Junsun V1 Pro MTK8259 4GB + 64GB Android 10 headunit

Search This thread

hurjup

Sep 29, 2021
Okay, let's start it over, it may need more explanation.

In the defense of the stock launcher I suspect some hidden development happened here, so I see now 8 "skins", without the stupid car animation. One of them looks promising, offering ten app shortcuts on each page and a big button to blank the screen.
I've mentioned that I have 3 buttons to sacrifice. Now they are assigned as 1) back 2) home screen 3) off. Combining it with the above mentioned skin I can pretty much switch to any application by 2 clicks.
My two biggest problems currently are
- VLC stops playing, Android Auto disconnects, ... when I invoke "off"
- I need to poke the touchscreen too

I've seen three different blank screen behavior:
a) off: blaNks screen + VLC stops playing. Available through SWC out of the box.
b) blaNk screen: blaNks screen + VLC continues playing. Available through the moon icon in the android status bar.
c) blaCk screen apps: Just something that paints screen black, but doesn't switch backlight off. Garbage.
I'm looking for a way to achieve b) functionality via SWC, instead of the a). Most probably it will work the same way as AppSwitcher; an app will be hacked in place of the GPS app. The moon icon and the alternative skin does the trick, so must be doable. The only thing is that I didn't find an app that does it or can be configured to do it.

Well, google research didn't come to an acceptable result, and honestly installing - configuring - de-installing every candidate I find on my own would consume more time I'm willing to afford.

That's why I was turning to collective consciousness. Is there a simple solution on the above? If not, is there a solution on it (like another launcher, etc)?
Noone?

specipez

Jan 23, 2023
Hello,

Do you know if there is another firmware version? because I recently bought this unit and my menu and options are different, the same problem I could read a few pages ago in a post.

For example mine doesn't have "car infotainment" and I cannot select the canbus (it works correctly, but I didn't choose the canbus)

Another question, my unit V1 pro is the one with physical buttons bellow the screen for Passat, is the same firmware valid for mine and for the ones with capacitive buttons at the left of the screen?

Regards

Gaga92i

Dec 27, 2021
Hello I think we should ask the seller or check the firmware already installed if it is indicated the model number?

specipez

Jan 23, 2023
Yes, of course you are right... but I installed the unit yesterday and I couldn't find the firmware version. Seller just says it has the last firmware installed.

I will try to find the model number or firmware version.

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
t.me
Realme GT 2 Pro
I've seen three different blank screen behavior:
a) off: blaNks screen + VLC stops playing. Available through SWC out of the box.
b) blaNk screen: blaNks screen + VLC continues playing. Available through the moon icon in the android status bar.
c) blaCk screen apps: Just something that paints screen black, but doesn't switch backlight off. Garbage.
I'm looking for a way to achieve b) functionality via SWC, instead of the a). Most probably it will work the same way as AppSwitcher; an app will be hacked in place of the GPS app. The moon icon and the alternative skin does the trick, so must be doable. The only thing is that I didn't find an app that does it or can be configured to do it.
I try to access the MCU by a custom software which can include the black screen. Please watch the threads

Currently I'm working on AppSwitcher to do a lot of improvements for non-Mtk8257 devices and I'm happy @Jetblack31 is supporting me massively - and not just using the app as or is. The idea of AppSwitcher is not to need a navigation (back, home and whatever) to switch between apps while you're on highway or cruising trough the city...

Junsuns core app MainUI is activating the screen as soon as you push a button:
Code:
public void DealKeyDim() {
        if (Mcu.GetIll() == 1 && StSet.GetBLIll() == 1) {
            if (Mcu.BklisOn() == 0) {
                Mcu.BklTurn();
                return;
            }
            int GetBLNight = StSet.GetBLNight();
            if (GetBLNight > 3) {
                StSet.SetBLNight(3);
            } else if (GetBLNight > 0) {
                StSet.SetBLNight(0);
            } else if (Mcu.BklisOn() == 1) {
                Mcu.BklTurn();
                StSet.SetBLNight(6);
            }
        } else if (Mcu.BklisOn() == 0) {
            Mcu.BklTurn();
[...]

The question is what's your goal by disabling the screen? Saving energy? A black overlay may not be the worst idea, especially the screen can remain black by pressing a key (e.g. to adjust volume).

hurjup

Sep 29, 2021
The question is what's your goal by disabling the screen? Saving energy? A black overlay may not be the worst idea, especially the screen can remain black by pressing a key (e.g. to adjust volume).
As you wrote in the other thread, the range of the backlight intensity may be limited by the UI. Your forthcoming app may be a long term solution one day. Anyway, currently it is still way too bright even with the lowest setting. By driving in the dark it annoys me more than it should.
Searching for a workaround, on one hand the screen with black screen apps is still too bright, and which I've seen were stupid too (didn't exit on touch). On the other hand the other, "off" functionality stops music playback, AA, and pretty much everything.
With the new skin (ah, "theme") I mentioned before, a big button comes with the proper dim functionality I'm looking for, and I'm fine with it basically. The only thing is that I can't control it by SWC. Something easy to live with.

