• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Just got my 11 Ultra 12/512 and i got billions of question !

Search This thread

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
@speedtripler , as i know, you can reflash the original CN rom on the china unit, yes.
Also make sure not to relock your bootloader once you have flashed anything else than the original ROM of the phone because will soft brick it .
CN version CN ROM, global version global version , etc. ( check phone model to see what phone version you are using )

Also make sure to check the rom you are using if you didn't purchased the phone from official channels.
Some sellers tend to flash a custom rom without users not knowing about it .
I think mine is legit China version...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-17-08-14-03-846_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-17-08-14-03-846_com.android.updater.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 53

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Lots of the apps still have Chinese on, like the music app for one. The -1 page is mostly Chinese too. The stock Global will be more language friendly but I will go EU ROM when unlocked as it's based on China stock but with so much more. I had it on my 10 ultra, so will get it on my 11 ultra.

Reactions: speedtripler

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
Lots of the apps still have Chinese on, like the music app for one. The -1 page is mostly Chinese too. The stock Global will be more language friendly but I will go EU ROM when unlocked as it's based on China stock but with so much more. I had it on my 10 ultra, so will get it on my 11 ultra.

I have managed to remove everything I didn't like from the China rom and its running everything I need get well

I can flash in 3-4 days to eu or global but I'm not sure if I will yet or not.....

Need to spend a bit more time with it too see if there are issues I haven't noticed yet....

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
Hello peoples

I ordered my phone from WondaMobile on Friday and i got it on Wednesday, so pretty fast from Hong Kong to Switzerland via DHL and no extra fees/tax

Its a Marble White edition and i love it

its my first Android for about 10+ years

Using iPhone for long long time and here the first question :

-how do i transfer all my stuff to the Ultra? (i do NOT have a PC/MAC)

-do the CN ROM have some restriction ? (For now everything is working fine but since in dont have all my stuff in it i dont use it like i should)

-i want to instal the Global ROM but can i lock back the bootloader ?

-if i let it unlock what will be the issues ? (App or services not available)
I am not totally familiar with transferring data from an iPhone to an Android, however, once you unlock the bootloader, you can flash the global rom and you can relock the bootloader, but why would you want to relock it? I am running a Xioami.eu rom - weekly and everything works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I also have few questions:
    1. when I shake the device I hear a soft knocking, do you guys too?
    2. I tried unofficail (no waiting time) unlock xioami but it wont work so when I tried to unlock and I saw "you have to wait 168h" so all I have to to its just wait? No more action till then?
    1- Yes thats normal, thats the OIS of the camera
    2- Those unofficial ones never work. Dont bother. To unlock the bootloader, you always have to wait 168h, its a golden rule, so ye, you will be stuck on the Chinese rom until then. Just use the phone normally in the meantime
    I got the Chinese Mi11 Ultra, cannot wait to install global or eu
    I also have few questions:
    1. when I shake the device I hear a soft knocking, do you guys too?
    2. I tried unofficail (no waiting time) unlock xioami but it wont work so when I tried to unlock and I saw "you have to wait 168h" so all I have to to its just wait? No more action till then?
    for 2. one thing to noticed is that after you unlock the phone, all personal data would be gone, so use your phone like a temporary phone in this week as most of your settings, etc will be gone after unlocking anyway.
    If you install the Global ROM you can not lock back your bootloader. It will brick your phone!
    @speedtripler , as i know, you can reflash the original CN rom on the china unit, yes.
    Also make sure not to relock your bootloader once you have flashed anything else than the original ROM of the phone because will soft brick it .
    CN version CN ROM, global version global version , etc. ( check phone model to see what phone version you are using )

Also make sure to check the rom you are using if you didn't purchased the phone from official channels.
    Some sellers tend to flash a custom rom without users not knowing about it .