Junsun V1 Pro MTK8259 4GB + 64GB Android 10 headunit

Search This thread

nowaq111

Feb 27, 2013
Hi,

I have issues with wifi, internet speed is ultra slow.
My unit (6g ram/128rom, android 11) that has external wifi antena that came with the unit , shows signal strength as excellent, however when doing speed test on the unit it is usually 1/1 mbps or even slower, it (rarely) varies up to 10/5 mbps, which is still pretty slow as phones i am using for hotspot have stable speed 60/10 mbps on 4g.

Any idea how to improve this?
Would wifi antenna replacement help? (when placing phone next to antenna no improvement in speed)

Is there something software wise i could do?

Is there anything in the unit hardware (should i open it)?

Thanks for the help people

rduquematos

Jul 5, 2016
finally I was able to get my backup camera working, I have a clip Iv with an oem camera that takes 6v I got a down converter to convert the 12v the junsun camera needs to the 6v for my clio OEM camera. To get the reverse camera showing i had to connect the reverse cable from my clio to the reverse cable (brown) of the junsun. before I was connecting the clio reverse cable to the parking cable that comes out of the can bus. By connecting to the brown cable directly I am bypassing the can bus, and it’s working wonderfully! If anyone needs help with doing it themselves let me know!

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
finally I was able to get my backup camera working, I have a clip Iv with an oem camera that takes 6v I got a down converter to convert the 12v the junsun camera needs to the 6v for my clio OEM camera. To get the reverse camera showing i had to connect the reverse cable from my clio to the reverse cable (brown) of the junsun. before I was connecting the clio reverse cable to the parking cable that comes out of the can bus. By connecting to the brown cable directly I am bypassing the can bus, and it’s working wonderfully! If anyone needs help with doing it themselves let me know!
A lot of people should read the thread below - even they drive another car - to get an idea how things work.

rduquematos

Jul 5, 2016
A lot of people should read the thread below - even they drive another car - to get an idea how things work.

That’s what I did! A great helper

Reactions: TorstenH

Jorkata1

Aug 26, 2022
Moderator Translation:

hello, I'm new to the forum and my English is very bad, for which I apologize in advance. my problem is this: I bought multimedia for car "Junsun" model 825X_pro 4/64. After the firmware update, it doesn't find my SIM card and I can't set it up for my 2006 Volkswagen Touareg car model. Thank you in advance for your help!

Здравейте, нов съм във форума и английският ми е много зле, за което се извинявам предварително. Проблемът ми е следният: Купих мултимедия за автомобил "Junsun" модел 825X_pro 4/64. След актуализацията на фърмуера, той не намира моята SIM карта и не мога да го настроя за моя модел автомобил Volkswagen Touareg 2006 г. Благодаря ви предварително за помощта!

Last edited by a moderator:

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Здравейте, нов съм във форума и английският ми е много зле, за което се извинявам предварително. Проблемът ми е следният: Купих мултимедия за автомобил "Junsun" модел 825X_pro 4/64. След актуализацията на фърмуера, той не намира моята SIM карта и не мога да го настроя за моя модел автомобил Volkswagen Touareg 2006 г. Благодаря ви предварително за помощта!
Forums language is English!

mamaeca

Mar 26, 2011
burgas
hello, I'm new to the forum and my English is very bad, for which I apologize in advance. my problem is this: I bought multimedia for car "Junsun" model 825X_pro 4/64. After the firmware update, it doesn't find my SIM card and I can't set it up for my 2006 Volkswagen Touareg car model. Thank you in advance for your help!
Moderator Translation:

hello friend, where are you from, if you are from my area I would try to fix your problem

zdrasti ot kidesi priytel ako si ot moya rayon bih se zael da ti opravy problema

Last edited by a moderator:

RomarioZuev

Feb 16, 2022
Hi, has anyone tried an anti-glare screen protector for the Junsun unit? You know, the one which helps against the sun shining into your screen and you not being able to see it well with sunglasses on?

lalieri

Sep 5, 2022
Dear all,
I have been hanging around on the forum, and checking and rechecking for the update file for my 825xpro mtk 8295 android 1920x720 but with no luck. Can someone help with some link firmware for audi ( with audi MMI launcher). My hw is 4g/64gb. 4x4shop.ca asked me 100$ to send me those 2 files. I have momentally installed a version found here for BMW which appsrently works but it has bmw UI.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Hi! Is it possible for you to direct my to a linlk for download the for_launchers.zip, , thanks in advance. kind regards
Scroll trought this thread and you will find all you need:

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Scroll trought this thread and you will find all you need:

@jarrogames The for_launchers.zip file was already uploaded several times and many people are too lazy to use the search functionality. 🤣

Reactions: jarrogames

lalieri

Sep 5, 2022
Dear all,
I have been hanging around on the forum, and checking and rechecking for the update file for my 825xpro mtk 8295 android 1920x720 but with no luck. Can someone help with some link firmware for audi ( with audi MMI launcher). My hw is 4g/64gb. 4x4shop.ca asked me 100$ to send me those 2 files. I have momentally installed a version found here for BMW which appsrently works but it has bmw UI.
Thanks in advance
Dear @TorstenH I see you are very active, can you help out as I am desperate 🤕🤕

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Dear @TorstenH I see you are very active, can you help out as I am desperate 🤕🤕
According to this
they offer latest firmware updates.

