Junsun V1 Pro MTK8259 4GB + 64GB Android 10 headunit

Search This thread

Coconut_Drift

Apr 11, 2022
Anyone figure out how to get the radio working with fcc launcher. Or figured out how to intercept the "mode" steering wheel button functionality? Would love to be able to remap it or at least add third party apps to the rotation.

FakeMozz

May 20, 2022
Hi guys

I just purchased A Junsun v1 pro 8gb+126gb With UI 3.0 for my 2005 touareg
Everything is working quite nicely but the sound qualit is weird i do have really low bass .. I tried to play with the equalizer and so but its getting worse

My car have 10 LoudSpeakers and no external amp

Sound is coming clear from every Speaker

I had much more bass with the oem head unit as i had too much if the bass was set to max

Also

I can't find the VW boot logo ?? Is there a way to import manually some logos ?

Thanks

hurjup

Sep 29, 2021
by the way, there is no reason for you to root the headunit, you will get no real advantage.... just do not bother and risk bricking your unit.
Thank you very much for your answers, problems A) and E) are resolved.

For F) (iGO, offline navigation) I prefer Navitel, but according the product page
"
Junsun has pre-installed offline maps and is permanently free to update
>>About map update:if you want to update the map, please contact us, we will upload it to the "Drop box", please do not download in other places, otherwise it will damage the original map. Update map time : once a year
"
So I've just contacted support, we'll see.

As for the GPS issue: the case is not that the GPS module drops satellites, but android drops the GPS module itself. I think at least, and this is the reason for seeking logs and software reboot and GPS restart solutions.
For software reboot rooting looks inevitable. Lots of risk for marginal benefit, so I'll just leave it.

FakeMozz

May 20, 2022
Hi guys

I just purchased A Junsun v1 pro 8gb+126gb With UI 3.0 for my 2005 touareg
Everything is working quite nicely but the sound qualit is weird i do have really low bass .. I tried to play with the equalizer and so but its getting worse

My car have 10 LoudSpeakers and no external amp

Sound is coming clear from every Speaker

I had much more bass with the oem head unit as i had too much if the bass was set to max

Also

I can't find the VW boot logo ?? Is there a way to import manually some logos ?

Thanks
Im auto replying just solved my bass issue with this firmware from 10th may for 8gb+128gb and 8667Q CPU

8667Q军灿UI02-国外-VHD720x1280_v13_20220510.zip

Reactions: zachariostevens

FakeMozz

May 20, 2022
But now another issue

The playstore won't let me connect to google server

Its stuck on Checking info and then proceed to a screen with "an error occured to connect to google server"

Thanks

rov3rrepo

Jan 8, 2022
Hi guys!

After using ~6 months the 4GB+64GB PRO version I'm pretty happy with it, but I couldn't say it is perfect at all.
I face some problems with it, and I'm curious whether it is just my luck or are they general. I'd appreciate any feedback or way of fixing if applicable.
BTW the problems seem to be FW independent, currently I use 8259P_军灿UI02v1280x720-国外11_v1_20220323.zip and it only shows minor design changes and for example hides search option under android settings, but made no perceptible functionality or stability improvement. I use the default launcher btw, did not root it yet.

So the problems I worry about, and related questions:
A) "start the last used media app automatically" - it is very annoying, is there a way to stop doing so? Do I need to install another launcher for that?
B) GPS. It often fails to start, but in seldom cases it stops mid-drive. It's not about finding satellites; the sole cooperation between android and the gps module does stop. (Without root) I'm sure I can't even stop and restart GPS. Is there a simple way to get logs what actually happens?
C) Wired AutoLink connection is unstable. It often drops connection and reconnecting is tiresome and sometimes neither possible. Tried with two cables and two phones. Is there a way to get logs at least?
D) Wireless AutoLink never worked for me, though there is an option for that in its settings. Looking up the product page there is now an updated picture stating the 4/64 model supports only wired carplay / android auto.
E) Is there a working software reboot solution without root? And with root? (I wasn't yet brave enough to try out what the reset microswitch does.)
F) iGO map updates. In theory one can request yearly one update, but never tried. Any experience? Is it personalized? It's been more than a decade ago when I dug into iGO and installed maps, POIs and stuff.

