• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Junsun V1 Pro MTK8259 4GB + 64GB Android 10 headunit

Search This thread

wbdias

Jun 2, 2021
Hi guys, I have two settings I want to adjust, but can't find the way on the internet.

First one is when I turn the display off while listening to music and need to adjust the volume. The screen turns it on and I need to turn it off again. There is some way to make it not happen?

Second, how do I set the buttons light on, all the time? By the standard setting, it only turn on when the headlights are on

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Hi guys, I have two settings I want to adjust, but can't find the way on the internet.

First one is when I turn the display off while listening to music and need to adjust the volume. The screen turns it on and I need to turn it off again. There is some way to make it not happen?

Second, how do I set the buttons light on, all the time? By the standard setting, it only turn on when the headlights are on
Don't think #1 is possible because the buttons are part of the screen. Maybe you can adjust volume with buttons of your steering wheel.
#2 Connect ACC to ILL so the head unit always gets the signal your headlights are on.

Last edited:

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
It is possible to make a shortcut in the steering wheel buttons to turn the screen off?
Does the screen turns on when you adjust volume with steering wheel buttons? If not then I think your problem is solved.

You can launch an Automate flow if you set FlowStarter as GPS app:
Before you should check if it's possible to turn off the screen with Automate (free version available in Google Playstore). And you need to use a different launcher because the stock launcher starts navigation based on the set GPS app.

Podol007

Feb 28, 2020
Hello guys, I have two silly questions :)

I had Junsun V1 with android 9.0 4gb+64gb for Skoda Octavia 3, that I currently gave to my friend (radio, not the car :D ). Can you tell me how language can be changed, please? I had it on english and was totally fine with that however my friend prefers czech language because had unit after installation has changed language also on maxi dot.

Second question. I had rear camera that worked absulutely fine with me, but my friend doesnt have rear camera and when car is on reverse, there is no picture at all, only sound that indicates distance. Is there a way how to see the icon of the car when reversing and the lines that indicates distance as well? Not just the sound. Thank you for your suggestions and help.

solmer

Aug 2, 2007
Hi! you can change language in settings menu. In my unit is really simple....just look for language or regional...

Most of the time, backup camera issues are related to the triggerwire . Your friend should check these steps:

Is the camera powered? (mine is powered form the reverse light)

Is the trigger wire (reverse wire) attached to the reverse wire in the radio?

If you have reset the radio...also check the options in the radio....

Good luck

Podol007

Feb 28, 2020
Hi! you can change language in settings menu. In my unit is really simple....just look for language or regional...

Most of the time, backup camera issues are related to the triggerwire . Your friend should check these steps:

Is the camera powered? (mine is powered form the reverse light)

Is the trigger wire (reverse wire) attached to the reverse wire in the radio?

If you have reset the radio...also check the options in the radio....

Good luck
Hi, thank you for your answer. Look of the menu looks on the head unit slighty different than i can see around on youtube :). I quess it can be found where can bus can be selected. If I change the language, will it change also language for the car or just for the radio itself?

Rear camera is not the issue as the other car doesnt have it. its just the parking car icon. There is only sound, not the lines indicate distance.

Would it be better if I reset the radio?

solmer

Aug 2, 2007
Hi, thank you for your answer. Look of the menu looks on the head unit slighty different than i can see around on youtube :). I quess it can be found where can bus can be selected. If I change the language, will it change also language for the car or just for the radio itself?

Rear camera is not the issue as the other car doesnt have it. its just the parking car icon. There is only sound, not the lines indicate distance.

Would it be better if I reset the radio?
Oppps, There was definitely a misunderstanding, I guess the car language wont change if you reset the radio....but give it a try....

I don't have the parking icon, my car doesn't have CANBUS so I can't help you with that :(

Podol007

Feb 28, 2020
Oppps, There was definitely a misunderstanding, I guess the car language wont change if you reset the radio....but give it a try....

I don't have the parking icon, my car doesn't have CANBUS so I can't help you with that :(
No worries, I have managed to setup the parking lines. Its now indicating the distance. But I am still struggling to find the default language :)

Reg. language...I´ve read couple of articles where poeple mentioned that four digit code can have different results (get you to different setting), based on numbers you type. For example I was always using 3368. Then 8888 did not do anything for me. There are 8878 and 5678 which I did not try yet.
Do you or anyone else have this experience by using different four digit code?

