Junsun V1 Pro MTK8259 4GB + 64GB Android 10 headunit

Search This thread

skezza

Sep 29, 2007
It doesn't. When i launch Waze, the top bar goes away., Only comes back if i drag it from the top.
Not sure if its a bug, though. Personally i like it better this way, but it does vary from person to person.

Yep. Everything is great. I had a pretty old firmware (December of 2020) and flashed this new one with no issues. It works fantastic.
Any chance you could take some photos or a video of it working?

Is it running any faster? This device seems to run really slow in comparison to the PX6 or even the PX5 to be honest.

Neopaleo

May 21, 2021
Any chance you could take some photos or a video of it working?

Is it running any faster? This device seems to run really slow in comparison to the PX6 or even the PX5 to be honest.
Don't have pictures right now but I flashed the last firmware too. It is runnig well, but as you said, I also noticed the device runs quite slow in general. Didn't noticed any change here with the last firmware.

skezza

Sep 29, 2007
Don't have pictures right now but I flashed the last firmware too. It is runnig well, but as you said, I also noticed the device runs quite slow in general. Didn't noticed any change here with the last firmware.
That's a shame. It seems on paper the CPU should perform better than it does. In my experience, it performs like an old phone. Like an S4. My S7 which died last year was quicker. My PX5 was probably a little smidgen quicker and the PX6 blows it away, just before setting on fire and burning the car out.

Josete89

Dec 31, 2021
No, this is the latest firmware, just got it from the vendor 2 days ago, was dated 2021/12/01, iirc.

The latest firmware wipes the device, yes. Not sure if it wipes user data (songs), as I don't have any on mine.
I’ve recently got one Junsun v1 pro which had the version attached in the screenshot. I thought that one is more recent but seems is not the case I lost the AI assistant you can see in the picture. What is the preferred way to contact with Junsun? I’ve tried via email, Skype but not answer so far..

Attachments

• E2E5AB1A-D57A-495E-B8AB-C850F451286E.jpeg
    E2E5AB1A-D57A-495E-B8AB-C850F451286E.jpeg
    667.9 KB · Views: 236

Achilefs_k

Jul 9, 2016
If i press reset button with a needle it will just reboot or it will do factory reset and will erase everything?

orlincho

Jan 5, 2011
Hello,

some questions on this unit.
1. On Carplay users: do yo experience trouble connecting Carplay. For me for example connection success depends on many things:
  • is radio application active - Carplay does not connect
  • is unit connected to phone's WiFi - Carplay does not connect
  • was carplay connected once then deactivated from unit (car icon) - Carplay cannot be activated even if cable is reconnected.
2. On audio DSP - when DSP is active (sound is adjusted for driver seat) in my CAR it sounds MONO - does anyone other experience similar or it is just my car which has (high freq speakers placed in the centre console, just above the unit)?

3. Anyone that uses AGAMA launcher - probably i shall ask this in some AGAMA thread - were you able to connect AGAMA to Google maps /Waze properly to diplay simple navigation icons on AGAMA itself ?

Gizmo123

Dec 11, 2010
Belgrade
Hello. Couple of days of looking for an Android head unit lead me to Junsun V1 Pro 4GB+64GB model. Or how Aliexpress store now calls it Junsun V2 Pro for whatever the reason, it is the same model with an 8core MTK8259. https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005...o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.9.35f87f73iBcBUl .

So anyway, how are you guys liking it so far? Any slowdowns or bugs over time? For about 200 euros, i don't see if there is a better model out there, correct me if i'm wrong. One thing confuses me though, does it really support 4G Sim card? I see people writing it does not work.

Other thing, which reverse camera did you pair it with? That Junsun 480p 120 degree camera that they offer, does not sound too great. I was looking for something like 720p with 170 degrees from GreenYi, but dont know is it even compatible? They say that the head unit needs to support AHD to work, does the Junsun have that in the options? Thanks.

@Gizmo123
I have this device: Junsun V1Pro 4/64. Overall it's a nice device for ~200 Euro. There are some things that could be better, but I think that's true for all of these Chinese clones.

4G​

This is technically working. As far as I now there are 2 main problems with 4G. A lot of the SIM adapters are poorly soldered wit broken or bridged connections. Depending on your skills and adapter you can fix it yourself.
Another problem that I have is the missing IMEI numbers. Other people also had this problem. For me (in Germany) you can't connect to service without a valid IMEI. I'm in contact with the seller to fix this. I read that someone got a file from his seller and could fix it.

