Junsun V1 Pro MTK8259 4GB + 64GB Android 10 headunit

Search This thread

Ayjob

Jun 12, 2022
Hi Guys, hoping for some help as it seems hard to get good help from the resellers with these units 🤷‍♂️
I know reverse cam is a freq issue, but please bear with me...

I've got a Toyota Rav4 2018 Hybrid with a 360 cam system orginally with a ToyotaTouch2GoPLus.
That is with 1 reverse cam, 1 front, and 1 under each side mirror.
Original reverse cam view is like this:
View attachment 5587701

Now I've bought and installed a V1Pro unit and it works perfectly with Steering Wheel controls, Navigation, Parking Radar, Rear traffic alert etc.
The only thing not working is the camera 🥺
I've tried all settings under the Video-menu, some produces lines like interference and some just black picture.
View attachment 5587715
View attachment 5587709
if enabled the radar and guide lines are working great.

The reseller is saying they have supplied the correct adapters and cables.
But I've noticed that there are 2 additional pins on the cars camera cable that are not enabled on the adapter supplied with the V1Pro:
View attachment 5587711
Don't know if this perhaps might be the issue here or if there are settings that are wrong in the V1Pro...?
Or maybe the camera needs additional power or the cables/adapters supplied are malfunctioning....

Any help or ideas would be really appreciated! 🙏

One other question:
I would love to have a dark mode and I believe this was first released in Android 11. Is there update for the V1Pro to run Android 11 or any other way to enable system wide Dark mode?

Thanks guys!
Hi did you find the solution?

Mikystars

Jan 12, 2013
Murcia
Hello!

I would like to ask a question to people who have the Junsun V1Pro, I specifically have 2 teams (the 2 model 4Gb 64Gb), one for Vw Golf V, with the firmware that I specify below, which works very slow, instead I have another for Chevrolet Aveo with the same characteristics and different firmware that works very fast (the firmware are those that came from origin in the two cases).

Can the slowness problem be in the firmware of the Volkswagen Golf equipment? Does anyone else have the same problem? Has anyone solved the slowness problem?

On the other hand, my equipment does not have the VW home logo, in the configuration brings many brands, but not Volkswagen, can someone tell me the specifications of the image (format, dimensions, etc.) and the location where I should place it to put it myself.

Thanks

Firmware Volkswagen Golf V:
HMI: JC.G5.D.Q.F.02.2021.12.07.14.30
MCU: TS-G5.201021(H)
MEDIA: HC_v2.0.0_211018_1630(v1.84)
CAN: VW-RZ-08-0029-B1
BTV: BT.21.12.01.1100

Firmware Chevrolet Aveo:
HMI: TSKJ.G6.D.Q.F.JC.2022.02.14.09.00
MCU:G6-TS-210818(VHD-SAT-9707)
MEDIA:HC_v2.0.0_210812_1030(v.1.84)
BTV: BT.21.12.22.1045
Hi, you are the first comment I see with a Volkswagen. I have a Volkswagen Passat B6 (2010) and after installing the Junsun v1 pro (4+64gb) I see that it doesn't turn off or even go to sleep. And yes, I changed it in settings and rebooted.

Question for the guy I'm replying. In your Golf V, ¿doest it go to sleep or shuts down after some time? Or is it immediately after quiting ignition.

Question for the rest of the people. Has any of you gone through the same problem? Even after changing mode in settings. Did you solved it? How?

Thanks in advance.

JoTaSu

May 12, 2022
Hi, you are the first comment I see with a Volkswagen. I have a Volkswagen Passat B6 (2010) and after installing the Junsun v1 pro (4+64gb) I see that it doesn't turn off or even go to sleep. And yes, I changed it in settings and rebooted.

Question for the guy I'm replying. In your Golf V, ¿doest it go to sleep or shuts down after some time? Or is it immediately after quiting ignition.

Question for the rest of the people. Has any of you gone through the same problem? Even after changing mode in settings. Did you solved it? How?

Thanks in advance.
In my Vw Golf V (2007), the sleep mode and the shutdown work, I personally take it with the sleep mode off, for fear of draining the battery, since a few days ago it ran out and I had to change it. The radio, both in sleep mode and off, turns off when you remove the key from the ignition, and turns on automatically when you put the key in the ignition position.

