• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Just bought a xiaomi mi 10t lite. Some questions...

Search This thread

Knorrigbollen

Sep 4, 2017
Hello!!

As the title says, I have just bought a xaomi MI 10t lite. Absolutely wonderful phone in my opinion.

Always root my phones but simply consider skipping it this time.

But if I would like to do it anyway, I have some questions.

1. Is it difficult to root this device?

2. Which rum would you recommend? I want a fast phone that works well to play with. It does not matter if it takes a lot of batteries.

3. Read a bit and saw there were lots of tools. Which tools are best to use, it does not happen that xiaomi has been so forward-thinking that they create their own software to do this?

Have a good night my fellow geeks!
//knorrigbollen Sweden

Edit: sorry haven't learned to write on the phone yet so had to edit some spelling screw ups.

Reactions: wallah

heatti

May 6, 2012
I haven't looked into rooting this device yet. I don't know how many rom's are currently developed for this phone but I would recommend xiaomi.eu stable rom.

The only hurdle is unlocking the bootloader, you need to use unlock tool provided by Xiaomi. The unlock tool comes with a wait time, I had to wait for about ~2 weeks before I could unlock but wait time can vary. After unlocking the bootloader it's pretty much basic adb procedures and install script's to flash a rom.

I'm just starting to look into TWRP for this device, looks like it's still being developed but should be ready to use.

Just check out the guide's you can find online during your unlock waiting time and you should be golden. Greetings from your neighbor ~FIN ;)

Reactions: ChriMo and Frxhb

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
@Knorrigbollen
1. easy to root, just unlock the bootloader, patch stock boot.img from Magisk Manager and flash it in fastboot. No TWRP required (even if it's available).
2. stock ROM is nice, once you remove/block most of MIUI apps. No ads, no tracking, responsive, next to no bugs. Personally I see absolutely no reason to switch to another ROM, I appreciate included Google apps.
3. you need to use Xiaomi tool to unlock the bootloader (where you need to wait 2 weeks to be able to do that). You can use this nice GUI to "debloat" MIUI apps https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools, but standard Android fastboot/adb tools work very well.

Z3RO2K

Jan 2, 2011
Manchester
Personally I'm loving the MIUI, it has some great features, they thought of a lot of little things. I too always root my devices but this time I have not. I would only do a basic root using Magisk/TWRP official when/if it comes out so that I can mod my apps/games and block ads etc.

Frxhb

Feb 24, 2018
Huawei P9 Lite
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Magisk is working on this device since release of the phone and TWRP has been released a couple of weeks ago as well. There is not much left to wait for.. :)
oh that is really good to hear!

Well I am back into android now for 1 month, I used to root back in 2017 my Huawei p9 lite and in 2015 my Samsung Galaxy S3. Now I dont know how to start with, cause my last phone was iPhone 7 (yea, shame on me; Jailbreak is nothing to compare with root). Is there a good step by step instruction of how to root my phone?
Thanks in advance; greetings from Germany and sorry for mistkaes in spelling.
Francesco

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite

Well I am back into android now for 1 month, I used to root back in 2017 my Huawei p9 lite and in 2015 my Samsung Galaxy S3. Now I dont know how to start with, cause my last phone was iPhone 7 (yea, shame on me; Jailbreak is nothing to compare with root). Is there a good step by step instruction of how to root my phone?
Francesco
My preferred way:
1. unlock the bootloader
2. patch your own boot.img (or use one from this topic https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-stock-and-magisk-patched-boot-images.4201597/)
3. hotboot patched boot.img and install Magisk from Magisk manager (this will create a backup of stock boot image, which will come in handy for OTA updates)
4. that's it :)

P.S. you will have two weeks waiting period for the bootloader unlocking, so plenty of time to read how Magisk/systemless mods work now

Reactions: Frxhb

Frxhb

Feb 24, 2018
Huawei P9 Lite
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
My preferred way:
1. unlock the bootloader
2. patch your own boot.img (or use one from this topic https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-stock-and-magisk-patched-boot-images.4201597/)
3. hotboot patched boot.img and install Magisk from Magisk manager (this will create a backup of stock boot image, which will come in handy for OTA updates)

P.S. you will have two weeks waiting period for the bootloader unlocking, so plenty of time to read how Magisk/systemless mods work now
thank you very much. I think I ll start now with unlocking my bootloader.

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Not officially it's not. Until I see it listed as supported here: https://twrp.me/Devices/Xiaomi/ with reports of it being functional I'm not touching unofficial. I see reports on that one posted with various issues.
That's of course completely up to you. On my previous phones I had issues even with "official" TWRP which never got fixed. Unofficial or custom builds were usually more stable for me and obviously available much faster than the official build.

Anyway, the fact is, that Magisk is out since day 1 and TWRP was released unofficially recently, so anyone who want's to do some modding is free to go. TWRP for rooting is optional and I personally don't use it at all.

fizzy900

Not officially it's not. Until I see it listed as supported here: https://twrp.me/Devices/Xiaomi/ with reports of it being functional I'm not touching unofficial. I see reports on that one posted with various issues.
The TWRP looks weird but it's completely fine, used unofficial builds on most of my devices and they've been better than official ones. I get your point though

the incredible

Aug 15, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
it should be official now..
I am in kind of same situation. I bought a mi10t lite from amazon, once it arrived home I noticed that it is vodafone brand with old miu and security version update..

I want an official europe version and block again the phone in order to have everything like original.
I applied for the xiaomi official unlock but it will take at least a week..
Any way to do it NOW ?
Thanks,
D.

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
it should be official now..
I am in kind of same situation. I bought a mi10t lite from amazon, once it arrived home I noticed that it is vodafone brand with old miu and security version update..

I want an official europe version and block again the phone in order to have everything like original.
I applied for the xiaomi official unlock but it will take at least a week..
Any way to do it NOW ?
Thanks,
D.
Nope, none of the methods/tips for quick unlock are working, you just have to wait. Also I would advise to use the phone a little during the waiting time to avoid further delay in unlocking (I read many reports mentioning longer waiting times when they kept their phone in the drawer for the whole week).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I haven't looked into rooting this device yet. I don't know how many rom's are currently developed for this phone but I would recommend xiaomi.eu stable rom.

The only hurdle is unlocking the bootloader, you need to use unlock tool provided by Xiaomi. The unlock tool comes with a wait time, I had to wait for about ~2 weeks before I could unlock but wait time can vary. After unlocking the bootloader it's pretty much basic adb procedures and install script's to flash a rom.

I'm just starting to look into TWRP for this device, looks like it's still being developed but should be ready to use.

Just check out the guide's you can find online during your unlock waiting time and you should be golden. Greetings from your neighbor ~FIN ;)
    Hello!!

As the title says, I have just bought a xaomi MI 10t lite. Absolutely wonderful phone in my opinion.

Always root my phones but simply consider skipping it this time.

But if I would like to do it anyway, I have some questions.

1. Is it difficult to root this device?

2. Which rum would you recommend? I want a fast phone that works well to play with. It does not matter if it takes a lot of batteries.

3. Read a bit and saw there were lots of tools. Which tools are best to use, it does not happen that xiaomi has been so forward-thinking that they create their own software to do this?

Have a good night my fellow geeks!
    //knorrigbollen Sweden

Edit: sorry haven't learned to write on the phone yet so had to edit some spelling screw ups.

Francesco
    My preferred way:
    1. unlock the bootloader