Rear Cam​

I only tried the 480p cam that came with my device. I also have a 720p (didn't know I get one for free), but didn't test yet. My device has a 720p display, but I'm not sure if the input supports so much. But the 480p picture looks descent enough for me.

Achilefs_k

Jul 9, 2016
@Gizmo123
I have this device: Junsun V1Pro 4/64. Overall it's a nice device for ~200 Euro. There are some things that could be better, but I think that's true for all of these Chinese clones.

4G​

This is technically working. As far as I now there are 2 main problems with 4G. A lot of the SIM adapters are poorly soldered wit broken or bridged connections. Depending on your skills and adapter you can fix it yourself.
Another problem that I have is the missing IMEI numbers. Other people also had this problem. For me (in Germany) you can't connect to service without a valid IMEI. I'm in contact with the seller to fix this. I read that someone got a file from his seller and could fix it.

Rear Cam​

I only tried the 480p cam that came with my device. I also have a 720p (didn't know I get one for free), but didn't test yet. My device has a 720p display, but I'm not sure if the input supports so much. But the 480p picture looks descent enough for me.
I have also problem with 2 sim Adaptors.the one tha came with the unit and one more they send me later when i told them i have problem Everything seems to be connected properly in both adaptors but the unit can not "see" sim card. I don't know how to fix it. How can i check if wires are properly connected?

@Achilefs_k
I can't find the thread with the picture of a disassembled SIM adapter. They come in various forms and variations. You would need to open the adapter and check the soldering of the cables. They are made really poorly sometimes and there can be shorts between the cables.

I saw that one page back you already posted a picture of your SIM adapter. Did you check the connections of the cable? Can you post a picture?

Achilefs_k

Jul 9, 2016
@Achilefs_k
I can't find the thread with the picture of a disassembled SIM adapter. They come in various forms and variations. You would need to open the adapter and check the soldering of the cables. They are made really poorly sometimes and there can be shorts between the cables.

I saw that one page back you already posted a picture of your SIM adapter. Did you check the connections of the cable? Can you post a picture?

Attachments

• 20220110_180037.jpg
    20220110_180037.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • 20220110_175717.jpg
    20220110_175717.jpg
    945.1 KB · Views: 44
They don't look very good. Ca you solder yourself or do you know someone who could resolder them for you? At least this would help to make sure its not the cable connection.
Otherwise test that the 5 cables are not connected to each other with a multimeter for example. One pin shpuldn't be connected, the one in the middle opposite of the cables.

Achilefs_k

Jul 9, 2016
@mopfi The pin you say as I wrote one Page back is not connected.
I will try to resolder them but how will i know each cable where must be soldered. Eg the white cable is soldered at right end. I must soldered them with the same order?

Last edited:
That's the big question, are the cables in the correct order? First I would try to solder them in the same order they are now. If it's still not working, you would need to check which cable is which. For that you need to know where each color is connected on the plug and get the correct pin out for that plug.

AlbertoBmwe90

Nov 30, 2021
It seems that it follows the same order of colors, this is the photo that I sent to the seller, before soldering the cables again. Now it works perfectly for me and the seller activated an app that interested me and I did not pay for it to compensate for the inconvenience

