Junsun V1 Pro MTK8259 4GB + 64GB Android 10 headunit

Search This thread

hackras

Mar 12, 2014
Slovakia
Hello,
I have the same Junsun V1 Pro, but I have a problem updatting..
It doesn't do anything when I insert the USB stick in my car. I already tried with many other USB sticks FAT32 formatted of course.

The first time when I bought the Junsun, I managed to update without problem, but now even if I do the same way, I cant.

It is recognized by the Junsun, but the update pop up doesnt come up.

Edit : (I've just downloaded the latest firmware posted by hackras (thank you), I'm gonna try within 15mns, even though I have no hope)

Any clue ?
Thanks!
Did you try to insert the USB and then push the little Reset button in the lef upper corner ? Update should start during bootup...
Btw. only one USB port is suitable for firmware update, did you use the correct one ?

Reactions: Whaist

Whaist

Jan 31, 2022
Thank you for your messages.
I am eating right now ^^
Once I finish, I'm gonna test all you said, will then let you know.
Thank you very much

Whaist

Jan 31, 2022
So, I have connected USB to the car , started the car , and . . . it worked . . . I just can't understand how and why, but it's okay now.

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: hackras

hackras

Mar 12, 2014
Slovakia
If after updating to the latest firmware you have the problem of loosing all settings and changes after each reboot, please check your USB drives and remove the file ts8259.factory.bin if it is present in the root directory. After that, all settings should be saved and remembered after reboot.

stefanos21

Jun 20, 2016
If after updating to the latest firmware you have the problem of loosing all settings and changes after each reboot, please check your USB drives and remove the file ts8259.factory.bin if it is present in the root directory. After that, all settings should be saved and remembered after reboot.
Hi
in the firmware update zip file there are 2 files 8259.bin and 8259.upd
We must put in usb stick both of them separately or the zip file?

Last edited:

Whaist

Jan 31, 2022
Yes, I do have the problem of loosing all settings every time (didn't before update) I start my car.

And unfortunately I couldn't find the ts8259.factory.bin

I also tried different ways of typing it, like :
.bin / ts / ts8259 / ts8259 factory.bin / factor

Didn't find any result from these key words..

For " ts " only found what you will see attached to the message.

Attachments

• 16650547429713914421342327253087.jpg
    16650547429713914421342327253087.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 83

hackras

Mar 12, 2014
Slovakia
Yes, I do have the problem of loosing all settings every time (didn't before update) I start my car.

And unfortunately I couldn't find the ts8259.factory.bin

I also tried different ways of typing it, like :
.bin / ts / ts8259 / ts8259 factory.bin / factor

Didn't find any result from these key words..

For " ts " only found what you will see attached to the message.
you should look at the root of the USB drive....

SnajperKRS

Dec 6, 2013
Hello.
I just got a Junsun V1 pro 4+64 with Android 11 for Golf 6. are there any hidden features? What is the developer settings password?are there any hidden features? What is the developer settings password?

Last edited:

krajczar

Apr 12, 2022
Hi

I have a problem that I am using the phone application in the head unit. It's not a Bluetooth connection, it's native. There is a SIM card in the car.
The steering control always switches to Bluetooth. How to turn this off?

Head unit is V1 Pro, vehicle is Mercedes B200 (W245), CANBUS is set to 32.

brasa86

Oct 8, 2022
Hi,
Yesterday I upgraded the firmware to V3 but now I don't find the IGO Navigation App inside the App List Menu (Only GMaps). Is it possibile to restore it? I need an offline navigation App

Whaist

Jan 31, 2022
Hi,
Yesterday I upgraded the firmware to V3 but now I don't find the IGO Navigation App inside the App List Menu (Only GMaps). Is it possibile to restore it? I need an offline navigation App
Hi,
Maybe you should contact the reseller who could help you.
I've also seen in some threads, people who shared the iGO navigation app, but can't remember which thread, unfortunately.

Reactions: brasa86

Whaist

Jan 31, 2022
By the way, do someone know if it is possible with the Junsun V1Pro to lower the loudy beep made when your car approaches to an obstacle ?

If you guys don't understand what I mean (cuz of my limited english), I can image it with making a video.

Edit :
@hackras
The reset happened again.. maybe I should try to reinstall the firmware?

Last edited:

brasa86

Oct 8, 2022
By the way, do someone know if it is possible with the Junsun V1Pro to lower the loudy beep made when your car approaches to an obstacle ?

If you guys don't understand what I mean (cuz of my limited english), I can image it with making a video.

Edit :
@hackras
The reset happened again.. maybe I should try to reinstall the firmware?

Unfortunately, following my last firmware update, I'm also noticing reset issues. Randomly, when I turn on the car, I find the list of favorite radios cleared and I have to reset them manually.
Is there a way to solve this problem?

twinking

Oct 12, 2022
Hello,
can someone send me pictures of the factory settings menu "Other". I'm interessed in the settings for touchOriginX, touchOriginY and the sorrounding settings.
I accidentally calibrated my touch screen and this messed something up with the touch buttons. They now don't responed anymore. Even in the Touch Study menu they are not responsive.
Kind
Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello. I have Junsun V1 Pro 4gb ram and I have a question which navigation do you use on the screen on? Waze or another ?
    I use waze and sygic with offline maps
    Tell us how,the steps we must do
    Download image you want with good resolution. Use online pictures editor to make it 1280x720pixel and bmp type. Upload to Usb drive and put USB in the media. Then enter boot logo menu, tap search and will see it.
    What do you mean by "put it in the media"?
    Put the usb stick in the usb port of the JunSun unit
    It only works if i upload in usb?
    If upload in internal memory of the media does not work?

