Just curious, people are getting lineage 19 on 2013 Nexus Tablets. With superior hardware, what prevents the HDX from getting it?

Search This thread

Hogansbridge

Oct 26, 2015
I'm moderately technical but by no means remotely able to code anything but VB macros. However, it would seem that some kind of mishmash of working 14.1 hardware drivers and 19 code could be built. But let's assume we want to get OS 18 instead since it is a mature ans stable platform (I want to eliminate any "OS19 isn't even available for blah blah" responses). Is it just lack of testers and coders? Or is it deeper than that (eg proprietary hardware drivers can't be made to to meet higher security standards of the core os, or the kernal can't be developed, the bootloader cant run with new code and nobody knows how to code the bootloader outside of amazon etc...). Don't tell me it's the 2GB ROM issue because others have overcome that problem. Is it the pesky WiFi/Bluetooth chip? The working 14.1 drivers for Bluetooth/Wifi don't play well with a newer os? Aren't these all issue that can be overcome? Bottom line: is it lack of developers and testers that really prevents this or is there truly a limitation? I'm sorry to ask but I'm running stable 14.1, and that seemed impossible early on. If OS 18 (Android 11) can run on and inferior chipset, it would seem it could run on a Snapdragon 800.

Last edited: