Junsun V1 Pro MTK8259 4GB + 64GB Android 10 headunit

Search This thread

no_hits

Jan 31, 2019
It is the same, but tapping on icon is more faster than go to system settings - system - write code and tap ok ;-)

Reactions: TorstenH

miroslavpena

Jan 2, 2012
Anyone experiencing slow internet speeds on junsun via wifi mobile hotspot ? In my case wifi signals shows full bars but speeds are slow up to 2mbs ??

Andreeve60

Apr 9, 2023
Can someone help me ? The original car display worked before the reset.. now it says The car type does not support ?!

Attachments

• IMG_9769.jpeg
    IMG_9769.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98

Andreeve60

Apr 9, 2023
My seller doesnt provide support... I can use carplay,apps and etc, but cant enter to the BMW Original IDrive menu vie "Car Device". I just reset the unit , it still dont work.. After this tried to perform update via usb.. not working again :D

Vertigorg

Feb 10, 2018
Hi forum, I'm thinking about getting this unit. I've been doing a lot of research recently..
From my understanding there's no a perfect android head unit out there. For my car model and year my best options are either the Teyes CC3 or the Junsun v1 Pro and I'm tending to go with the Junsun v1 pro..

Can you recommend how much RAM do I need? I usually just plug in my phone through carplay to use see navigation and play music on spotify.

I do need an RCA output for the head unit to connect to my amp and also I want an external Mic in (are these all features of the Junsun?)

Lastly, I wanted to ask about software.. are you guys satisfied with the stock ROM? hows the UI and what are the options to modify.. are there any custom ROMs/KERNELs that you would recommend

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
t.me
Realme GT 2 Pro
Hi forum, I'm thinking about getting this unit. I've been doing a lot of research recently..
From my understanding there's no a perfect android head unit out there. For my car model and year my best options are either the Teyes CC3 or the Junsun v1 Pro and I'm tending to go with the Junsun v1 pro..

Can you recommend how much RAM do I need? I usually just plug in my phone through carplay to use see navigation and play music on spotify.
You need as much as you can pay.
The head unit is not a rocket and the CPU and RAM technology is not comparable to up-to-date flagship phones.

And only order the V1 pro even if you don't want to use 4G because most users have it and so support is much better.
I do need an RCA output for the head unit to connect to my amp and also I want an external Mic in (are these all features of the Junsun?)
Yes. Maybe you need to desolder the internal mic. There are separate threads/posts showing how to do.
The RCA harness provides a 3.5mm mono jack to connect an external mic.
Lastly, I wanted to ask about software.. are you guys satisfied with the stock ROM? hows the UI and what are the options to modify.. are there any custom ROMs/KERNELs that you would recommend
Nobody is (fully) satisfied with Junsuns firmware. Not there is no alternative available.

Vertigorg

Feb 10, 2018
You need as much as you can pay.
The head unit is not a rocket and the CPU and RAM technology is not comparable to up-to-date flagship phones.

And only order the V1 pro even if you don't want to use 4G because most users have it and so support is much better.

Yes. Maybe you need to desolder the internal mic. There are separate threads/posts showing how to do.
The RCA harness provides a 3.5mm mono jack to connect an external mic.

Nobody is (fully) satisfied with Junsuns firmware. Not there is no alternative available.
Thanks for the reply,

A couple followup questions..

So would 4GB suffice or do I need more? I rather not be stuck with a lagging unit..

What did you mean by "only order the V1 pro even if you don't want to use 4G "? I do not plan to use 4G ATM.. what is your advice regarding that?

I've found this cable https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32969587592.html is that what you meant ? Seems like they don't ship it with the V1 PRO.

How's the screen quality of the device during daytime? I don't need it to be as crisp as an OLED tv but I do wish to see where the directions on the navigation app for example.

What about CANBUS.. how do I verify if I need a decoder or will I be able to plug into my car

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
t.me
Realme GT 2 Pro
Thanks for the reply,

A couple followup questions..

So would 4GB suffice or do I need more? I rather not be stuck with a lagging unit..
4GB would be OK but if you can pay more, take more.
What did you mean by "only order the V1 pro even if you don't want to use 4G "? I do not plan to use 4G ATM.. what is your advice regarding that?
V1 Pro always come with 4G. V1 is without 4G. Order a V1 Pro even you don't plan to use 4G.
I've found this cable https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32969587592.html is that what you meant ? Seems like they don't ship it with the V1 PRO.
They shipped it with my head unit. It should be included with V1 pro.
How's the screen quality of the device during daytime? I don't need it to be as crisp as an OLED tv but I do wish to see where the directions on the navigation app for example.
There are situations it's not very good to read but for me it's sufficient.
The problem is that min brightness during night is too bright. That was one of the reasons I developed the app AppSwitcher.
What about CANBUS.. how do I verify if I need a decoder or will I be able to plug into my car
If can box is needed it will be part of the shipment. If can box is used it's not possible to configure the steering wheel buttons by yourself and some users complaining that it's not working well. But this is car and can box specific. You will find many posts regarding this topic.

Achilefs_k

Jul 9, 2016
Hi everybody.i am using v1pro in a Suzuki swift 2007.how can I set it to show in screen if a door is opened or other informations?
Do I need to buy and plug a canbus?

Anukku

Jan 10, 2023
Have you installed this? any improvements?
Hi, i didn;t had the courage. I am afraid of updating so it won't brake other things. Or, if i do the update, perhaps i loose some settings from the hidden menu. The mechanic that installed me the unite, did some adjustments in the hidden menu, and i am afraid if i do the update and loose this settings i won't know what to toogle in there. :\

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you know how to explain to me how you did it because I have a Junsun V1 plus 4g /64 with android 12 but I can't.
    Okay let's run again.
    1. Take a picture with a resolution of 1280x720 dpi.
    2. Save .bmp (use palette color, no rgb!) or .png format.
    3. Copy the image to a portable USB flash drive.
    4. Start the head unit and connect the flash drive, click the gear on the start screen, ie the settings menu.
    5. Go to the car setup (second menu item)
    6. Choose the lowest menu: About the Device.
    7. Click on the right side of the gear and use this code: 5678
    8. On the left, click the second search icon.
    9. This is when the logo on the USB flash drive appears, which you made.
    10. Tap the logo, then save.
    11. Re -start the head unit. This is important because if you only turn the key, it won't start again, just sleep.
    12. If you did everything well, it will work.
    I attach a model image, copy it to the USB Drive and try it. This is sure to work for me.
    Hello I recently bought a Junsun 4g + 64gb version, and I'm having some trouble.

On my unit sleep mode doesn't work how it's supposed to, after about 30minutes when I try to start the radio it will long boot I would like to set it to 3day like I had it on my other junsun unit but there is no option like that, only on and off. I checked the wiring and red and yellow cables are connected right.

Also I was wondering how did you guys make the settings menu in dark mode, i tried to force it through developer mode but that did not do nothing.

I received a MCU update from Junsun to fix my sleep issue if anyone is interested
    MCU before : MCU: TS-G5.201021(VHD)
    After : MCU: SS-G5.230529(VHD)

Untested but may work:

Put the logo on the root folder of an USB drive by naming it
    Code:
    tslogo.bmp
    tslogo.jpg
    or
    tslogo.png

Enter factory code 5678 and plug in the USB drive.
    Thank you. Succeeded, I copied the image to the USB Drive root folder. The correct size is 1280x720 and can be .BMP or .PNG format, the file name can be anything.
    Are there any other codes except 8888,8878,8877 to try?
    Use at your own risk !!!!

8888 - restricted settings menu
    8878 - full settings menu. Mostly what you're looking for.
    Additional info can be found here: https://xdaforums.com/t/junsun-v1-factory-settings.4282295/
    1111 - load monitoring
    0 - update (mcuupdate_num)
    1 - some menu (csudy_num)
    2 - barcode
    3 - another barcode 8938003992756585897
    4 - reboot
    5 - color setting
    6 - set a new random Bluetooth name
    7 -
    8 - gis whitelist reset
    9 - system notification: device activated (in Chinese)
    0129 - CAN DATA
    5555 - save settings
    1912 - factory setup
    1812 - shop setup
    12345678 - update_apk update MainUI
    3699 - update_apk2
    5699 - update_apk3
    7788 - atc_log (engineering menu of the 4G modem)
    8877 - atc_factory
    Menu for changing the cutoff (filter) frequencies for the sub and line outputs (relevant for those who use external amplification):
    Code 8877 ---> Audio ---> Scroll to Sound Effect ---> Bass (or Alto (Middle), Treble).
    And also there is a setting and the ability to completely disable Loudness.
    USB mode can be changed here if required, too.
    7758258 - obligatory mode !! do not enter !!! Complete crap going on
    5678 - changing the menu code logo
    3234 - apk_install_pwd
    Alternatively (untested!) restore the engineering menu settings to the factory settings.
    2134 - appinfo_id_num
    6666 - install_id_num
    7777 - install2_id_num
    1616 - display_id_num brightness
    2064 - testmode_id_num
    1414 - reboot_id_num
    9191 - destroy_id_root_num
    9090 - destroy_id_num
    1313 - radio_reset_num
    1101 - screenshot_num
    4321 - filedelete_num
    1234 - filecopy_num