if you can be so kind to help me identify my head unit and if it is a junsun v1 / v1 pro like yours where can i find a firmware update?
    At the moment I'm very happy with it but I have a problem that I can't solve and that is a feature that I think is very important: during a bluetooth call i can hear my interlocutor but they can't hear me, i checked my internal and external microphone (and also the physical wiring) with a mic test app and they work, indeed if i try to use google assisat he recognizes my voice, i also checked the android permission for the bluetooth application and the codecs and bluetooth configuration (both devices are set as audio devices for both calls and multimedia audio) and i also tried with another smartphone but i have the same problem, so i think is a bug in the rom or in the bluetooth app... so i came here to ask for help.
    if someone could try to help me I would be really grateful.

Edit: i found out that my android head unit is label FF_866X and with some searching i found that the firmware should be the 8667Q , is it correct?
    I have the same problem with the Junsun V1Pro 8 Core 4Gb 64Gb with 8667 processor and 8667Q军灿UI02-国外-VHD720x1280_v12_20220214 rom from my wife's car. I have consulted the seller with the problem, but I am waiting for a solution.
    Instead, in my car I have a V1Pro 8 Core 4Gb 64Gb with 8259 processor and rom 8259P_军灿UI02v1280x720-国外11_v3_20220422, which works perfectly.
    I have seen that my wife's device has the Phone app installed, and if she calls through the sim inserted in the radio it works fine, it only fails with bluetooth calls, while mine does not have this app and it works correctly. I wanted to try uninstalling the phone app, but I'm afraid that later the radio won't work correctly when making or receiving calls.
    If you find the solution please let me know, I will do the same if I solve the microphone problem in bluetooth calls.
    Thank you