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
No worries, I have managed to setup the parking lines. Its now indicating the distance. But I am still struggling to find the default language :)

Reg. language...I´ve read couple of articles where poeple mentioned that four digit code can have different results (get you to different setting), based on numbers you type. For example I was always using 3368. Then 8888 did not do anything for me. There are 8878 and 5678 which I did not try yet.
Do you or anyone else have this experience by using different four digit code?
These codes seems to be valid for my device: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/junsun-v1-codes.4282299/

AntonioLopezMiñano

Jun 22, 2021
Hello, I need help with the configuration of this radio. After installing everything according to the instructions the rear camera did not work. After several tests I managed to get it to work correctly by disconnecting cables 3-4. Later I tried to rotate the image of the camera by touching the configuration but I have not succeeded and now the camera does not start when I put the reverse gear, but if I enter the application I can see the image when the reverse gear is engaged. You can tell me which are the default values of these menus to put it back as it was. Greetings and a thousands thanks.

Attachments

• H314c3939f2744157b38ed337add275a7S.jpg
    H314c3939f2744157b38ed337add275a7S.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20210621_132637.jpg
    IMG_20210621_132637.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20210621_132703.jpg
    IMG_20210621_132703.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20210621_132709.jpg
    IMG_20210621_132709.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20210621_132715.jpg
    IMG_20210621_132715.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 83

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Hello, I need help with the configuration of this radio. After installing everything according to the instructions the rear camera did not work. After several tests I managed to get it to work correctly by disconnecting cables 3-4. Later I tried to rotate the image of the camera by touching the configuration but I have not succeeded and now the camera does not start when I put the reverse gear, but if I enter the application I can see the image when the reverse gear is engaged. You can tell me which are the default values of these menus to put it back as it was. Greetings and a thousands thanks.

Please check if you're getting camera image during boot process (before Android startup is competed). If yes, then the wiring is correct.

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
On cable 4 you need a 12V+ signal as soon as the reverse gear is engaged. So this tells the device to show the image by open the app (Android) or switch to screen mode (during boot before Android runs).
Cable 3 is an option to get the 12V+ from the reverse lights. Most modern cars provide a reverse signal with its wiring harness which then can be connected to cable 4.

AntonioLopezMiñano

Jun 22, 2021
On cable 4 you need a 12V+ signal as soon as the reverse gear is engaged. So this tells the device to show the image by open the app (Android) or switch to screen mode (during boot before Android runs).
Cable 3 is an option to get the 12V+ from the reverse lights. Most modern cars provide a reverse signal with its wiring harness which then can be connected to cable 4.

Hi, I have no image during the boot process. If I enter the application and put the reverse gear if I see the image. Previously I had cables 3-4 connected and had no picture, removing the reverse gear would reset the radio.

skezza

Sep 29, 2007
Hello,

This isn't my first XDA post. I've been unable to login to my account so I've had to register a new one. :(

Going to have a good read through this forum, but I just wanted to give you a bit of information on the device I've purchased.

Bit of backstory, I've always purchased Xtrons Android devices and I've genuinely had really good luck with them. I've had two PX5's, both of which have been ace bits of kit and have lasted several years (both still running).... which brings us up to now.

Early this month, I bought a PX6 for my new Jetta, which is just like the PX5 except a lot lot faster.

The problem is, I noticed literally day 1 of ownership that it ran hot.... and I mean really hot which isn't something I remember from the PX5's. I figured this was just down to the way it's manufactured. Less than a month later and I've returned the head unit as the amplifier packed up. Considering the amplifier is mounted directly on the frame, it wouldn't surprise me if the amount of heat generated is partly to blame.

Anyway, Xtrons gave me my money back and in a surprising turn, suggested I purchase this, as an alternative:

Never one to shy away, I took a punt. The device identifies as as an 8259 which is an MTK and I'm hoping I am in the right place and can get some support because I actually quite like this device. No, it's not as fast as the PX6, but it has a nicer screen and probably a better UI. However, if I continue to struggle with some of the issues listed below, it'll probably have to go back as well:

tl;dr

- After rebooting the device, all of my settings are completely lost. Launcher settings, EQ settings for the DSP, everything is lost. Even force closing these apps cause the settings to be lost. Is there any fix for this? The same issue somewhat existed on the PX5 but you could set this in factory settings? No such option for me.

