Junsun V1 Pro MTK8259 4GB + 64GB Android 10 headunit

Search This thread

hackras

Mar 12, 2014
Slovakia
Hello,
I have the same Junsun V1 Pro, but I have a problem updatting..
It doesn't do anything when I insert the USB stick in my car. I already tried with many other USB sticks FAT32 formatted of course.

The first time when I bought the Junsun, I managed to update without problem, but now even if I do the same way, I cant.

It is recognized by the Junsun, but the update pop up doesnt come up.

Edit : (I've just downloaded the latest firmware posted by hackras (thank you), I'm gonna try within 15mns, even though I have no hope)

Any clue ?
Thanks!
Did you try to insert the USB and then push the little Reset button in the lef upper corner ? Update should start during bootup...
Btw. only one USB port is suitable for firmware update, did you use the correct one ?

Reactions: Whaist

Whaist

Jan 31, 2022
Thank you for your messages.
I am eating right now ^^
Once I finish, I'm gonna test all you said, will then let you know.
Thank you very much

Whaist

Jan 31, 2022
So, I have connected USB to the car , started the car , and . . . it worked . . . I just can't understand how and why, but it's okay now.

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: hackras

hackras

Mar 12, 2014
Slovakia
If after updating to the latest firmware you have the problem of loosing all settings and changes after each reboot, please check your USB drives and remove the file ts8259.factory.bin if it is present in the root directory. After that, all settings should be saved and remembered after reboot.

stefanos21

Jun 20, 2016
If after updating to the latest firmware you have the problem of loosing all settings and changes after each reboot, please check your USB drives and remove the file ts8259.factory.bin if it is present in the root directory. After that, all settings should be saved and remembered after reboot.
Hi
in the firmware update zip file there are 2 files 8259.bin and 8259.upd
We must put in usb stick both of them separately or the zip file?

Last edited:

Whaist

Jan 31, 2022
Yes, I do have the problem of loosing all settings every time (didn't before update) I start my car.

And unfortunately I couldn't find the ts8259.factory.bin

I also tried different ways of typing it, like :
.bin / ts / ts8259 / ts8259 factory.bin / factor

Didn't find any result from these key words..

For " ts " only found what you will see attached to the message.

Attachments

• 16650547429713914421342327253087.jpg
    16650547429713914421342327253087.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 147

hackras

Mar 12, 2014
Slovakia
Yes, I do have the problem of loosing all settings every time (didn't before update) I start my car.

And unfortunately I couldn't find the ts8259.factory.bin

I also tried different ways of typing it, like :
.bin / ts / ts8259 / ts8259 factory.bin / factor

Didn't find any result from these key words..

For " ts " only found what you will see attached to the message.
you should look at the root of the USB drive....

SnajperKRS

Dec 6, 2013
Hello.
I just got a Junsun V1 pro 4+64 with Android 11 for Golf 6. are there any hidden features? What is the developer settings password?are there any hidden features? What is the developer settings password?

Last edited:

krajczar

Apr 12, 2022
Hi

I have a problem that I am using the phone application in the head unit. It's not a Bluetooth connection, it's native. There is a SIM card in the car.
The steering control always switches to Bluetooth. How to turn this off?

Head unit is V1 Pro, vehicle is Mercedes B200 (W245), CANBUS is set to 32.

brasa86

Oct 8, 2022
Hi,
Yesterday I upgraded the firmware to V3 but now I don't find the IGO Navigation App inside the App List Menu (Only GMaps). Is it possibile to restore it? I need an offline navigation App

Whaist

Jan 31, 2022
Hi,
Yesterday I upgraded the firmware to V3 but now I don't find the IGO Navigation App inside the App List Menu (Only GMaps). Is it possibile to restore it? I need an offline navigation App
Hi,
Maybe you should contact the reseller who could help you.
I've also seen in some threads, people who shared the iGO navigation app, but can't remember which thread, unfortunately.

Reactions: brasa86

Whaist

Jan 31, 2022
By the way, do someone know if it is possible with the Junsun V1Pro to lower the loudy beep made when your car approaches to an obstacle ?

If you guys don't understand what I mean (cuz of my limited english), I can image it with making a video.

Edit :
@hackras
The reset happened again.. maybe I should try to reinstall the firmware?

Last edited:

brasa86

Oct 8, 2022
By the way, do someone know if it is possible with the Junsun V1Pro to lower the loudy beep made when your car approaches to an obstacle ?

If you guys don't understand what I mean (cuz of my limited english), I can image it with making a video.

Edit :
@hackras
The reset happened again.. maybe I should try to reinstall the firmware?