If you do not turn off or sleep, you may have the can-bus poorly connected or configured and that is why it cannot perform some functions with the vehicle. In my case, in the can-bus that came with the radio, I had to connect it to the power cable module and disconnect a small black connector from it. In the configuration of the radio I have it in Vw ALL, I think I remember.

Mikystars

Jan 12, 2013
Murcia
In my Vw Golf V (2007), the sleep mode and the shutdown work, I personally take it with the sleep mode off, for fear of draining the battery, since a few days ago it ran out and I had to change it. The radio, both in sleep mode and off, turns off when you remove the key from the ignition, and turns on automatically when you put the key in the ignition position.

If you do not turn off or sleep, you may have the can-bus poorly connected or configured and that is why it cannot perform some functions with the vehicle. In my case, in the can-bus that came with the radio, I had to connect it to the power cable module and disconnect a small black connector from it. In the configuration of the radio I have it in Vw ALL, I think I remember.
Oh thank you for your answer. I managed to fix it. I misunderstood the instructions due to bad translations and kept the black (molex?) connector plugged. I unplugged and now works fine.

stefanos21

Jun 20, 2016
Hi.i am using a dashcam with this unit and suddenly two days ago dashcam stopped working. when i plug in dashcam in usb1 or usb2 in file explorer usb1,or usb2 dissapears.when i plug in a usb stick with music either in usb1 or in usb2 in file explorer is visible.
Any help for this?
I thing that it started when 2 days ago i unistalled and reinstalled the launcher

enzovic

Jan 31, 2016
Hi. I own the Junsun V1 Pro 4G (4GB+32GB) Tesla Style Radio for my Opel Astra J.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003026138394.html

After making a child Google account for my car, I saw that I can't install some apps, like Waze for example, so I did a remote data wipe directly from my google account. That did a factory reset on the radio. After that some things have changed... I chatted with Junsun and they gave me different options that I will post here for everyone to see them:

1. (The worse): After the radio booted back I noticed the Touchscreen is mirrored on X-Axis.
>>The fix came from Junsun: "Please enter the factory settings by connecting the mouse, and then set up according to the following methods, I hope you can understand. Settings--factory settings (password 123456)--touch area keys--key position"

2. Before I only had 1 SIM card displayed, now I see 2 SIM cards instead of one but only the second one is the real one.
>>Partial fix: I went to Sim card settings in Wireless settings and I disabled the first card. Now I only see 1 Signal strength icon but in About devices I still see the 2 SIM cards with 2 different IMEI.
( Any other Ideas on how can I disable it for the hole system? )

3. In the "Car Settings" on Vehicle Information I now only see the Outdoor Temp, Mileage and Battery. I could see more information before.

>> Still no fix atm. I tried setting different cars because Opel Astra is not on the list of cars, only the GM ones are, but I get the same results. The chat support told me to test using "Old Buick Hideo Low or High" but is not changing anything.

I'm using the Simple Soft Can-BUS adapter GM-SS-04A

Any other Ideas?
View attachment 5641469

4. The luminosity is a bit to high on the night and it can be a bit disturbing on a long run. I can't manage to make it darker.
>> Still no fix atm. Any other Ideas?

This are some other things that bothers me:
1. The player from the theme can control locally stored music and Bluetooth music but cannot control locally installed Spotify.
2. I must manually open Spotify every time or else Waze can't control the music.
3. Every time I set Google as the speech assistant it works till the radio goes to sleep or does a restart. Than I have to set it again. I didn't tried yet to install Alexa.
4. If I set accessibility for the apps they only work till the radio goes to sleep. The only one that I managed set it and it's keeping it set is Bitdefender Antivirus.
5. I want to set a pin for the lock screen but if I do that I can't wake the screen if it goes black. Any ideas on how to wake up the screen without a power button?

Last edited:

Wesbro98

Jun 20, 2022
Hi, i Just got my junsun v1 pro 2gb + 32gb for my peugeot 208 2013 but my steering wheel controlls are not working. I tried 127 as my canbus but still not working.

GABB3R

Jun 20, 2022
Yep, installed it, works fine.
I'm almost done settiing it up, I just need to figure out why nothing happens on the unit when I turn my headlights on. Need to check the illumination cable. Either that, or nothing is supposed to happen, I dunno.