Thank you in advance!

Assuming you have the 4G version of this head unit. My unit had AutoLink hidden but I was able to enable it in the "engineering" settings (accessible by 8878). The problem then became that AutoLink requires an activation license for Wireless CarPlay. I was able to purchase the license by changing my region to France and adding a fake address in France. Nothing is shipped, it is all digital, so address does not matter. Try purchasing a license and putting that into AutoLink and see if it activates wireless CarPlay/Android Auto. Make sure you get the CarPlay license if that is what you need. Android Auto does not work if CarPlay license is activated. Vice versa.

rov3rrepo

Jan 8, 2022
I'm having two issues with my Junsun Pro V1 4G 825X 6GB/128GB. It won't save apps that I save to the launcher. I'm using the BMW CIC version and if I select an app for it to keep on the Navigation, Music, Bluetooth main screen, it will forget it when the unit powers off. Any way to make these changes persist?

Also having an issue with Wireless CarPlay phone calls. I can't hear the other person but they can hear me through the microphone.

hurjup

Sep 29, 2021
Assuming you have the 4G version of this head unit. My unit had AutoLink hidden but I was able to enable it in the "engineering" settings (accessible by 8878). The problem then became that AutoLink requires an activation license for Wireless CarPlay. I was able to purchase the license by changing my region to France and adding a fake address in France. Nothing is shipped, it is all digital, so address does not matter. Try purchasing a license and putting that into AutoLink and see if it activates wireless CarPlay/Android Auto. Make sure you get the CarPlay license if that is what you need. Android Auto does not work if CarPlay license is activated. Vice versa.

I've received somehow a bonus Android Auto so activation wasn't really a problem.
Also, just yesterday evening I did exhaustive testing and found out that the reason behind my stability problems is the cable. More particularly two cables, which I've been testing with earlier. A third one seems to be working just nice. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: rov3rrepo

JoTaSu

May 12, 2022
So that the radio does not start every time, you have to activate the sleep mode on the radio, to do this you have to go to the configuration, within settings, car infotainment and here in about the device, in the gear wheel that appears enter with the code 8878, and in the first option activate sleep mode.
(Sorry for my English, it is translated with google translator.)

orlincho

Jan 5, 2011
B) GPS. It often fails to start, but in seldom cases it stops mid-drive. It's not about finding satellites; the sole cooperation between android and the gps module does stop. (Without root) I'm sure I can't even stop and restart GPS. Is there a simple way to get logs what actually happens?

Thank you in advance!

Well mine has soldering issues inside antenna. I've disassembled GPS box (broke the glued parts) re-soldered cable to the PCB and glued again. Initial behavior was same. Intermittent disconnections leading to GPS signal drop. Now working ok.

orlincho

Jan 5, 2011
Some questions and some answers for some.

Using Junsun V1Pro (4GB+64GB) for more than 6 months.

1. RESOLVED: Major issue was poor BT microphone quality. - Solved by reading here in XDA forums, attaching external microphone and most important - unsoldering internal microphone (separate board under the buttons connected with 6line flex cable to main board). Quality gone from 2/10 to 8/10.

2. Wired CarPlay - working again intermittent after several connection/disconnections of the cable to phone. sometimes works straight from the beginning. Probably will purchase CarLinkKit v2 to get CarPlay fully wireless. As also charging on this USB was pathetic.

3.AGAMA launcher - launcher cannot see "Phone Link" that starts CarPlay, neither as internal application like Radio nor like external app - like Waze.

4. Camera - using some cheap camera which I'd like to replace with something wider and with greater resolution. Does this head-unit supports AHD cameras and how to configure it ?