Depending on how old you unit is you could mention that that was the reason you bought the unit from them and return it if they don't provide the service they are promising on their homepage.

ifestus

May 6, 2011
Hello. I have two questions if anyone could assist.
1) I can't get the Bluetooth thethering to work so I may connect internet through Bluetooth. I am enabling Bluetooth tethering on the phone but I cannot find how to enable the feature on the unit. On the unit it connects via Bluetooth to the phone but the only options are audio and calls. I cannot find anywhere to enable the Bluetooth tethering on the unit
2) Is there any way to replace on first page (home page) the music widget with Spotify ?

Thanks in advance !

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Hello. I have two questions if anyone could assist.
1) I can't get the Bluetooth thethering to work so I may connect internet through Bluetooth. I am enabling Bluetooth tethering on the phone but I cannot find how to enable the feature on the unit. On the unit it connects via Bluetooth to the phone but the only options are audio and calls. I cannot find anywhere to enable the Bluetooth tethering on the unit
2) Is there any way to replace on first page (home page) the music widget with Spotify ?

Thanks in advance !

Install BluetoothDevices.apk and check if you can reach the required setting for bt tethering:

The weird stock launcher is garbage. It has only minimal customization options.

ifestus

May 6, 2011
Install BluetoothDevices.apk and check if you can reach the required setting for bt tethering:

The weird stock launcher is garbage. It has only minimal customization options.
Thanks a lot for your reply 🙂
I had already installed Bluetoothdevices.apk. But I still don't get the option for Bluetooth tethering in JunSun unit. I only see "audio" and "calls"(Check 1st screenshot) as I get it from my tablet for example (check 2nd screenshot). I was wondering if I need to tweek something in car muktimedia->about device->settings. Or maybe it's something more simple that I am missing

Attachments

• screenshot 1.jpg
    screenshot 1.jpg
    675.4 KB · Views: 52
  • screenshot 2.jpg
    screenshot 2.jpg
    936.3 KB · Views: 53

ifestus

May 6, 2011
Thanks a lot for your reply 🙂
I had already installed Bluetoothdevices.apk. But I still don't get the option for Bluetooth tethering in JunSun unit. I only see "audio" and "calls"(Check 1st screenshot) as I get it from my tablet for example (check 2nd screenshot). I was wondering if I need to tweek something in car muktimedia->about device->settings. Or maybe it's something more simple that I am missing
I just received a reply from JunSun support that it's not possible to connect Internet through Bluetooth in the unit. The only option is mobile hotspot after all

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello. I have Junsun V1 Pro 4gb ram and I have a question which navigation do you use on the screen on? Waze or another ?
    I use waze and sygic with offline maps
    Tell us how,the steps we must do
    Download image you want with good resolution. Use online pictures editor to make it 1280x720pixel and bmp type. Upload to Usb drive and put USB in the media. Then enter boot logo menu, tap search and will see it.
    What do you mean by "put it in the media"?
    Put the usb stick in the usb port of the JunSun unit
    It only works if i upload in usb?
    If upload in internal memory of the media does not work?

It only works if i upload in usb?
    If upload in internal memory of the media does not work?
    I don't make it other way. Only success with usb. If you succeed other way let me know.
    When upload your logo it is change car's logo
    Android logo cant change
    Hi
    in the firmware update file there are 2 files 8259.bin and 8259.upd
    We must put in usb stick both of them?
    yes.
    Are there any other codes except 8888,8878,8877 to try?
    Use at your own risk !!!!

