Junsun V1 - TWRP, Root, Discussion and more. (AC8227L) (Android 8.1) (2GB + 32GB)

Search This thread

Sezgin 2

Sep 15, 2021
UI1/2/3/4/.... is the kind of launcher. Your UI4 launcher will change to UI3 (the photo of the launcher is above on the page).
I understand. So if I install the software, there is no problem with the device.

This is the home screen of my device.

110000012629297.jpg

RadianTOR

Apr 17, 2015
Hi all !
I have a trouble with entering to twrp recovery.
When i reboot my device from terminal "system/bin/reboot recovery", always ok and i enter to twrp. But if i reboot device with reset button and try to intere in twrp with 5 finger method, it enter to twrp for 3 seconds and boot system :(
Why?

iscle

Apr 19, 2014
Barcelona
Hi all !
When i reboot my device from terminal "system/bin/reboot recovery", always ok and i enter to twrp. But if i reboot device with reset button and try to intere in twrp with 5 finger method, it enter to twrp for 3 seconds and boot system :(
Why?
I have no idea, I didn't even know there was a way to enter recovery that way... I always used "adb reboot recovery"

Reactions: RadianTOR

RadianTOR

Apr 17, 2015
I have no idea, I didn't even know there was a way to enter recovery that way... I always used "adb reboot recovery"
What if device in bootloop? Adb command work in that situation?
Last week I catch bootloop, and could't restore system from backup :( . Device restored only with full reflash.

RoGueMS

Jun 29, 2022
I have a Junsun V1 2Gb 32Gb Wifi 4G it came with Android "9.0" that is really 8.1, can someone tell me if it's updatable or so? I cannot connect my phone to the car since Android 10 came out nothing works. I'm going crazy with this I only see updates on v1 pro firmware

Last edited:

RadianTOR

Apr 17, 2015
I have a Junsun V1 2Gb 32Gb Wifi 4G it came with Android "9.0" that is really 8.1, can someone tell me if it's updatable or so? I cannot connect my phone to the car since Android 10 came out nothing works. I'm going crazy with this I only see updates on v1 pro firmware
Try this firmware
Post in thread 'Junsun V1 - TWRP, Root, Discussion and more. (AC8227L) (Android 8.1) (2GB + 32GB)' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...7l-android-8-1-2gb-32gb.4192003/post-86384957
I test it, and it work on Junsun v1 2x32 dsp
Oh, sorry, above firmware for junsun withot 4G.
About bluetooth... try connect other phone, maybe problem in the phone, because i have't problem with old firmware too.

RoGueMS

Jun 29, 2022
Try this firmware
Post in thread 'Junsun V1 - TWRP, Root, Discussion and more. (AC8227L) (Android 8.1) (2GB + 32GB)' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...7l-android-8-1-2gb-32gb.4192003/post-86384957
I test it, and it work on Junsun v1 2x32 dsp
Oh, sorry, above firmware for junsun withot 4G.
About bluetooth... try connect other phone, maybe problem in the phone, because i have't problem with old firmware too.
My unit is a:

Junsun Android 8.1 Intel Airmont eight-core 1.8GHz SC9853i (2GB RAM, 32GB flash)​

According to Junsun there is not firmware to update and its not possible to use Android Auto on that unit..

It came with a app called Easy Connect but it never recognizes any of my phones connected with USB. Any app recommendations?

marcusseco78

Nov 13, 2014
Good evening everyone!

I recently bought a Junsun V1 head unit for my Golf 7. I specifically chose it because of the AC8227L SOC, which is a renamed MT8127. It includes a few more peripherals that are useful in car infotainment systems, but the core is identical.

I'm in the process of creating a new firmware from scratch, to replace the chinglish, buggy stock one. However, I have not succeeded yet.

What I have done so far is create a TWRP image for it, completely from source, using the prebuilt kernel. It's available here (any mirrors will be appreciated and linked in this post):
https://mega.nz/file/1Gp2gJ5S#gAxcP1WK8nwXivYTpAlyEsWNoWwNZBZ8VTs3fm57gEc

I have also dumped the firmware from the 2GB + 32GB version: https://mega.nz/file/hXhEjTab#AowvrX36nn9rXIkeu_zgnGmLyDxtiSUSWswwmXcN46k

To install install TWRP simply put it on the "RECOVERY" section in SP Flash Tool using the scatter and preloader provided in the firmware dump. Uncheck everything else and press flash.
You'll need a type-a to type-a USB cable connected to the 4-pin USB connector (not the 6-pin), and then give power to the unit.