- A lot of the car apps such as Radio, Bluetooth etc, are built into something called MainApp_9. This is inflexible and my best bet without using the Stock launcher is to access via Widgets on Nova Launcher, which does work, but it's by no means ideal and means ALL of the car launchers are out of the window.

- I am unable to rename the Bluetooth name of the device.

- Factory Settings doesn't actually show much - pw 8888. CANBUS tweaks for example, but other than that.... not much.

I probably have further things I am unsure about, but I am just getting the hang of it right now. I feel like this device has a lot of potential and actually better sound quality and a better screen, but on the face of it, I am tempted to return this as well and perhaps reconsider another PX5 or a PX6 with a larger frame that dissipates heat better.

Btw, the screen glare isn't this bad in real life. Think the camera makes it worse.

Hears hoping, fingers crossed you guys have some tips :)

Launcher:
View attachment 5350245

FM Radio, RDS appears to work.
View attachment 5350247

Factory Settings (8888)
View attachment 5350249

Infotainment Settings
View attachment 5350251

DSP Settings
View attachment 5350255

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Hello,

This isn't my first XDA post. I've been unable to login to my account so I've had to register a new one. :(

Going to have a good read through this forum, but I just wanted to give you a bit of information on the device I've purchased.

Bit of backstory, I've always purchased Xtrons Android devices and I've genuinely had really good luck with them. I've had two PX5's, both of which have been ace bits of kit and have lasted several years (both still running).... which brings us up to now.

Early this month, I bought a PX6 for my new Jetta, which is just like the PX5 except a lot lot faster.

The problem is, I noticed literally day 1 of ownership that it ran hot.... and I mean really hot which isn't something I remember from the PX5's. I figured this was just down to the way it's manufactured. Less than a month later and I've returned the head unit as the amplifier packed up. Considering the amplifier is mounted directly on the frame, it wouldn't surprise me if the amount of heat generated is partly to blame.

Anyway, Xtrons gave me my money back and in a surprising turn, suggested I purchase this, as an alternative:

Never one to shy away, I took a punt. The device identifies as as an 8259 which is an MTK and I'm hoping I am in the right place and can get some support because I actually quite like this device. No, it's not as fast as the PX6, but it has a nicer screen and probably a better UI. However, if I continue to struggle with some of the issues listed below, it'll probably have to go back as well:

tl;dr

- After rebooting the device, all of my settings are completely lost. Launcher settings, EQ settings for the DSP, everything is lost. Even force closing these apps cause the settings to be lost. Is there any fix for this? The same issue somewhat existed on the PX5 but you could set this in factory settings? No such option for me.

- A lot of the car apps such as Radio, Bluetooth etc, are built into something called MainApp_9. This is inflexible and my best bet without using the Stock launcher is to access via Widgets on Nova Launcher, which does work, but it's by no means ideal and means ALL of the car launchers are out of the window.

- Factory Settings doesn't actually show much - pw 8888. CANBUS tweaks for example, but other than that.... not much.

I probably have further things I am unsure about, but I am just getting the hang of it right now. I feel like this device has a lot of potential and actually better sound quality and a better screen, but on the face of it, I am tempted to return this as well and perhaps reconsider another PX5 or a PX6 with a larger frame that dissipates heat better.

Btw, the screen glare isn't this bad in real life. Think the camera makes it worse.

Launcher:
View attachment 5350245

View attachment 5350247

Factory Settings (8888)
View attachment 5350249

Infotainment Settings
View attachment 5350251

DSP Settings
View attachment 5350255
May help you:

Don't change settings if you don't know what you're doing! A lot of people killed their device by changing factory settings.

