Junsun V1 Pro MTK8259 4GB + 64GB Android 10 headunit

Search This thread

Greenfield15

May 7, 2022
Sim cable seems ok.they ask me to send unit back for repair but i didn't accept it
yeah they look ok, no bridging on the solder at the SIM end. Why not send it back for repair? Okay so it will take some time but at least you get a working unit (hopefully). Personally I would just use my phone as a Wi FI hotspot and connect using the radio Wi Fi. Sorry I can't be of any help.

stefanos21

Jun 20, 2016
yeah they look ok, no bridging on the solder at the SIM end. Why not send it back for repair? Okay so it will take some time but at least you get a working unit (hopefully). Personally I would just use my phone as a Wi FI hotspot and connect using the radio Wi Fi. Sorry I can't be of any help.
Its not only the time it will take to send it and have it back.is the cost too...
that is what i am doing.I have my previous phone as a wifi hot spot

stefanos21

Jun 20, 2016
I had the same problem, it was a loose cable in the SIM module connector. Have a look at this video as it explains what my problem was. My SIM is fine now, but just like you the unit couldn't "see" it. The red wire kept coming out every time I pushed the connector into the socket on the radio. Someone else mentioned the soldering at the SIM holder end of the cable so it may be worth checking that out as well, as you can see from the video I took the case off the SIM holder to visually check it. The SIM holder case comes apart easily enough.
Good luck .
What do tou mean loose cable?i was just moving in and out but stay in its position or in was coming completely out?

Greenfield15

May 7, 2022
What do tou mean loose cable?i was just moving in and out but stay in its position or in was coming completely out?
Sorry, I said cable, it was actually one of the wires that go into the small white connector of the SIM cable. I only noticed it when the unit "saw" the SIM for a few seconds after I touched the connector block whilst it was plugged into the unit. It was the red wire that is shown in the video. It was pushing out when I pressed the connector block into the socket. I got the pin out of the connector and moved the little retainer lip so that it gripped in the socket when inserted, this has solved my problem but as you've had 3 cables I don't think that's your problem. I would be looking at the pins inside the socket that the SIM cable plugs into and ensure that they are all present and straight . Cheers

stefanos21

Jun 20, 2016
Sorry, I said cable, it was actually one of the wires that go into the small white connector of the SIM cable. I only noticed it when the unit "saw" the SIM for a few seconds after I touched the connector block whilst it was plugged into the unit. It was the red wire that is shown in the video. It was pushing out when I pressed the connector block into the socket. I got the pin out of the connector and moved the little retainer lip so that it gripped in the socket when inserted, this has solved my problem but as you've had 3 cables I don't think that's your problem. I would be looking at the pins inside the socket that the SIM cable plugs into and ensure that they are all present and straight . Cheers
Some of the wires that end to the white connector are a bit loose but you can not take them off completely.only moving a bit

MagnifyShay

Mar 14, 2022
Hey, i don't know if you know what cause my problem, but 99% of the time when I am using CarPlay it works perfectly except for one thing : when Siri talk / read a message or a notification the audio quality of Siri voice is really bad (and it's the same when i call someone, the voice from the one that i talk to is really bad in term of audio quality.

I don’t know why, especially that the music in the background is still played with a good audio quality :/

(I've tried with IOS 15, 15.2 and 15.4 and it does the same problem)

Thanks in advance :/

MagnifyShay

Mar 14, 2022
Hello, Do you know if there is a thread for Junsun V1 Pro 8+128gb ? I am trying to find software update for my head unit :/

Greenfield15

May 7, 2022
Last edited:

JoTaSu

May 12, 2022
Hi, here's the link, I got this from Junsun, looks like it's February 2022 release and if it's similar to my version firmware it should run well, let me know how you get on, cheers

Hi, this firmware works for all Junsun V1Pro models, I have one for Volkswagen 4Gb 64Gb, but I don't know the processor model it has, do I need to know something about the model before updating?

Thanks,

JoTaSu

May 12, 2022
Hello!

I would like to ask a question to people who have the Junsun V1Pro, I specifically have 2 teams (the 2 model 4Gb 64Gb), one for Vw Golf V, with the firmware that I specify below, which works very slow, instead I have another for Chevrolet Aveo with the same characteristics and different firmware that works very fast (the firmware are those that came from origin in the two cases).

Can the slowness problem be in the firmware of the Volkswagen Golf equipment? Does anyone else have the same problem? Has anyone solved the slowness problem?

On the other hand, my equipment does not have the VW home logo, in the configuration brings many brands, but not Volkswagen, can someone tell me the specifications of the image (format, dimensions, etc.) and the location where I should place it to put it myself.