8888 - restricted settings menu
    8878 - full settings menu. Mostly what you're looking for.
    Additional info can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/junsun-v1-factory-settings.4282295/
    1111 - load monitoring
    0 - update (mcuupdate_num)
    1 - some menu (csudy_num)
    2 - barcode
    3 - another barcode 8938003992756585897
    4 - reboot
    5 - color setting
    6 - set a new random Bluetooth name
    7 -
    8 - gis whitelist reset
    9 - system notification: device activated (in Chinese)
    0129 - CAN DATA
    5555 - save settings
    1912 - factory setup
    1812 - shop setup
    12345678 - update_apk update MainUI
    3699 - update_apk2
    5699 - update_apk3
    7788 - atc_log (engineering menu of the 4G modem)
    8877 - atc_factory
    Menu for changing the cutoff (filter) frequencies for the sub and line outputs (relevant for those who use external amplification):
    Code 8877 ---> Audio ---> Scroll to Sound Effect ---> Bass (or Alto (Middle), Treble).
    And also there is a setting and the ability to completely disable Loudness.
    USB mode can be changed here if required, too.
    7758258 - obligatory mode !! do not enter !!! Complete crap going on
    5678 - changing the menu code logo
    3234 - apk_install_pwd
    Alternatively (untested!) restore the engineering menu settings to the factory settings.
    2134 - appinfo_id_num
    6666 - install_id_num
    7777 - install2_id_num
    1616 - display_id_num brightness
    2064 - testmode_id_num
    1414 - reboot_id_num
    9191 - destroy_id_root_num
    9090 - destroy_id_num
    1313 - radio_reset_num
    1101 - screenshot_num
    4321 - filedelete_num
    1234 - filecopy_num
    But maybe you're interested in my new free app:
    Firmware installed in meantime?
    Today I applied the Firmware Stock update procedure. The procedure was successful and the tablet works ok. It remains to put it back in the car and see how it behaves in tests. This was possible for the two users who thank them once again: djborsi and TorstenH. I removed the tablet from the car and made the connections to be able to work with a + 12V DC / 220v power supply. For those who want to power it separately from the car, I put some pictures after the procedure and a wiring diagram. I made a video with the FW update procedure. Because I noticed that the tablet heats up a lot, I mounted a 12V / DC fan, It has the size 70X70mm. and thickness 15 mm. It was from an old CPU cooler. It is fastened at the back with 4 screws as seen in the photo. I put a 40 Ohm series resistor. to reduce speed and noise. I hope that what I posted here will bring a little help to those interested.
    Hi,

here my experience with Junsun V1 Pro with MTK 8259 (detailed spec. of device in below screenshots).

1611240722227.png
    1611240746293.png

My car is:
    Mazda 3, produced 2010 (type BL).

1. The radio station memory is cleared after rebooting the device (i.e. after setting differen CAN Type), so I must always to set the radio channels from beginnig on.
    >> this I can handle since I don't have to play with CAN Type setting all the time.

2. I cannot pin any widget, or any shortcut of an app the to any of the home screens! The system hangs up when I trying to pin something.
    >> this is to solve by different launcher. I have tried with Nova launcher and took radio, bleutooth etc. app from “for_launchers” zip file. Was working fine.

3. During using a navigation app the music from radio and sounds from navi are not mixed. Radio is playing and when navi sound comes, then radio is reduced and overplayed, I couldn't find option to change it.
    >> in the end nothing special, it is a matter of expectation and taste.

4. The reverse camera (gift from Junsun) is not working afer installation according to diagrams.
    >> this stays unsolved...

5. After switching car gear to reverse any backview as Warning Line or as Assistance Line are not working, not appearing!
    >> is unsolved,
    maybe connected with issue no 4. (system doesn't detect camera, so also deosn't activate any backview).

6. After switching car gear to reverse the sound level reduction deosn't work!
    >> is unsolved,
    maybe also connected with issue no 4. (system doesn't detect camera, also deosn't activate any backview, so in the end no sound level change).

7. I did Reset to Factory Settings (through android interface) to correct the problem no.2 (see description above). It helped for a moment, so after some time (~15 minutes) the issue came back, so still I cannot pin any widget or shortcut to any home screen.

8. I cannot find any option to make Screen-Lock.
    >> probably dedicated app would help, but I haven't tried.

9. The CAN info are not working with my car, so I cannot see any info about open doors, etc.
    >> I was using CAN Type 145, as adviced by seller, but still was not working.

All of above issue I was trying to solve with seller via messages (my english is not perfect, but their ... terrible).
    After upgrading the device to a new FW (provided by seller), after few days of discussion, I have decided to return the radio back. I did all according to agreement with seller and via aliexpress system and it worked fine. I got money back (211€) , all good.

The device, beside above described issues, worked really really well, fast and smoothly.
    The GPS was catch fast and 4G with sim card slot extension worked really amazing (direct internet access as well as direct phone calls possible!).
    The radio reception and the sound quality, also very good!

It is a pity, because the device looks like has a big potential, but the current FW is not perfect, so causing small, but many annoying problems.
    Not sure about camera issue (no.: 4+5+6), if it is connected with FW or rather with CAN decoder...

I would consider to buy it again, but first I will wait for a better FW/OS/ROM, so I am looking forward for any news about it!

I hope the info will help some of you.
    Greetings!