Unfortunately, following my last firmware update, I'm also noticing reset issues. Randomly, when I turn on the car, I find the list of favorite radios cleared and I have to reset them manually.
Is there a way to solve this problem?

twinking

Oct 12, 2022
Hello,
can someone send me pictures of the factory settings menu "Other". I'm interessed in the settings for touchOriginX, touchOriginY and the sorrounding settings.
I accidentally calibrated my touch screen and this messed something up with the touch buttons. They now don't responed anymore. Even in the Touch Study menu they are not responsive.
Kind
Regards

Top Liked Posts

OK with the resolution but Zip file of the video is about 14mb,the one I made is 156mb and I am afraid to try it...
    You wrote previously that the file must renamed to "tsbootanimation" but the guy in video renamed it to "bootanimation". You tried it and didn't work so you renamed it tsbootanimation?
    Also, if something goes wrong is it possible to brick the machine?
    156mb is a lot, your device will not accept animations of this size!For Junsun V1 Pro MTK8259 devices, the animation file must be named "tsbootanimation".If something goes wrong, the animation will not be installed.
    OK with the resolution but Zip file of the video is about 14mb,the one I made is 156mb and I am afraid to try it...
    You wrote previously that the file must renamed to "tsbootanimation" but the guy in video renamed it to "bootanimation". You tried it and didn't work so you renamed it tsbootanimation?
    Also, if something goes wrong is it possible to brick the machine?
    156mb is a lot, your device will not accept animations of this size!For Junsun V1 Pro MTK8259 devices, the animation file must be named "tsbootanimation".If something goes wrong, the animation will not be installed.
    you know how to explain to me how you did it because I have a Junsun V1 plus 4g /64 with android 12 but I can't.
    Okay let's run again.
    1. Take a picture with a resolution of 1280x720 dpi.
    2. Save .bmp (use palette color, no rgb!) or .png format.
    3. Copy the image to a portable USB flash drive.
    4. Start the head unit and connect the flash drive, click the gear on the start screen, ie the settings menu.
    5. Go to the car setup (second menu item)
    6. Choose the lowest menu: About the Device.
    7. Click on the right side of the gear and use this code: 5678
    8. On the left, click the second search icon.
    9. This is when the logo on the USB flash drive appears, which you made.
    10. Tap the logo, then save.
    11. Re -start the head unit. This is important because if you only turn the key, it won't start again, just sleep.
    12. If you did everything well, it will work.
    I attach a model image, copy it to the USB Drive and try it. This is sure to work for me.
    Hello I recently bought a Junsun 4g + 64gb version, and I'm having some trouble.

On my unit sleep mode doesn't work how it's supposed to, after about 30minutes when I try to start the radio it will long boot I would like to set it to 3day like I had it on my other junsun unit but there is no option like that, only on and off. I checked the wiring and red and yellow cables are connected right.

Also I was wondering how did you guys make the settings menu in dark mode, i tried to force it through developer mode but that did not do nothing.

I received a MCU update from Junsun to fix my sleep issue if anyone is interested
    MCU before : MCU: TS-G5.201021(VHD)
    After : MCU: SS-G5.230529(VHD)

Untested but may work:

Put the logo on the root folder of an USB drive by naming it
    Code:
    tslogo.bmp
    tslogo.jpg
    or
    tslogo.png

Enter factory code 5678 and plug in the USB drive.
    Thank you. Succeeded, I copied the image to the USB Drive root folder. The correct size is 1280x720 and can be .BMP or .PNG format, the file name can be anything.
    Are there any other codes except 8888,8878,8877 to try?
    Use at your own risk !!!!

8888 - restricted settings menu
    8878 - full settings menu. Mostly what you're looking for.
    Additional info can be found here: https://xdaforums.com/t/junsun-v1-factory-settings.4282295/
    1111 - load monitoring
    0 - update (mcuupdate_num)
    1 - some menu (csudy_num)
    2 - barcode
    3 - another barcode 8938003992756585897
    4 - reboot
    5 - color setting
    6 - set a new random Bluetooth name
    7 -
    8 - gis whitelist reset
    9 - system notification: device activated (in Chinese)
    0129 - CAN DATA
    5555 - save settings
    1912 - factory setup
    1812 - shop setup
    12345678 - update_apk update MainUI
    3699 - update_apk2
    5699 - update_apk3
    7788 - atc_log (engineering menu of the 4G modem)
    8877 - atc_factory
    Menu for changing the cutoff (filter) frequencies for the sub and line outputs (relevant for those who use external amplification):
    Code 8877 ---> Audio ---> Scroll to Sound Effect ---> Bass (or Alto (Middle), Treble).
    And also there is a setting and the ability to completely disable Loudness.
    USB mode can be changed here if required, too.
    7758258 - obligatory mode !! do not enter !!! Complete crap going on
    5678 - changing the menu code logo
    3234 - apk_install_pwd
    Alternatively (untested!) restore the engineering menu settings to the factory settings.
    2134 - appinfo_id_num
    6666 - install_id_num
    7777 - install2_id_num
    1616 - display_id_num brightness
    2064 - testmode_id_num
    1414 - reboot_id_num
    9191 - destroy_id_root_num
    9090 - destroy_id_num
    1313 - radio_reset_num
    1101 - screenshot_num
    4321 - filedelete_num
    1234 - filecopy_num