General Just FYI - New OnePlus 9 Pro prices shooting upwards at big guy vendors

Search This thread

VelosterM14

We noticed last night (Tues 21 Jun 2022) that since last time I looked at prices of new US unlocked 12GB/256GB OnePlus 9 Pro models a couple weeks ago, where most retail places like Best Buy, Amazon etc. who were stocking and selling these at the current retail of $799, have now suddenly started marking these way up.

Last night Best Buy was selling for $1069 and Amazon (direct, not reseller) had also gone way up.

Just posting this in case anybody was looking to get one but maybe had not pulled the trigger yet. Or maybe a spare you wanted but were going to wait - this was our situation. We wanted to have a 3rd as a spare in case something happens to one of our phones.

Well I am sure there are any number of reasons why prices are suddenly going north on these. Not much being shipped from China lately for example, and market responding with fear and greed. Or maybe (conjecture not calling this fact) it is just official now to those in the know that they are not going to be making any more and so the market is reacting to knowledge that whatever is out there is all there is going to be.

In any case, if you were looking to get a(nother?) OnePlus 9 Pro unlocked US 12GB/256GB, you may want to bump up your timetable so you don't get totally gouged.

If you are careful looking around at Amazon you can find combo deals that let you still get one for just over the original $799 retail price, for example if you buy with a set of pro buds.

Anyway, snagged up our spare to have on hand last night. Would really hate to have to buy a 10 Pro if something happened to one of our 9 Pro's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samuel Holland

VelosterM14

Glad you found one at a price you are happy with.

I looked briefly on eBay for new ones a few weeks ago the lowest priced d00d I found with new Morning Mist ones was asking (pretty sure) $1199 for them and was not open to budging on price, even buying two of them.

So I shrugged and went to a local Best Buy who had 2 Pine Green in stock for retail price ($799). We've covered phones up with non-clear cases and will be covering camera eyes areas with protectors too when we put the Whitestone domes on, so who cares if they're green under the covers? ;)

Amazon had both colors in stock last night...

Will have to disable/uninstall/burninate the Alexa crapware on the spare if/when we need it (break seal only in case of emergency) but we run LOS anyway. ;)

Cheers!

EtherealRemnant

We noticed last night (Tues 21 Jun 2022) that since last time I looked at prices of new US unlocked 12GB/256GB OnePlus 9 Pro models a couple weeks ago, where most retail places like Best Buy, Amazon etc. who were stocking and selling these at the current retail of $799, have now suddenly started marking these way up.

Last night Best Buy was selling for $1069 and Amazon (direct, not reseller) had also gone way up.

Just posting this in case anybody was looking to get one but maybe had not pulled the trigger yet. Or maybe a spare you wanted but were going to wait - this was our situation. We wanted to have a 3rd as a spare in case something happens to one of our phones.

Well I am sure there are any number of reasons why prices are suddenty going north on these. Not much being shipped from China lately for example, and market responding with fear and greed. Or maybe (conjecture not calling this fact) it is just official now that they are not going to be making any more and so the market is reacting to knowledge that whatever is out there is all there is going to be.

In any case, if you were looking to get another OnePlus 9 Pro unlocked US 12GB/256GB, you may want to bump up your timetable.

If you are careful looking around at Amazon you can find combo deals that let you still get one for just over the original $799 retail price, for example if you buy with a set of pro buds.

Anyway, snagged up our spare to have on hand last night. Would really hate to have to buy a 10 Pro if something happened to one of our OP 9 Pro's.
The retail is not $799, it's $1069. Sounds like the sales are just coming to an end to me.

Reactions: VelosterM14

VelosterM14

OK. Yeah, well not sure what the "official" retail price was on these a few weeks ago, my statement of $799 was what they were (and still ARE) listed at OnePlus website for, although they are out of stock there unless you are OK with buying a T-Mobile carrier-locked one (no thanks...). They WERE 799 at Amazon and Best Lie 3-4 weeks ago when we bought our first two. Now they're not. :)

Retail price... street price... whatever.

But yea, whole reason I posted this was for anyone who was thinking of buying (another?) one - in hopes it helps some friendly peeps here get one before they are gone, or before you have to pay $1800 for one as I saw some resellers listing them for last night...

Because gougers gonna' gouge... and when even the BIG guys are doin' it, well, it just goes downhill from there...

Word to the wise... thats all.

1655919600867.png

Last edited:
Reactions: galaxys

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
I can buy OnePlus 9 Pro with less than 400 Euro from sales forums in my country. People sell the phone from different reasons:
- because they received as (bad) gift:
- Pixel, Samsung or icreap users:
- don't like Onepllus phones / OxygenOS.
- they have other phone and they got used to it.
- the need of money.

For example, i bought a brand new OnePlus 10 Pro, 8/128gb, black, full box with 600 euro.