Thanks

Firmware Volkswagen Golf V:
HMI: JC.G5.D.Q.F.02.2021.12.07.14.30
MCU: TS-G5.201021(H)
MEDIA: HC_v2.0.0_211018_1630(v1.84)
CAN: VW-RZ-08-0029-B1
BTV: BT.21.12.01.1100

Firmware Chevrolet Aveo:
HMI: TSKJ.G6.D.Q.F.JC.2022.02.14.09.00
MCU:G6-TS-210818(VHD-SAT-9707)
MEDIA:HC_v2.0.0_210812_1030(v.1.84)
BTV: BT.21.12.22.1045

Greenfield15

May 7, 2022
Hello!

I would like to ask a question to people who have the Junsun V1Pro, I specifically have 2 teams (the 2 model 4Gb 64Gb), one for Vw Golf V, with the firmware that I specify below, which works very slow, instead I have another for Chevrolet Aveo with the same characteristics and different firmware that works very fast (the firmware are those that came from origin in the two cases).

Can the slowness problem be in the firmware of the Volkswagen Golf equipment? Does anyone else have the same problem? Has anyone solved the slowness problem?

On the other hand, my equipment does not have the VW home logo, in the configuration brings many brands, but not Volkswagen, can someone tell me the specifications of the image (format, dimensions, etc.) and the location where I should place it to put it myself.

Thanks

Firmware Volkswagen Golf V:
HMI: JC.G5.D.Q.F.02.2021.12.07.14.30
MCU: TS-G5.201021(H)
MEDIA: HC_v2.0.0_211018_1630(v1.84)
CAN: VW-RZ-08-0029-B1
BTV: BT.21.12.01.1100

Firmware Chevrolet Aveo:
HMI: TSKJ.G6.D.Q.F.JC.2022.02.14.09.00
MCU:G6-TS-210818(VHD-SAT-9707)
MEDIA:HC_v2.0.0_210812_1030(v.1.84)
BTV: BT.21.12.22.1045

Greenfield15

May 7, 2022
If you have two 4Gb 64Gb versions of the Junsun V1 Pro, then this is the latest firmware

However I installed this and it did fix 3 problems I was having but it seems a little slower but not much and is very useable. What I would do is install the firmware version you have on the Aveo on to the Golf as well. If the one in the Golf runs faster and you re happy then leave things as they are. If not you could then install the firmware version I have pasted in above on the Golf and see what you think. Let me know how you get on should you decide to do it. Cheers

Wayne D

Mar 19, 2014
Kwinana
Hi all,
I purchased the 4GB 64GB 3 months ago and apart from a couple of hiccups caused by the language barriers I will say that this unit isn't to bad and was at a great price compared to the Chinese replacement I've used in the past.
Junsun stated to me that front cameras do not work. however I have easily implemented/installed one that works quite well and even have a lane assist feature.
Some on the CAN features and other adjustments like the aircon don't seem to work but I've got the manual switches and it shows up on the screen anyway. Some CAN issues Junsun has helped with successfully.
I'm sure as time goes by that there will be important and not so important updates and if not a newer better system.
To be honest I'm just so damn happy to have an awesome 9inch screen, no lagging, great music player, great GPS. A past Chinese replacement was really bad, small screen, lagged, poor internet, poor jumpy music and would freeze up when using more than 2 apps at a time, very frustrating and expensive at $800+ compared to Junsuns at $299, big screen, big RAM and big memory.I look forward to Junsuns next offer for my car.
Cheers,
Wayne D
Meekatharra
Western Australia

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I have 6/128 androidnBMW unit, i was wondering is it possible configure sleep mode?

When i go into settings, common and enable "sleep mode" , it seems unit never shuts down. Is it supposed to work like that?
    When i disable "sleep mode", cold boot happens on every ignition.
    Would be nice if sleep mode would work for e.g. 15min and then turn off...
    Enabling sleep mode will keep your head unit a few days in sleep mode (~3 days) before it shuts down.

Disabling sleep mode disables sleep mode and so it shuts down every time you turn off ignition.