Attachments

• descarga.png
    descarga.png
    21.2 MB · Views: 42

Achilefs_k

Jul 9, 2016
It seems that it follows the same order of colors, this is the photo that I sent to the seller, before soldering the cables again. Now it works perfectly for me and the seller activated an app that interested me and I did not pay for it to compensate for the inconvenience
You unsoldered and then soldered cables in the same order as they were before? And what app did the seller activate?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But maybe you're interested in my new free app:
    What changes does this firmware have?
    Looks exactly the same, but it sorted the problems I was having as listed before. Can now use the stock apps (radio) etc. with Agama although I am not sure if this was the case with older firmware or not
    I guess they are.how can i check it?
    Just visually really , if they're all straight and the connector block fits nicely then probably the only way it can be sorted is returning it for repair. However as you said before the cost and time it takes are bad. I'm just wondering if a local electronics repair shop could help? Might be worth a try.
    Has anyone been able to use Google assistant with Junsun v1pro 4G 4g/64g ??? I can launch it, it even listens and responds as usual, but there is no sound comming from the speakers, like if the sound output was not routed correctly. I can use it, but I hear no response....
    I also have this problem ... but I noticed that if I close the radio application before interrogating the assistant the assistant's voice is also heard when he answers
    Has anyone been able to use Google assistant with Junsun v1pro 4G 4g/64g ??? I can launch it, it even listens and responds as usual, but there is no sound comming from the speakers, like if the sound output was not routed correctly. I can use it, but I hear no response....
    hello!
    I had the same problem, the assistant did not answer me by voice and the searches were all done through the browser. In my case, it has been solved by entering the Play Store and downloading the Google Assistant App. Once downloaded, the searches are no longer through the browser and it responds correctly by voice.
    Firmware installed in meantime?
    Today I applied the Firmware Stock update procedure. The procedure was successful and the tablet works ok. It remains to put it back in the car and see how it behaves in tests. This was possible for the two users who thank them once again: djborsi and TorstenH. I removed the tablet from the car and made the connections to be able to work with a + 12V DC / 220v power supply. For those who want to power it separately from the car, I put some pictures after the procedure and a wiring diagram. I made a video with the FW update procedure. Because I noticed that the tablet heats up a lot, I mounted a 12V / DC fan, It has the size 70X70mm. and thickness 15 mm. It was from an old CPU cooler. It is fastened at the back with 4 screws as seen in the photo. I put a 40 Ohm series resistor. to reduce speed and noise. I hope that what I posted here will bring a little help to those interested.
    But maybe you're interested in my new free app:
    @Balti Lopez: I am returning mine, but I checked the settings. Go to Car Settings (you should have it too), then go to Common and there should be a Sleep option set to ON. You should turn that option to OFF.
    Hi, I have this same radio. I tried to connect it to the computer as I read here and I could not do it. What I would like to do is to root it and if I can put the TWRP RECOVERY. I have not been able to extract the boot.img from the firmware.bin. On the other hand, the "back" button has been deconfigured and now the action it does when I press it, is that I turn off the screen. Do you know how to fix it? I have used the "BUTTONS REMAPPER" application but I have not achieved anything.

Best Regards
    Did you try connect with Flash Tool after MTK driver installed? How did you understand that no connection? About buttons remap - consider should be enough to uninstall buttons remapper.
    What car do you have?
    Hi all, i have also purchase an android head unit for my car (fiat grande punto hatchback) that i think is a Junsun V1 Pro, the version is the 4gb/64gb but with android 11 (link to the headunit: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B09NZYHZZ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) with this system information:
    View attachment 5614147

HMI: XRCH.G6.D.Q.F.XIV.2021.10.27.10.30
    MCU: G6-TS.21818(H)
    MEDIA: HC_v2.0.0_210929_1600(v1.84)
    BTV: BT.21.09.16.1645
    and i also attach a screenshot of the rom build version and build name, but i can't find my cpu codename, so i want to ask you guys if you can be so kind to help me identify my head unit and if it is a junsun v1 / v1 pro like yours where can i find a firmware update?
    At the moment I'm very happy with it but I have a problem that I can't solve and that is a feature that I think is very important: during a bluetooth call i can hear my interlocutor but they can't hear me, i checked my internal and external microphone (and also the physical wiring) with a mic test app and they work, indeed if i try to use google assisat he recognizes my voice, i also checked the android permission for the bluetooth application and the codecs and bluetooth configuration (both devices are set as audio devices for both calls and multimedia audio) and i also tried with another smartphone but i have the same problem, so i think is a bug in the rom or in the bluetooth app... so i came here to ask for help.
    if someone could try to help me I would be really grateful.

Edit: i found out that my android head unit is label FF_866X and with some searching i found that the firmware should be the 8667Q , is it correct?
    I have the same problem with the Junsun V1Pro 8 Core 4Gb 64Gb with 8667 processor and 8667Q军灿UI02-国外-VHD720x1280_v12_20220214 rom from my wife's car. I have consulted the seller with the problem, but I am waiting for a solution.
    Instead, in my car I have a V1Pro 8 Core 4Gb 64Gb with 8259 processor and rom 8259P_军灿UI02v1280x720-国外11_v3_20220422, which works perfectly.
    I have seen that my wife's device has the Phone app installed, and if she calls through the sim inserted in the radio it works fine, it only fails with bluetooth calls, while mine does not have this app and it works correctly. I wanted to try uninstalling the phone app, but I'm afraid that later the radio won't work correctly when making or receiving calls.
    If you find the solution please let me know, I will do the same if I solve the microphone problem in bluetooth calls.
    Thank you