Hi,

Were you able to fix this issue?

I am also experiencing this, I finally got the camera to work although once I switch on the headlights the camera signal disappears and screen displays No Signal.

I have the V1Pro 8+256

If anyone can assist with solution to this problem that would be great.

Thank you

niquedegraaff

Sep 22, 2015
I have installed this unit in my Peugeot 307.
Is there a way i can increase the awake time to like 5 minutes after engine is shut off? I don't want to wait for full restart every time i shut the engine off for a few minutes

arvik67

May 31, 2008
Hi.Please help.I was given a car radio "Junsun V1 PRO 4G + 64G android 11" but the radio does not working.Only the channel search slider can be moved and it will automatically return to its home position.

Last edited:

marcanpaolo

Jul 28, 2008
hello ... i have an issue with mine junsun v1 2gb 32gb ... i cannot enter SETTINGS menu (gives me an error like in photo View attachment 5254279View attachment 5254281... i cant reinstall new firmware by update (RST+SWIPE) ... gives me an error like in photo ... downloaded firmware , copied on usb flash drive only 2 files , formatted on exfat and nothing ... any help will appreciate.
i have the same problem, but usb are formatted in fat32 i can't update in any way, any idea?.
Fail check usb e files

rduquematos

Jul 5, 2016
Hi, I am trying to get my OEM reverse camera working, the camera is 6v and I guess the reverse app only triggers when it gets 12v. Could I add a 6v to 12v booster between the oem reverse cable and the junsun reverse ?

Did someone get it to work having a writable root partition? I tried everything I found online, but am not able to make the system writable. I think it's this dm-verity stuff, but whatever I do I can't disable it. I want to install some apps as system app.

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Did someone get it to work having a writable root partition? I tried everything I found online, but am not able to make the system writable. I think it's this dm-verity stuff, but whatever I do I can't disable it. I want to install some apps as system app.
You can install an app as system app with adb e.g. by using Remote Adb Shell from Google PlayStore:

1. Copy the apk to storage of device (I use Downloads folder in this example)
2. Start Hotspot on phone and connect head unit. Get IP adress of hu in wifi settings of hu.
3. Open Remote Adb Shell on phone and connect to IP adress.
4. Enter command
su @#zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiop1234567890,.
5. Enter command
6. Restart Remote Adb Shell and connect again
7. Enter command
cp /storage/emulated/0/Download/my-app.apk /system/app

may also work.

Let me know if the unit shows the Android Status Bar on top of your new system app. Would be interesting for me to know.
Sadly didn't work for me, only the single remount works.

The one app I'm testing now is showing in full screen, no bar visible. I have to pull it down to see it. The other app doesn't have an activity. I also have a non system app, it is also in full screen and no bar is shown.

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Sadly didn't work for me, only the single remount works.

The one app I'm testing now is showing in full screen, no bar visible. I have to pull it down to see it. The other app doesn't have an activity. I also have a non system app, it is also in full screen and no bar is shown.
However. Great it worked for you.

Weird behavior. I try to find a solution how to show the status bar without the need to pull down - on top of all or on top of selected apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I have 6/128 androidnBMW unit, i was wondering is it possible configure sleep mode?

When i go into settings, common and enable "sleep mode" , it seems unit never shuts down. Is it supposed to work like that?
    When i disable "sleep mode", cold boot happens on every ignition.
    Would be nice if sleep mode would work for e.g. 15min and then turn off...
    Enabling sleep mode will keep your head unit a few days in sleep mode (~3 days) before it shuts down.

Disabling sleep mode disables sleep mode and so it shuts down every time you turn off ignition.

There is no option available to change this behavior.
    Sorry i don't understand what you mean but i added nothing
    Where can i find latest firmware?
    For Junsun V1 pro:

Post in thread 'Junsun V1 Pro (MTK8259/MTK8257) - firmware' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/junsun-v1-pro-mtk8259-mtk8257-firmware.4283365/post-87146423
    Can someone tell me how to change the icons on the front menue ?
    Right now I have Radio, running car (Speed) etc.
    Also : How can I tell the system to startautomaticially to a app (i.e DAB+ or Navigation) ?
    The stock launcher is garbage and you can't change that things. Regarding autostart launchers like Agama can do that. Please have a look on...
    Hi,
    Does anybody know what is the package name of bluetooth music?
    It is actually part of the bluetooh app itself, but on homeoage (stock launcher) i am able to start bt music directly (there is a shortcut).
    Want to do the same with tasker, but bt music not listed as individual app in tasker list of apps, just bluetooth is there.
    Thanks
    Thank you so much!
    I will try this today.