It only works if i upload in usb?
    If upload in internal memory of the media does not work?
    I don't make it other way. Only success with usb. If you succeed other way let me know.
    When upload your logo it is change car's logo
    Android logo cant change
    Hi
    in the firmware update file there are 2 files 8259.bin and 8259.upd
    We must put in usb stick both of them?
    yes.
    Are there any other codes except 8888,8878,8877 to try?
    Use at your own risk !!!!

8888 - restricted settings menu
    8878 - full settings menu. Mostly what you're looking for.
    Additional info can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/junsun-v1-factory-settings.4282295/
    1111 - load monitoring
    0 - update (mcuupdate_num)
    1 - some menu (csudy_num)
    2 - barcode
    3 - another barcode 8938003992756585897
    4 - reboot
    5 - color setting
    6 - set a new random Bluetooth name
    7 -
    8 - gis whitelist reset
    9 - system notification: device activated (in Chinese)
    0129 - CAN DATA
    5555 - save settings
    1912 - factory setup
    1812 - shop setup
    12345678 - update_apk update MainUI
    3699 - update_apk2
    5699 - update_apk3
    7788 - atc_log (engineering menu of the 4G modem)
    8877 - atc_factory
    Menu for changing the cutoff (filter) frequencies for the sub and line outputs (relevant for those who use external amplification):
    Code 8877 ---> Audio ---> Scroll to Sound Effect ---> Bass (or Alto (Middle), Treble).
    And also there is a setting and the ability to completely disable Loudness.
    USB mode can be changed here if required, too.
    7758258 - obligatory mode !! do not enter !!! Complete crap going on
    5678 - changing the menu code logo
    3234 - apk_install_pwd
    Alternatively (untested!) restore the engineering menu settings to the factory settings.
    2134 - appinfo_id_num
    6666 - install_id_num
    7777 - install2_id_num
    1616 - display_id_num brightness
    2064 - testmode_id_num
    1414 - reboot_id_num
    9191 - destroy_id_root_num
    9090 - destroy_id_num
    1313 - radio_reset_num
    1101 - screenshot_num
    4321 - filedelete_num
    1234 - filecopy_num
    But maybe you're interested in my new free app:
    Firmware installed in meantime?
    Today I applied the Firmware Stock update procedure. The procedure was successful and the tablet works ok. It remains to put it back in the car and see how it behaves in tests. This was possible for the two users who thank them once again: djborsi and TorstenH. I removed the tablet from the car and made the connections to be able to work with a + 12V DC / 220v power supply. For those who want to power it separately from the car, I put some pictures after the procedure and a wiring diagram. I made a video with the FW update procedure. Because I noticed that the tablet heats up a lot, I mounted a 12V / DC fan, It has the size 70X70mm. and thickness 15 mm. It was from an old CPU cooler. It is fastened at the back with 4 screws as seen in the photo. I put a 40 Ohm series resistor. to reduce speed and noise. I hope that what I posted here will bring a little help to those interested.
    Hi,

here my experience with Junsun V1 Pro with MTK 8259 (detailed spec. of device in below screenshots).

1611240722227.png
    1611240746293.png

My car is:
    Mazda 3, produced 2010 (type BL).

1. The radio station memory is cleared after rebooting the device (i.e. after setting differen CAN Type), so I must always to set the radio channels from beginnig on.
    >> this I can handle since I don't have to play with CAN Type setting all the time.

2. I cannot pin any widget, or any shortcut of an app the to any of the home screens! The system hangs up when I trying to pin something.
    >> this is to solve by different launcher. I have tried with Nova launcher and took radio, bleutooth etc. app from “for_launchers” zip file. Was working fine.

3. During using a navigation app the music from radio and sounds from navi are not mixed. Radio is playing and when navi sound comes, then radio is reduced and overplayed, I couldn't find option to change it.
    >> in the end nothing special, it is a matter of expectation and taste.

4. The reverse camera (gift from Junsun) is not working afer installation according to diagrams.
    >> this stays unsolved...

5. After switching car gear to reverse any backview as Warning Line or as Assistance Line are not working, not appearing!
    >> is unsolved,
    maybe connected with issue no 4. (system doesn't detect camera, so also deosn't activate any backview).

6. After switching car gear to reverse the sound level reduction deosn't work!
    >> is unsolved,
    maybe also connected with issue no 4. (system doesn't detect camera, also deosn't activate any backview, so in the end no sound level change).

7. I did Reset to Factory Settings (through android interface) to correct the problem no.2 (see description above). It helped for a moment, so after some time (~15 minutes) the issue came back, so still I cannot pin any widget or shortcut to any home screen.

8. I cannot find any option to make Screen-Lock.
    >> probably dedicated app would help, but I haven't tried.

9. The CAN info are not working with my car, so I cannot see any info about open doors, etc.
    >> I was using CAN Type 145, as adviced by seller, but still was not working.

All of above issue I was trying to solve with seller via messages (my english is not perfect, but their ... terrible).
    After upgrading the device to a new FW (provided by seller), after few days of discussion, I have decided to return the radio back. I did all according to agreement with seller and via aliexpress system and it worked fine. I got money back (211€) , all good.

The device, beside above described issues, worked really really well, fast and smoothly.
    The GPS was catch fast and 4G with sim card slot extension worked really amazing (direct internet access as well as direct phone calls possible!).
    The radio reception and the sound quality, also very good!

It is a pity, because the device looks like has a big potential, but the current FW is not perfect, so causing small, but many annoying problems.
    Not sure about camera issue (no.: 4+5+6), if it is connected with FW or rather with CAN decoder...

I would consider to buy it again, but first I will wait for a better FW/OS/ROM, so I am looking forward for any news about it!

I hope the info will help some of you.
    Greetings!