Amongst the lines you answered my question at last: This kind of dim functionality is beyond control, can only be achieved by a hacky (custom software) way. Thank you for that! :)

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
t.me
Realme GT 2 Pro
As you wrote in the other thread, the range of the backlight intensity may be limited by the UI. Your forthcoming app may be a long term solution one day. Anyway, currently it is still way too bright even with the lowest setting. By driving in the dark it annoys me more than it should.
Searching for a workaround, on one hand the screen with black screen apps is still too bright, and which I've seen were stupid too (didn't exit on touch). On the other hand the other, "off" functionality stops music playback, AA, and pretty much everything.
With the new skin (ah, "theme") I mentioned before, a big button comes with the proper dim functionality I'm looking for, and I'm fine with it basically. The only thing is that I can't control it by SWC. Something easy to live with.

Amongst the lines you answered my question at last: This kind of dim functionality is beyond control, can only be achieved by a hacky (custom software) way. Thank you for that! :)
Most users are fighting with the same topics and it has a reason I added the dimming functionality to AppSwitcher.
The automatic dimming controlled by sunrise 🌅 /sunset 🌇 calculation works well on MTK8257 devices and for me even the better solution that a completely black screen.

Donmarco876

Jan 27, 2023
Good morning everyone,

i have a problem with the car radio just bought on aliexpress, and mounted on a fiat freemont 2011.

the car radio also manages the climate via canbus, not having physical buttons is essential to work well.

IMG_20230124_203532.jpgIMG_20230127_094904.jpgIMG_20230127_094850.jpgIMG_20230127_094604.jpgIMG_20230124_203835.jpg

the first problem is with the driver side seat heater, i activate it and after a few seconds it switches off, while the passenger side one works properly.

the second problem is with the parking sensors, as soon as the car is switched on it works, after a few seconds the malfunction light comes out on the on-board pc, and they no longer work.

IMG_20230127_094542.jpg

the third problem, I hope to solve it soon by inserting a filter, is the noise in the rear view camera...

IMG_20230127_094520.jpg

can anyone help me?

thanks!

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
t.me
Realme GT 2 Pro
Buongiorno a tutti,

ho un problema con l'autoradio appena comprata su aliexpress, e montata su fiat freemont 2011.

l'autoradio gestisce anche il clima tramite canbus, non avere pulsanti fisici è fondamentale per funzionare bene.
View attachment 5820943View attachment 5820955View attachment 5820953View attachment 5820945View attachment 5820951

il primo problema è con il riscaldatore sedile lato guida, lo attivo e dopo pochi secondi si spegne, mentre quello lato passeggero funziona correttamente.

View attachment 5820957

il secondo problema sono i sensori di parcheggio, appena si accende l'auto funziona, dopo pochi secondi si accende la spia di malfunzionamento sul pc di bordo, e non funziona più.

View attachment 5820949

il terzo problema, spero di risolverlo presto inserendo un filtro, è il rumore nella retrocamera...
View attachment 5820947

Qualcuno può aiutarmi?

Grazie!
The solution of your problem is:

誰が見てもわかるように、英語で書く。

Reactions: Obi_xD

Osga21

Aug 3, 2013
I have one of these units and the Autolink app just stopped working, stay on "Loading" for a few seconds then crashes.
I did a factory reset to the headunit and Autolink said the activation was successful, but I still got the same issue.

maxpan

Jan 31, 2023
hi! I just bought a p1 pro 4gb ram 64gb memory. I have some problems. I did not receive a description for the device. my reversing camera is not working well. the picture is flickering, not in color. does not show the reversing radar. it worked perfectly on a previous Chinese android head unit. where can I set the language? the car appears randomly from the top view and the nose of the car lights up red in the picture. (I don't have a radar in front).
20230131_180001.jpg

le_mi

Jul 30, 2016
hi! I just bought a p1 pro 4gb ram 64gb memory. I have some problems. I did not receive a description for the device. my reversing camera is not working well. the picture is flickering, not in color. does not show the reversing radar. it worked perfectly on a previous Chinese android head unit. where can I set the language? the car appears randomly from the top view and the nose of the car lights up red in the picture. (I don't have a radar in front).View attachment 5824687
You have to set it up in the factory settings (Code 8878).

le_mi

Jul 30, 2016
Yes there is an Option something with BACK with options for the cam and pdc.

Try the first option in cam type. This was the solution for me. I also had the flickered black white cam pic.

specipez

Jan 23, 2023
Your radio seems to be the same than mine, in my case it is a TS18 and I had the same problem, I changed from PAL to NTCS in rear cam menu.