5. RESOLVED: GPS disconnections - resolved by disassembly of the GPS box and soldering cable again.

hurjup

Sep 29, 2021
Some questions and some answers for some.

Using Junsun V1Pro (4GB+64GB) for more than 6 months.

1. RESOLVED: Major issue was poor BT microphone quality. - Solved by reading here in XDA forums, attaching external microphone and most important - unsoldering internal microphone (separate board under the buttons connected with 6line flex cable to main board). Quality gone from 2/10 to 8/10.

2. Wired CarPlay - working again intermittent after several connection/disconnections of the cable to phone. sometimes works straight from the beginning. Probably will purchase CarLinkKit v2 to get CarPlay fully wireless. As also charging on this USB was pathetic.

3.AGAMA launcher - launcher cannot see "Phone Link" that starts CarPlay, neither as internal application like Radio nor like external app - like Waze.

4. Camera - using some cheap camera which I'd like to replace with something wider and with greater resolution. Does this head-unit supports AHD cameras and how to configure it ?

5. RESOLVED: GPS disconnections - resolved by disassembly of the GPS box and soldering cable again.

Do you have any recommendation / aspect to choose the particular external microphone? Or maybe a link for that particular topic you mentioned?
I still hope that the latest FW update will fix my GPS problems. If not I'll crack it open and have a look at the solders. Thank you for the hint.

hackras

Mar 12, 2014
Slovakia
Has any one come accross a problem with reversing camera where the image from camera is B/W ??? I bought a new AHD/CVBS 720p reversing camera, installed it, everyting works, but the image has no color.... I suppose it is a problem with PAL/NTSC, but for the love of god I cannot find the corresponding setting... Thank you

orlincho

Jan 5, 2011
Do you have any recommendation / aspect to choose the particular external microphone? Or maybe a link for that particular topic you mentioned?
I still hope that the latest FW update will fix my GPS problems. If not I'll crack it open and have a look at the solders. Thank you for the hint.
No recommendations I've tried two different ones that are both Chinese, one came with the unit one purchased separately. one has double resistance than other and both work fine when tested no significant difference for the other party.

About GPS. I've installed a small app "GPS tester" or something like that that shows current satellite info and tried to pull/push cable where it enters GPS box. Interestingly in my case when pulled connection was OK while when left alone satellites were lost.

stefanos21

Jun 20, 2016
So that the radio does not start every time, you have to activate the sleep mode on the radio, to do this you have to go to the configuration, within settings, car infotainment and here in about the device, in the gear wheel that appears enter with the code 8878, and in the first option activate sleep mode.
(Sorry for my English, it is translated with google translator.)
Sleep mode was already activated but it still shows car and android logo each time i turn on the engine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I have 6/128 androidnBMW unit, i was wondering is it possible configure sleep mode?

When i go into settings, common and enable "sleep mode" , it seems unit never shuts down. Is it supposed to work like that?
    When i disable "sleep mode", cold boot happens on every ignition.
    Would be nice if sleep mode would work for e.g. 15min and then turn off...
    Enabling sleep mode will keep your head unit a few days in sleep mode (~3 days) before it shuts down.

Disabling sleep mode disables sleep mode and so it shuts down every time you turn off ignition.

There is no option available to change this behavior.
    Sorry i don't understand what you mean but i added nothing
    Where can i find latest firmware?
    For Junsun V1 pro:

Post in thread 'Junsun V1 Pro (MTK8259/MTK8257) - firmware' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/junsun-v1-pro-mtk8259-mtk8257-firmware.4283365/post-87146423
    Can someone tell me how to change the icons on the front menue ?
    Right now I have Radio, running car (Speed) etc.
    Also : How can I tell the system to startautomaticially to a app (i.e DAB+ or Navigation) ?
    The stock launcher is garbage and you can't change that things. Regarding autostart launchers like Agama can do that. Please have a look on...
    Hi,
    Does anybody know what is the package name of bluetooth music?
    It is actually part of the bluetooh app itself, but on homeoage (stock launcher) i am able to start bt music directly (there is a shortcut).
    Want to do the same with tasker, but bt music not listed as individual app in tasker list of apps, just bluetooth is there.
    Thanks
    Thank you so much!
    I will try this today.