Code you're looking for may be 8877:

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
Hello,

tl;dr

Launcher:
View attachment 5350245

View attachment 5350247

Factory Settings (8888)
View attachment 5350249

Infotainment Settings
View attachment 5350251

DSP Settings
View attachment 5350255
Post the description of the firmware. Device looks like the fw of Junsun V1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried several things. Nothing helped...
    Here is some pic's I've taken... Maybe someone knows how to change ntsc to pal...
    In my case (different car) backup camera was feed from CCD AVIN and it looks like that input is shared with 360 surround system back camera.
    Changes in 8888 -> Backcar Setup affected 360 system and back camera connected in CCD AVIN.
    Gift camera I received with unit was working on CamType CVBS.
    360 Surround System is working on CamType 360-720P setting.
    When I had connected 360 system and back camera in CCD AVIN image was corrupted and flickering (sometimes you could see parts of one or the other image).
    I have a brown/black (brown goes in CanBus brown/black coming out) the instructions says that its the wire.
    I think its something that i need to change on my Screen. Any other Ideas?
    No, just connect to this wire...
    no, all the settings stay ok. and i dont think the clock resets it justs starts always at the same hour. 03:18.
    If it starts always at the same hour, then for me it means it resets itself.
    For me workaround was to set clock synchronisation with GPS and not cellular.

Hi thanks to all for your useful posts , i have a junsun radio 2gb+32gb whit 4g , i think is v1pro but many things are different to the other user posted here,​

this device is the device i purchased :​

View attachment 5439269

I have one problem with reverse camera when I put on reverse the car ( toyota rav4 2010 ) nothing happens, the reverse cable gets 12v but the reverse camera app not launching . when i put reverse and the video wire of the camera is connected to aux video in I can get image from camera, but i need to launch the aux video app every time i put reverse.​

I have something like this:​

View attachment 5439271

So my question are:​

1) Is this a v1pro radio?​

2) Someone has the same problem with the camera or knows what is happening?​

3) There is any update for this radio?​

Sorry my bad English, here are some pics from the device:​

View attachment 5439299

View attachment 5439301
    View attachment 5439303

Thanks for your help​

As soon as there are +12 V on the reverse wire your should see the rear view camera app with a black screen (if rear view camera signal is not connected).

I think you have this device:

Not a V1 pro with an old android version.
    Seller just told me that I have to send back the device, this can't be the only solution?
    I got my Internet working. The problem was that the headunit searched up an old APN for my simcard. So I made a new APN profile in the settings with the values found on my operator homepage. Worked fine after that.
    Hope it helps you to.
    Firmware installed in meantime?
    Today I applied the Firmware Stock update procedure. The procedure was successful and the tablet works ok. It remains to put it back in the car and see how it behaves in tests. This was possible for the two users who thank them once again: djborsi and TorstenH. I removed the tablet from the car and made the connections to be able to work with a + 12V DC / 220v power supply. For those who want to power it separately from the car, I put some pictures after the procedure and a wiring diagram. I made a video with the FW update procedure. Because I noticed that the tablet heats up a lot, I mounted a 12V / DC fan, It has the size 70X70mm. and thickness 15 mm. It was from an old CPU cooler. It is fastened at the back with 4 screws as seen in the photo. I put a 40 Ohm series resistor. to reduce speed and noise. I hope that what I posted here will bring a little help to those interested.
    Hi, I have this same radio. I tried to connect it to the computer as I read here and I could not do it. What I would like to do is to root it and if I can put the TWRP RECOVERY. I have not been able to extract the boot.img from the firmware.bin. On the other hand, the "back" button has been deconfigured and now the action it does when I press it, is that I turn off the screen. Do you know how to fix it? I have used the "BUTTONS REMAPPER" application but I have not achieved anything.

Best Regards
    Did you try connect with Flash Tool after MTK driver installed? How did you understand that no connection? About buttons remap - consider should be enough to uninstall buttons remapper.
    What car do you have?
    I'm sorry, but I don't know what duraspeed is.
    adb shell
    su @#zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiop1234567890,.
    setprop persist.vendor.duraspeed.app.on 0
    exit
    exit
    Hola chicos, soy nuevo en el foro. Tengo la misma radio de hace unos meses, y no sé si les pasará lo mismo a los que tienen un Peugeot 307, y son 2 cosas. 1 kilometri pentru revizuire, lo reseteo, dar atunci când începe la ziua următoare, întorc 0 cu simbolul llavei. 2 ca schimbare la oră la ecranul central, ya que la hora se adelantó en mi país, se actualizează la radio dar în ecranul de serie al auto-ului nu se actualizează. (Lo siento por mi ingles)
    Write in English, you can use Google Translate.