I have the same problem with a car shown in the screen randomly, if you find the solution please tell because it is really annoying.

specipez

Jan 23, 2023
Another problem I would like to solve is that when listening USB music with Poweramp it never goes into mute when making or receiving a call.

maxpan

Jan 31, 2023
thanks, camera setup helped. ntcs was the solution. I don't know what I did, now the car is no longer displayed from the top view

loger

Apr 4, 2011
Hello everyone. Looking for a program that was installed on my junsun v1 pro 4 / 64 I do not remember what it was called but it's such an assistant robot on the screen. By accident, when turning on the radio, I wanted to clean the screen with my hand, I drove right and left on the screen and the recowery mode started, the radio reset, but this robot is gone. The only thing I noticed from the underwriter is that when reversing the music stops playing, early it was so that the music turned down and you could hear music and sound of reversing sensors. Thank you for your help.

le_mi

Jul 30, 2016
This is the absolutely useless Chinese assistant. That was the first thing I disabled. No one needs it.

Because of the sound and the reverse sensors you can look at the settings under car or sound setting. Maybe there is an option.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you know how to explain to me how you did it because I have a Junsun V1 plus 4g /64 with android 12 but I can't.
    Okay let's run again.
    1. Take a picture with a resolution of 1280x720 dpi.
    2. Save .bmp (use palette color, no rgb!) or .png format.
    3. Copy the image to a portable USB flash drive.
    4. Start the head unit and connect the flash drive, click the gear on the start screen, ie the settings menu.
    5. Go to the car setup (second menu item)
    6. Choose the lowest menu: About the Device.
    7. Click on the right side of the gear and use this code: 5678
    8. On the left, click the second search icon.
    9. This is when the logo on the USB flash drive appears, which you made.
    10. Tap the logo, then save.
    11. Re -start the head unit. This is important because if you only turn the key, it won't start again, just sleep.
    12. If you did everything well, it will work.
    I attach a model image, copy it to the USB Drive and try it. This is sure to work for me.
    Hello I recently bought a Junsun 4g + 64gb version, and I'm having some trouble.

On my unit sleep mode doesn't work how it's supposed to, after about 30minutes when I try to start the radio it will long boot I would like to set it to 3day like I had it on my other junsun unit but there is no option like that, only on and off. I checked the wiring and red and yellow cables are connected right.

Also I was wondering how did you guys make the settings menu in dark mode, i tried to force it through developer mode but that did not do nothing.

I received a MCU update from Junsun to fix my sleep issue if anyone is interested
    MCU before : MCU: TS-G5.201021(VHD)
    After : MCU: SS-G5.230529(VHD)

Untested but may work:

Put the logo on the root folder of an USB drive by naming it
    Code:
    tslogo.bmp
    tslogo.jpg
    or
    tslogo.png

Enter factory code 5678 and plug in the USB drive.
    Thank you. Succeeded, I copied the image to the USB Drive root folder. The correct size is 1280x720 and can be .BMP or .PNG format, the file name can be anything.
    Are there any other codes except 8888,8878,8877 to try?
    Use at your own risk !!!!

8888 - restricted settings menu
    8878 - full settings menu. Mostly what you're looking for.
    Additional info can be found here: https://xdaforums.com/t/junsun-v1-factory-settings.4282295/
    1111 - load monitoring
    0 - update (mcuupdate_num)
    1 - some menu (csudy_num)
    2 - barcode
    3 - another barcode 8938003992756585897
    4 - reboot
    5 - color setting
    6 - set a new random Bluetooth name
    7 -
    8 - gis whitelist reset
    9 - system notification: device activated (in Chinese)
    0129 - CAN DATA
    5555 - save settings
    1912 - factory setup
    1812 - shop setup
    12345678 - update_apk update MainUI
    3699 - update_apk2
    5699 - update_apk3
    7788 - atc_log (engineering menu of the 4G modem)
    8877 - atc_factory
    Menu for changing the cutoff (filter) frequencies for the sub and line outputs (relevant for those who use external amplification):
    Code 8877 ---> Audio ---> Scroll to Sound Effect ---> Bass (or Alto (Middle), Treble).
    And also there is a setting and the ability to completely disable Loudness.
    USB mode can be changed here if required, too.
    7758258 - obligatory mode !! do not enter !!! Complete crap going on
    5678 - changing the menu code logo
    3234 - apk_install_pwd
    Alternatively (untested!) restore the engineering menu settings to the factory settings.
    2134 - appinfo_id_num
    6666 - install_id_num
    7777 - install2_id_num
    1616 - display_id_num brightness
    2064 - testmode_id_num
    1414 - reboot_id_num
    9191 - destroy_id_root_num
    9090 - destroy_id_num
    1313 - radio_reset_num
    1101 - screenshot_num
    4321 - filedelete_num
    1234 - filecopy_num