• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Just downgraded to One UI 3.1

Search This thread

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
To get into bootloader mode just power down, wait about 5-10 seconds, press volume up and down and connect to (the in the PC) usb cable and you`re done. Just a tip.

Reactions: hanifh

Jfunkey

Dec 2, 2021
And everything work flawlessly compared to One Ui 4, no lags, no shutter animations, free of bugs.
Can't believe how Samsung released this new update with so much bugs.
They really dropped the ball and I'm gonna have to do the same if the patch isn't out soon. Any advice for a newbie? Main question I have is will I need to dump my data back onto the phone after this? Or do I have the option to preserve my data on the device itself so I don't have to dump from backup? Of course, I'm going do a backup the device just in case. I really just want to know what I'm about to dive into.

Last edited:
To downgrade what firmware should I download...I m a bit confused. I m in Usa and have an unlocked version. From sammobile website it has att, tmo, verizon etc but i dont see the unlocked? Couple other options say TMK and USC...no idea what those mean. Any Ideas?

EDIT: NVM figured it out. There is a thread on here with U1 firmware which is for unlocked variant. However Home CSC gave me an error and phone wouldnt boot. But there was an option for factory reset, did that and booted fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jfunkey

Bxperiaz3

May 19, 2015
Quick question, updated to 12. Not happy with the lag and other aspects. If I backup my phone with smart switch and then try to revert to 11, can I restore my data?

Jfunkey

Dec 2, 2021
To downgrade what firmware should I download...I m a bit confused. I m in Usa and have an unlocked version. From sammobile website it has att, tmo, verizon etc but i dont see the unlocked? Couple other options say TMK and USC...no idea what those mean. Any Ideas?

EDIT: NVM figured it out. There is a thread on here with U1 firmware which is for unlocked variant. However Home CSC gave me an error and phone wouldnt boot. But there was an option for factory reset, did that and booted fine.
Could you get me a link to that? I have the US unlocked variant as well. Could really use the help.

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
Great news, also just as important I changed my phone wallpaper and may consider using Google Messages for a bit.

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
You guys tried the BUKG? it's working flawlessly for me. No stuttering animations, lovely colors customization, frame drop has been fixed, no battery drain

kaplaey2

Dec 12, 2007
I am considering to Downgrade also,
just can't stand the fact that a basic functionality like Google Play Store is not working correctly,

I've applied the December Patch pushed by Samsung, would i be able to downgrade (Clean) to Android 11 with the ODIN method? it is mentioned that uses who applied the latest security Patch may fail to downgrade.

I have the latest BUL1 Release, and Model SM-G998B

Last edited:

i9apps

Sep 1, 2011
I am considering to Downgrade also,
just can't stand the fact that a basic functionality like Google Play Store is not working correctly,

I've applied the December Patch pushed by Samsung, would i be able to downgrade (Clean) to Android 11 with the ODIN method? it is mentioned that uses who applied the latest security Patch may fail to downgrade.

I have the latest BUL1 Release, and Model SM-G998B
Yes, you will be able to downgrade. just did it myself.

Reactions: kaplaey2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just updated to android 12 and I have extreme battery drain. Allready tried wipe cache and optimize apps in recovery. It doen't help...In Android 11 my battery last almost 2 days, now I get only 8-10 hours. I am considering to downgrade.
    Now, maybe a stupid question. With official firmware downgrade, Knox will be trigered ? I use google pay and don't want to loose this functionality. Also it will factory reset the phone? Should I backup my personal data to a external memory ?
    Thank's
    If you flash official firmware via Odin, it will not trip Knox.

Phone will be factory reset with Android version downgrade.

After the process is done, it will behave like a new phone taken out of the box. All apps including Gpay will work fine.

Yes, entire phone memory will be wiped. Back up your important files on external media. Try to avoid restoring apps and app data (backed up while on A12) on to an A11 setup, if you want to avoid problems.

I went from BUKG to AUJ7 with a factory reset and fresh set-up and the phone just flies through everything.
    Users are stating unlocked devices are bootloader locked after the latest update. Thankfully I've held off, the more I read about Android 12, the less likely I am ever going to download it. Epic Fail for Google and Samsung!
    What this mean?
    Can't go back to Android 11 from BULC?
    Not from BULC, but from BULF (released today).

BULF update have new bootloader version (U4 instead U3).
    Feeling good that I didn't upgrade to One UI to 3.1 still having 2.0 version and it works still good.
    I don't know how you managed that. The S21 Ultra shipped with Android 11 and never had OneUI 2.0 software on it.
    And everything work flawlessly compared to One Ui 4, no lags, no shutter animations, free of bugs.
    Can't believe how Samsung released this new update with so much bugs.
    You say 12 is full of bugs, I haven't experienced anything since the beta's and am getting incredible SOT time
    I agree. Would you please give me instruction to how to downgrade firmware?
    the instuctions:
    Users are stating unlocked devices are bootloader locked after the latest update. Thankfully I've held off, the more I read about Android 12, the less likely I am ever going to download it. Epic Fail for Google and Samsung!
    I just updated to android 12 and I have extreme battery drain. Allready tried wipe cache and optimize apps in recovery. It doen't help...In Android 11 my battery last almost 2 days, now I get only 8-10 hours. I am considering to downgrade.
    Now, maybe a stupid question. With official firmware downgrade, Knox will be trigered ? I use google pay and don't want to loose this functionality. Also it will factory reset the phone? Should I backup my personal data to a external memory ?
    Thank's
    If you flash official firmware via Odin, it will not trip Knox.

Phone will be factory reset with Android version downgrade.

After the process is done, it will behave like a new phone taken out of the box. All apps including Gpay will work fine.

Yes, entire phone memory will be wiped. Back up your important files on external media. Try to avoid restoring apps and app data (backed up while on A12) on to an A11 setup, if you want to avoid problems.

I went from BUKG to AUJ7 with a factory reset and fresh set-up and the phone just flies through everything.