Does anybody know how to set media volume to max and save it permanently ?
    After reboot it always comes back to value of 20 (out of 30).
    Is there anything in 8878 menu that can configure this?

I tried using tasker, but "media volume" task (Also tried "system volume") in tasker does not increase media volume on HU.
    Yes, there are volume settings in 8878 and maybe in setting with code 8877, too.
    Are there any other codes except 8888,8878,8877 to try?
    Use at your own risk !!!!

8888 - restricted settings menu
    8878 - full settings menu. Mostly what you're looking for.
    Additional info can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/junsun-v1-factory-settings.4282295/
    1111 - load monitoring
    0 - update (mcuupdate_num)
    1 - some menu (csudy_num)
    2 - barcode
    3 - another barcode 8938003992756585897
    4 - reboot
    5 - color setting
    6 - set a new random Bluetooth name
    7 -
    8 - gis whitelist reset
    9 - system notification: device activated (in Chinese)
    0129 - CAN DATA
    5555 - save settings
    1912 - factory setup
    1812 - shop setup
    12345678 - update_apk update MainUI
    3699 - update_apk2
    5699 - update_apk3
    7788 - atc_log (engineering menu of the 4G modem)
    8877 - atc_factory
    Menu for changing the cutoff (filter) frequencies for the sub and line outputs (relevant for those who use external amplification):
    Code 8877 ---> Audio ---> Scroll to Sound Effect ---> Bass (or Alto (Middle), Treble).
    And also there is a setting and the ability to completely disable Loudness.
    USB mode can be changed here if required, too.
    7758258 - obligatory mode !! do not enter !!! Complete crap going on
    5678 - changing the menu code logo
    3234 - apk_install_pwd
    Alternatively (untested!) restore the engineering menu settings to the factory settings.
    2134 - appinfo_id_num
    6666 - install_id_num
    7777 - install2_id_num
    1616 - display_id_num brightness
    2064 - testmode_id_num
    1414 - reboot_id_num
    9191 - destroy_id_root_num
    9090 - destroy_id_num
    1313 - radio_reset_num
    1101 - screenshot_num
    4321 - filedelete_num
    1234 - filecopy_num
    Firmware installed in meantime?
    Today I applied the Firmware Stock update procedure. The procedure was successful and the tablet works ok. It remains to put it back in the car and see how it behaves in tests. This was possible for the two users who thank them once again: djborsi and TorstenH. I removed the tablet from the car and made the connections to be able to work with a + 12V DC / 220v power supply. For those who want to power it separately from the car, I put some pictures after the procedure and a wiring diagram. I made a video with the FW update procedure. Because I noticed that the tablet heats up a lot, I mounted a 12V / DC fan, It has the size 70X70mm. and thickness 15 mm. It was from an old CPU cooler. It is fastened at the back with 4 screws as seen in the photo. I put a 40 Ohm series resistor. to reduce speed and noise. I hope that what I posted here will bring a little help to those interested.
    But maybe you're interested in my new free app:
    Anyone got the latest maps for this? I asked seller and they sent me a link to a 7GB file on mega.nz. I can't download this as I don't have a paid account with mega.nz, so download stops after 5GB.
    Hi, I have this same radio. I tried to connect it to the computer as I read here and I could not do it. What I would like to do is to root it and if I can put the TWRP RECOVERY. I have not been able to extract the boot.img from the firmware.bin. On the other hand, the "back" button has been deconfigured and now the action it does when I press it, is that I turn off the screen. Do you know how to fix it? I have used the "BUTTONS REMAPPER" application but I have not achieved anything.

Best Regards
    Did you try connect with Flash Tool after MTK driver installed? How did you understand that no connection? About buttons remap - consider should be enough to uninstall buttons remapper.
    What car do you have?