Junsun V1 - Rescue the status bar

Search This thread

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
t.me
Realme GT 2 Pro
As soon as I start an app which was installed by myself the Android status bar is hidden:

IMG_20210715_193530.jpg

That's not the case if I start an pre-installed app like Radio, Playstore, Settings.

Any idea what I can do? Already tried to change immersive settings via ADB but the device ignores those changes

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
t.me
Realme GT 2 Pro
Latest firmwares still giving no option to keep the status bar visibility on top of apps installed by yourself.
Does anyone have an idea how to change this? Or at least how this was implemented by the head unit manufacturers?

demolite

Aug 8, 2022
There is a workaround.

I use old app "Status Bar Keeper". It's not on Play Store anymore, so be careful when downloading from 3rd party sources. Best way is to always disassemble and check for malicious code.

There are some problems though:

- In some apps status bar covers some functions (BlackPlayer for example)

- Google Play Store, you cannot install apps without first setting status bar "OFF" (Google security feature to not draw over the store display)

I'm also looking into the original software to find a real solution, but haven't found anything yet. I also tried setting immersive mode settings through ADB, but they don't seem to do anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: TorstenH

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
t.me
Realme GT 2 Pro
First thank you for your feedback because in meantime I thought I'm the only one who wants to have the statusbar visible.

I think you're talking about this app:
IMG_20220809_142532.jpg

I'll give it a try. Looks like the app is showing a window with negative size and specific layout parameters to make the status bar visible.

I tried to set immersive mode and decompiled several apps without success.

Reactions: demolite

demolite

Aug 8, 2022
We are very few, 99,9% of search results and android documentation concentrate on hiding the status bar.

That is the app I am talking about. I want to have the clock shown always, and also I get oudoor temperature through can to show on the status bar.

I will keep working on this and keep you posted.

demolite

Aug 8, 2022
This sounds to me so much like an immersive mode setting where all apps are on "full" with "-com.ts" exception. Have you been able to "get" any global policy_control settings from the unit? I get only an error. Command to "put" goes through but can't see if it changed.

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
t.me
Realme GT 2 Pro
This sounds to me so much like an immersive mode setting where all apps are on "full" with "-com.ts" exception. Have you been able to "get" any global policy_control settings from the unit? I get only an error. Command to "put" goes through but can't see if it changed.
I will try that later. Are you using Adb in superuser mode?
But my assumption is the Chinese friends hard coded that into one of the (system) apps. Because they modified a lot of the system apps (e.g. to hide one of their app activity in the recent task list).
Additionally com.android seems to "be on the exception list", too. Because Google apps have the statusbar on top.

demolite

Aug 8, 2022
Yes, adb in superuser mode. And like you said Google apps seem to be also on the list. I have yet to dump all system files.

demolite

Aug 8, 2022
I was able to see the settings by listing them all, not individually. The settings for immersive modes were blank, and changing them I could make all apps hide the status bar, but not show it on the ones that didn't already. So I guess that rules out the Android settings and leaves the services and apps...

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
t.me
Realme GT 2 Pro
I was able to see the settings by listing them all, not individually. The settings for immersive modes were blank, and changing them I could make all apps hide the status bar, but not show it on the ones that didn't already. So I guess that rules out the Android settings and leaves the services and apps...
Unfortunately I was unable to find the responsible service until now. I hope you have more luck... or expertise.

demolite

Aug 8, 2022
I'm no professional, but I might have found something. I was looking through logcat for anything status bar related and found that every time MainUI apps lose focus, an intent is broadcast.

StatusBar
onReceive: Intent { act=android.intent.action.CLOSE_SYSTEM_DIALOGS flg=0x50000010 (has extras) }

I went to look online what this means and found a chinese script from github

禁用通知栏disable StatusBar

Maybe you can find the intents broadcaster?

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
t.me
Realme GT 2 Pro
I'm no professional, but I might have found something. I was looking through logcat for anything status bar related and found that every time MainUI apps lose focus, an intent is broadcast.

StatusBar
onReceive: Intent { act=android.intent.action.CLOSE_SYSTEM_DIALOGS flg=0x50000010 (has extras) }

I went to look online what this means and found a chinese script from github

禁用通知栏disable StatusBar

Maybe you can find the intents broadcaster?
I will have a look on it but "notification window shade" sounds for me like the pulled down (expanded) status bar:

IMG_20220810_192002.jpg

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
t.me
Realme GT 2 Pro
A few weeks ago I found log entries from StatusBar and StatusBarKeyguardManager but I wasn't able to find the trigger.

1660152267514.jpg

(sorry for the cropped screenshot)

demolite

Aug 8, 2022
I will have a look on it but "notification window shade" sounds for me like the pulled down (expanded) status bar:

View attachment 5682357

This is what I thought also, but the script is oddly specific. Maybe this is a "glitch" to close the status bar or maybe it's nothing. I'll look into it closer tomorrow; I have to get adb working on a laptop, this is as far as I can go on my phone.

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
t.me
Realme GT 2 Pro
I deactivated the activity com.ts.MainUI/com.ts.MainActivity.
--> no change in behavior of statusbar

Seen there was a process com.ts.MainUI.Overlay running but I wasn't able to find it in code base of MainUI

Reactions: demolite

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I created a hello wold application with package name com.ts.whatever

The statusbar is visible so the head unit decides, based on the package name (starting with com.ts) of the foreground app, to show/hide the statusbar.

IMG_20220810_080233.jpg
    Found in /system/framework/framework.jar/android/app/Activity

public void onWindowAttributesChanged(WindowManager.LayoutParams params) {
    View decor;
    params.flags &= -8193;
    int myDirect = SystemProperties.getInt("forfan.force_direct", 1);
    if (myDirect == 1 || myDirect == 3) {
    String packageName = getPackageName();
    if (!packageName.contains("com.ts.") && !packageName.contains("com.autochips.") && !packageName.contains("com.forfan.") && !packageName.contains("com.tengshi.") && !packageName.contains("com.android.") && !packageName.contains("com.google.") && !packageName.equals("com.xrross.xlauncher") && !packageName.equals("com.ex.dabplayer.pad") && !packageName.equals("com.estrongs.android.pop")) {
    params.flags |= 1024;
    }
    }
    if (this.mParent == null && (decor = this.mDecor) != null && decor.getParent() != null) {
    getWindowManager().updateViewLayout(decor, params);
    ContentCaptureManager contentCaptureManager = this.mContentCaptureManager;
    if (contentCaptureManager != null) {
    contentCaptureManager.updateWindowAttributes(params);
    }
    }
    }
    There is a workaround.

I use old app "Status Bar Keeper". It's not on Play Store anymore, so be careful when downloading from 3rd party sources. Best way is to always disassemble and check for malicious code.

There are some problems though:

- In some apps status bar covers some functions (BlackPlayer for example)

- Google Play Store, you cannot install apps without first setting status bar "OFF" (Google security feature to not draw over the store display)

I'm also looking into the original software to find a real solution, but haven't found anything yet. I also tried setting immersive mode settings through ADB, but they don't seem to do anything.
    First thank you for your feedback because in meantime I thought I'm the only one who wants to have the statusbar visible.

I think you're talking about this app:
    IMG_20220809_142532.jpg

I'll give it a try. Looks like the app is showing a window with negative size and specific layout parameters to make the status bar visible.

I tried to set immersive mode and decompiled several apps without success.
    At least I leave my SOS written, and rest in mine for a while.
    If you really need help it would be better to shorten your messages, being less emotional and formulare clear questions.