Any other information about the device, serial communication between android and the MCU, decompiled apps, modified apps, etc are also welcome!

I hope this is useful for somebody.

UPDATE 07-01-2021:
I've been reverse engineering the MainUI apk for a week now. I've extracted the MCU communication protocol, now I'm trying to extract the DSP protocol, and CAN will be next.
The touch buttons on the left side of the unit is managed by this .apk as well, and that has already been reverse engineered, only the implementation has to be done with the available API I wrote.

All help is welcome. You can find the source code in github. The important work is being done in native libraries, the java stuff is useless right now. https://github.com/Iscle/MainUI

Hi folks ... I don't make the SPflash tools recognize my head unit (purchased by name TwinCan on Brazil). I try to stabilish connection with the head unit power off, power on and during reset. The cable is good quality. MK driver is installed.

The only way that I find to update the machine is use "update_ty.zip" on update section of android settings...

I want to change the firmware to Junsun firmware that is more smoothly and with have a Android auto native support... The actual is to slow on Google maps, Waze, Spotify and YouTube....

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20220611_105549.jpg
    20220611_105549.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 20220611_105517.jpg
    20220611_105517.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 20220611_105508.jpg
    20220611_105508.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 20220610_181516.jpg
    20220610_181516.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 25

strade

Sep 5, 2008
Hi to all.
I updated my head unit with 8227L_8军灿UI03-国外10_v21_20211130 , and all went well except the UI interface is covering only part of my screen. My resolution is 1280x720.
Can anyone help?

Attachments

• UI.jpg
    UI.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good evening everyone!

I recently bought a Junsun V1 head unit for my Golf 7. I specifically chose it because of the AC8227L SOC, which is a renamed MT8127. It includes a few more peripherals that are useful in car infotainment systems, but the core is identical.

I'm in the process of creating a new firmware from scratch, to replace the chinglish, buggy stock one. However, I have not succeeded yet.

What I have done so far is create a TWRP image for it, completely from source, using the prebuilt kernel. It's available here (any mirrors will be appreciated and linked in this post):
    https://mega.nz/file/1Gp2gJ5S#gAxcP1WK8nwXivYTpAlyEsWNoWwNZBZ8VTs3fm57gEc

I have also dumped the firmware from the 2GB + 32GB version: https://mega.nz/file/hXhEjTab#AowvrX36nn9rXIkeu_zgnGmLyDxtiSUSWswwmXcN46k

To install install TWRP simply put it on the "RECOVERY" section in SP Flash Tool using the scatter and preloader provided in the firmware dump. Uncheck everything else and press flash.
    You'll need a type-a to type-a USB cable connected to the 4-pin USB connector (not the 6-pin), and then give power to the unit.

Any other information about the device, serial communication between android and the MCU, decompiled apps, modified apps, etc are also welcome!

I hope this is useful for somebody.

UPDATE 07-01-2021:
    I've been reverse engineering the MainUI apk for a week now. I've extracted the MCU communication protocol, now I'm trying to extract the DSP protocol, and CAN will be next.
    The touch buttons on the left side of the unit is managed by this .apk as well, and that has already been reverse engineered, only the implementation has to be done with the available API I wrote.

All help is welcome. You can find the source code in github. The important work is being done in native libraries, the java stuff is useless right now. https://github.com/Iscle/MainUI
    If anyone needs, i got newest firmware to 8227L V1 2G/32GB version

Okay, I've been digging through the firmware to see where the f*** the programmers set most apps to fullscreen mode, and finally found it. In case any of you, like me, does not want to force fullscreen for all apps, you have to set this setting in /vendor/build.prop or /system/build.prop:

forfan.force_fullscreen=0

It took me a few hours to find, so hopefully nobody else has to go through the pain again :p
    Magisk works just fine, I actually recommend it over SuperSU, as SuperSU is practically obsolete nowadays.

Also, no need to unlock the bootloader, just flash the recovery image as I explained on the first post.
    Hi all !
    Why?