There is no option available to change this behavior.
    Sorry i don't understand what you mean but i added nothing
    Where can i find latest firmware?
    For Junsun V1 pro:

Post in thread 'Junsun V1 Pro (MTK8259/MTK8257) - firmware' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/junsun-v1-pro-mtk8259-mtk8257-firmware.4283365/post-87146423
    Can someone tell me how to change the icons on the front menue ?
    Right now I have Radio, running car (Speed) etc.
    Also : How can I tell the system to startautomaticially to a app (i.e DAB+ or Navigation) ?
    The stock launcher is garbage and you can't change that things. Regarding autostart launchers like Agama can do that. Please have a look on...
    Hi,
    Does anybody know what is the package name of bluetooth music?
    It is actually part of the bluetooh app itself, but on homeoage (stock launcher) i am able to start bt music directly (there is a shortcut).
    Want to do the same with tasker, but bt music not listed as individual app in tasker list of apps, just bluetooth is there.
    Thanks
    Thank you so much!
    I will try this today.

Does anybody know how to set media volume to max and save it permanently ?
    After reboot it always comes back to value of 20 (out of 30).
    Is there anything in 8878 menu that can configure this?

I tried using tasker, but "media volume" task (Also tried "system volume") in tasker does not increase media volume on HU.
    Yes, there are volume settings in 8878 and maybe in setting with code 8877, too.
    Are there any other codes except 8888,8878,8877 to try?
    Use at your own risk !!!!

8888 - restricted settings menu
    8878 - full settings menu. Mostly what you're looking for.
    Additional info can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/junsun-v1-factory-settings.4282295/
    1111 - load monitoring
    0 - update (mcuupdate_num)
    1 - some menu (csudy_num)
    2 - barcode
    3 - another barcode 8938003992756585897
    4 - reboot
    5 - color setting
    6 - set a new random Bluetooth name
    7 -
    8 - gis whitelist reset
    9 - system notification: device activated (in Chinese)
    0129 - CAN DATA
    5555 - save settings
    1912 - factory setup
    1812 - shop setup
    12345678 - update_apk update MainUI
    3699 - update_apk2
    5699 - update_apk3
    7788 - atc_log (engineering menu of the 4G modem)
    8877 - atc_factory
    Menu for changing the cutoff (filter) frequencies for the sub and line outputs (relevant for those who use external amplification):
    Code 8877 ---> Audio ---> Scroll to Sound Effect ---> Bass (or Alto (Middle), Treble).
    And also there is a setting and the ability to completely disable Loudness.
    USB mode can be changed here if required, too.
    7758258 - obligatory mode !! do not enter !!! Complete crap going on
    5678 - changing the menu code logo
    3234 - apk_install_pwd
    Alternatively (untested!) restore the engineering menu settings to the factory settings.
    2134 - appinfo_id_num
    6666 - install_id_num
    7777 - install2_id_num
    1616 - display_id_num brightness
    2064 - testmode_id_num
    1414 - reboot_id_num
    9191 - destroy_id_root_num
    9090 - destroy_id_num
    1313 - radio_reset_num
    1101 - screenshot_num
    4321 - filedelete_num
    1234 - filecopy_num
    Firmware installed in meantime?
    Today I applied the Firmware Stock update procedure. The procedure was successful and the tablet works ok. It remains to put it back in the car and see how it behaves in tests. This was possible for the two users who thank them once again: djborsi and TorstenH. I removed the tablet from the car and made the connections to be able to work with a + 12V DC / 220v power supply. For those who want to power it separately from the car, I put some pictures after the procedure and a wiring diagram. I made a video with the FW update procedure. Because I noticed that the tablet heats up a lot, I mounted a 12V / DC fan, It has the size 70X70mm. and thickness 15 mm. It was from an old CPU cooler. It is fastened at the back with 4 screws as seen in the photo. I put a 40 Ohm series resistor. to reduce speed and noise. I hope that what I posted here will bring a little help to those interested.
    But maybe you're interested in my new free app:
    Your help is highly appreciated, thank you so much! You have helped me with both challenges.

I can confirm in the 8878 menu, under audio there is media volume that sets and stores default value user wants.

Also, if anybody wants to start bluetooth music via tasker, in app launch package should be set as com.ts.MainUI/com.ts.bt.BtMusicActivity

One more question: Is there possibility to change boot animation (splash screen)?

I know there is option for ksw units like this
    but i did not manage to do it for junsun.
    Hi, I have this same radio. I tried to connect it to the computer as I read here and I could not do it. What I would like to do is to root it and if I can put the TWRP RECOVERY. I have not been able to extract the boot.img from the firmware.bin. On the other hand, the "back" button has been deconfigured and now the action it does when I press it, is that I turn off the screen. Do you know how to fix it? I have used the "BUTTONS REMAPPER" application but I have not achieved anything.

Best Regards
    Did you try connect with Flash Tool after MTK driver installed? How did you understand that no connection? About buttons remap - consider should be enough to uninstall buttons remapper.
    What car do you have?