VelosterM14

Yep, understood.

Personally, this is the first model of android I have purchased myself brand new (vs. it being issued to me by the peanut dispenser/employer) that had a non-replaceable battery. I am not sure yet with my degree/level of experience on non-replaceable battery phones what the long-term effect/life/use pattern is, so just speaking for me, it's one of the reasons I've restricted myself to buying brand new sealed box vs. used, although I do know used can be lot cheaper.

Also a lesson I learned with 1st OnePlus 9 Pro I got from Amazon the other day is, just because it is brand new in factory sealed box does not necessarily mean defect-free. It had some kind of ding/pit/blemish around the edge of the metal frame on front, right where the glass meets the frame, which I was concerned about affecting fit of the case and/or glass screen protector, so I had to get a replacement sent.

FWIW both OnePlus 9 Pro's I got from Amazon (.com, not 3rd-party reseller) had mfg date on box sticker of June 2021. And battery on the 2nd one was just about dead (8% remaining) when I opened it up. The 2 originals we bought from Best Lie were at 21% remaining and had Oct 2021 mfg date on box sticker.

I never started up/checked battery on the first one I got from amazon. That ding on the frame was a show stopper for me...

tathagatab

Dec 31, 2014
Kolkata
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 12
Glad you found one at a price you are happy with.

I looked briefly on eBay for new ones a few weeks ago the lowest priced d00d I found with new Morning Mist ones was asking (pretty sure) $1199 for them and was not open to budging on price, even buying two of them.

So I shrugged and went to a local Best Buy who had 2 Pine Green in stock for retail price ($799). We've covered phones up with non-clear cases and will be covering camera eyes areas with protectors too when we put the Whitestone domes on, so who cares if they're green under the covers? ;)

Amazon had both colors in stock last night...

Will have to disable/uninstall/burninate the Alexa crapware on the spare if/when we need it (break seal only in case of emergency) but we run LOS anyway. ;)

Cheers!
And I bought the black model only because the green was out of stock 😂

Reactions: VelosterM14

Zhono

Dec 6, 2012
Might be a good time to resell mine, it seems. Might have to list it on Craigslist and FB.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought an Open-box 12/256 OPO 9 Pro off Ebay for $704 shipped 2 weeks ago. Phone looks and performs flawlessly and have been very happy with it so far (even with C48). Just throwing it out there in case people are OK with not buying new.
    I can buy OnePlus 9 Pro with less than 400 Euro from sales forums in my country. People sell the phone from different reasons:
    - because they received as (bad) gift:
    - Pixel, Samsung or icreap users:
    - don't like Onepllus phones / OxygenOS.
    - they have other phone and they got used to it.
    - the need of money.

For example, i bought a brand new OnePlus 10 Pro, 8/128gb, black, full box with 600 euro.

Well I am sure there are any number of reasons why prices are suddenly going north on these. Not much being shipped from China lately for example, and market responding with fear and greed. Or maybe (conjecture not calling this fact) it is just official now to those in the know that they are not going to be making any more and so the market is reacting to knowledge that whatever is out there is all there is going to be.

In any case, if you were looking to get a(nother?) OnePlus 9 Pro unlocked US 12GB/256GB, you may want to bump up your timetable so you don't get totally gouged.

Anyway, snagged up our spare to have on hand last night. Would really hate to have to buy a 10 Pro if something happened to one of our 9 Pro's.

Well I am sure there are any number of reasons why prices are suddenty going north on these. Not much being shipped from China lately for example, and market responding with fear and greed. Or maybe (conjecture not calling this fact) it is just official now that they are not going to be making any more and so the market is reacting to knowledge that whatever is out there is all there is going to be.

In any case, if you were looking to get another OnePlus 9 Pro unlocked US 12GB/256GB, you may want to bump up your timetable.

Anyway, snagged up our spare to have on hand last night. Would really hate to have to buy a 10 Pro if something happened to one of our OP 9 Pro's.
    The retail is not $799, it's $1069. Sounds like the sales are just coming to an end to me.
    OK. Yeah, well not sure what the "official" retail price was on these a few weeks ago, my statement of $799 was what they were (and still ARE) listed at OnePlus website for, although they are out of stock there unless you are OK with buying a T-Mobile carrier-locked one (no thanks...). They WERE 799 at Amazon and Best Lie 3-4 weeks ago when we bought our first two. Now they're not. :)

Retail price... street price... whatever.

But yea, whole reason I posted this was for anyone who was thinking of buying (another?) one - in hopes it helps some friendly peeps here get one before they are gone, or before you have to pay $1800 for one as I saw some resellers listing them for last night...

Because gougers gonna' gouge... and when even the BIG guys are doin' it, well, it just goes downhill from there...

Word to the wise... thats all.

1655919600867.png