Does anybody know how to set media volume to max and save it permanently ?
    After reboot it always comes back to value of 20 (out of 30).
    Is there anything in 8878 menu that can configure this?

I tried using tasker, but "media volume" task (Also tried "system volume") in tasker does not increase media volume on HU.
    Yes, there are volume settings in 8878 and maybe in setting with code 8877, too.
    Are there any other codes except 8888,8878,8877 to try?
    Use at your own risk !!!!

8888 - restricted settings menu
    8878 - full settings menu. Mostly what you're looking for.
    Additional info can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/junsun-v1-factory-settings.4282295/
    1111 - load monitoring
    0 - update (mcuupdate_num)
    1 - some menu (csudy_num)
    2 - barcode
    3 - another barcode 8938003992756585897
    4 - reboot
    5 - color setting
    6 - set a new random Bluetooth name
    7 -
    8 - gis whitelist reset
    9 - system notification: device activated (in Chinese)
    0129 - CAN DATA
    5555 - save settings
    1912 - factory setup
    1812 - shop setup
    12345678 - update_apk update MainUI
    3699 - update_apk2
    5699 - update_apk3
    7788 - atc_log (engineering menu of the 4G modem)
    8877 - atc_factory
    Menu for changing the cutoff (filter) frequencies for the sub and line outputs (relevant for those who use external amplification):
    Code 8877 ---> Audio ---> Scroll to Sound Effect ---> Bass (or Alto (Middle), Treble).
    And also there is a setting and the ability to completely disable Loudness.
    USB mode can be changed here if required, too.
    7758258 - obligatory mode !! do not enter !!! Complete crap going on
    5678 - changing the menu code logo
    3234 - apk_install_pwd
    Alternatively (untested!) restore the engineering menu settings to the factory settings.
    2134 - appinfo_id_num
    6666 - install_id_num
    7777 - install2_id_num
    1616 - display_id_num brightness
    2064 - testmode_id_num
    1414 - reboot_id_num
    9191 - destroy_id_root_num
    9090 - destroy_id_num
    1313 - radio_reset_num
    1101 - screenshot_num
    4321 - filedelete_num
    1234 - filecopy_num
    Firmware installed in meantime?
    Today I applied the Firmware Stock update procedure. The procedure was successful and the tablet works ok. It remains to put it back in the car and see how it behaves in tests. This was possible for the two users who thank them once again: djborsi and TorstenH. I removed the tablet from the car and made the connections to be able to work with a + 12V DC / 220v power supply. For those who want to power it separately from the car, I put some pictures after the procedure and a wiring diagram. I made a video with the FW update procedure. Because I noticed that the tablet heats up a lot, I mounted a 12V / DC fan, It has the size 70X70mm. and thickness 15 mm. It was from an old CPU cooler. It is fastened at the back with 4 screws as seen in the photo. I put a 40 Ohm series resistor. to reduce speed and noise. I hope that what I posted here will bring a little help to those interested.
    But maybe you're interested in my new free app:
    Anyone got the latest maps for this? I asked seller and they sent me a link to a 7GB file on mega.nz. I can't download this as I don't have a paid account with mega.nz, so download stops after 5GB.
    Hi, I have this same radio. I tried to connect it to the computer as I read here and I could not do it. What I would like to do is to root it and if I can put the TWRP RECOVERY. I have not been able to extract the boot.img from the firmware.bin. On the other hand, the "back" button has been deconfigured and now the action it does when I press it, is that I turn off the screen. Do you know how to fix it? I have used the "BUTTONS REMAPPER" application but I have not achieved anything.

Best Regards
    Did you try connect with Flash Tool after MTK driver installed? How did you understand that no connection? About buttons remap - consider should be enough to uninstall buttons remapper.
    What car do you have?