Question Just bought a GT 2 Pro CN version. I have questions for those who own the phone.

Search This thread

themagicalmage22

Oct 17, 2015
1. Does it have Google services on the Chinese version so we can use the Play Store?
2. What issues does the CN rom have when you're using it outside of China? Does it support 5G in your place?
3. How has the battery been with light usage (social media, YT, music, reading) and heavy usage (gaming for hours, high brightness most of the time)?
4. If you were to flash the Global rom version in the CN version, can you receive OTA's?
5. How great is the display? Do you feel the 1440p LTPO 2.0 difference? Is it readable under direct sunlight?
6. How good does the cameras, both rear and front, take photos?
7. Is the Steel Black version more durable than the Paper White?
8. Has anyone tried underclocking the CPU in exchange for more battery?

Thank you for those who will reply. I hope the future buyers or owners of this device will use this a guide when it does have answers.

Last edited:

BLUuuE83

Dec 21, 2013
Realme GT 2 Pro
1. Does it have Google services so we can use the Play Store?
2. What issues does the CN rom have when you're using it outside of China? Does it support 5G in your place?
3. How has the battery been with light usage (social media, YT, music, reading) and heavy usage (gaming for hours, high brightness most of the time)?
4. If you were to flash the Global rom version in the CN version, can you receive OTA's?
5. How great is the display? Do you feel the 1440p LTPO 2.0 difference? Is it readable under direct sunlight?
6. How good does the cameras, both rear and front, take photos?
7. Is the Steel Black version more durable than the Paper White?
8. Has anyone tried underclocking the CPU in exchange for more battery?

Thank you for those who will reply. I hope the future buyers or owners of this device will use this a guide when it does have answers.
1. Yes
2. Haven't experienced anything so far. Don't have 5G
3. Light usage has been at least 6hrs SOT but Accubattery says 10hrs SOT estimated. I'm running 120Hz and have underclocked my CPU and GPU with FKM. I don't game so I can't give any info about that.
4. Yes
5. It's works fine under sunlight. 120Hz is a must for me now that I've experienced it. LTPO2 preferred since it can drop the refresh rate to save battery
6. I don't take photos often but with GCam it works good enough for me
7. Most people use a case so I doubt this matters
8. Yes, see 3.

themagicalmage22

Oct 17, 2015
D
1. Yes
3. Light usage has been at least 6hrs SOT but Accubattery says 10hrs SOT estimated. I'm running 120Hz and have underclocked my CPU and GPU with FKM. I don't game so I can't give any info about that.
4. Yes
5. It's works fine under sunlight. 120Hz is a must for me now that I've experienced it. LTPO2 preferred since it can drop the refresh rate to save battery
8. Yes, see 3.
On 2, do you not have 5G because your country or sim doesn't support it, or is it because the phone doesn't let you have 5G?

D

Deleted member 1755208

I'm not on a 5G plan but I don't see why it wouldn't work since it has all the bands needed for 5G
for you to use 5g, u need 5g plan, also 5g sim
if your network provider provides 5g
if not, your phone will use 4g
your phone will not use 5g, if your mobile provider doesn't provide or support 5g

i have 5g check photo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-26-17-48-36-26_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a (1).jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-26-17-48-36-26_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a (1).jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 7

themagicalmage22

Oct 17, 2015
1. Yes
4. Yes
8. Yes, see 3.
Hi I just got the device and it's heating up real good. I just got it out the box and fiddled with the settings and it heat up badly. It's currently updating, but I wanted to ask how you underclocked your CPU and GPU? Is it rooted? If yes, how did you root it? If not, how did you do it?

BLUuuE83

Dec 21, 2013
Realme GT 2 Pro
Hi I just got the device and it's heating up real good. I just got it out the box and fiddled with the settings and it heat up badly. It's currently updating, but I wanted to ask how you underclocked your CPU and GPU? Is it rooted? If yes, how did you root it? If not, how did you do it?
I unlocked the bootloader following this guide:
I needed to update to the latest version before deep testing would work

I installed the global ROM with the Magisk patched boot image with this guide:

Magisk will come preinstalled as "Alpha"

After that, I just installed Franco Kernel Manager and limited the maximum frequency of all the core clusters