just few questions with my old rk3188t tablet

Search This thread

United Kim

May 6, 2021
Hello. I have my old tablet based on rk3188t with 1GB RAM and android 4.4. The model is WM-BR8150.
It's made for the education so it is really slow.
this can't even run the educational app properly. So im trying to upgrade the android version and i think it would perform much better than before.
But i couldn't find any firmwares for this model.

here is the official spec from the manufacturer, but it's in Korean language so i have taranslated it below.

con1_8150_9.jpg

SO my questions are:
1. Is it possible to upgrade the android version in this tablet?
2. Will it become more faster than before?
3. If avobe questions are positive, what are the procedures to upgrade?

#rk3188

D

Deleted member 1890170

IMO how fast an Android device runs basically isn't related to Android version in use, but mainly depends on its hardware components like CPU/GPU, RAM & monitor, and, not to forget, utilization of device's internal storage medium.

Also, Android can get speed up if it gets de-googled.

United Kim

May 6, 2021
IMO how fast an Android device runs basically isn't related to Android version in use, but mainly depends on its hardware components like CPU/GPU, RAM & monitor, and, not to forget, utilization of device's internal storage medium.

Also, Android can get speed up if it gets de-googled.
Thanks for the replay. I just rooted this tablet and installed some apps to increase the performance like setcpu.
But it is still slow. I cant degoogle it since im using few google apps too.. Also i have some few apps to run in this tablet but because of old android version, i cannot install those apps. It would be great if i can upgrade to androd 5 or 6.

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 1890170

I'm pretty sure upgrading Android will not speed up this tabet. But of course you can do so if you find the needed suitable softwares as these are: Custom Recovery and Custom ROM.