just got my pixel from google is it unlocked?

Search This thread

chrisusa96

Aug 30, 2010
I just received my pixel that I ordered from Google I set it up with no sim in it then I put my Verizon sim in it after it was done setting up and updating. I held down the volume down and power and it says it's lock at the bottom of the list. I thought if I ordered it right from Google it would have an unlocked bootloader. Or is what I am seeing referring to something else being locked.

Did my Verizon sim card lock it?

Golf c

Jan 4, 2015
I just received my pixel that I ordered from Google I set it up with no sim in it then I put my Verizon sim in it after it was done setting up and updating. I held down the volume down and power and it says it's lock at the bottom of the list. I thought if I ordered it right from Google it would have an unlocked bootloader. Or is what I am seeing referring to something else being locked.

Its comes from Google locked. Your sim card has nothing to do with it. You can unlock it in fastboot.

Reactions: chrisusa96

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
Its comes from Google locked. Your sim card has nothing to do with it. You can unlock it in fastboot.

I think hes under the impression that a locked bootloader is the same as being carrier locked. @chrisusa96, If I'm assuming correctly, You're under the impression that the lock image means you're phone is now locked down to Verizon? If that's the case, you're fine, it does come from Google truly unlocked for any carrier. That lock icon is for the bootloader which is a very different thing all together. Bootloader unlock and Carrier unlock are not in any way related.
But then again, If my assumption is not right, disregard me entirely.

Last edited:

chrisusa96

Aug 30, 2010
I was referring to the bootloader. I was under the impression that it was unlocked out of the box from Google.

I see the difference between the two now. My last question is if I unlock the Google version will I get a constant warning Everytime I reboot the phone that it is unlocked?

humdrum2009

Oct 3, 2010
Fastboot unlock with adb
First toggle OEM unlock
Then run unlock command
If unsure how to use adb
Just install minimal adb and fastboot.
That will get you started

Golf c

Jan 4, 2015
I was referring to the bootloader. I was under the impression that it was unlocked out of the box from Google.

I see the difference between the two now. My last question is if I unlock the Google version will I get a constant warning Everytime I reboot the phone that it is unlocked?
Yes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think hes under the impression that a locked bootloader is the same as being carrier locked. @chrisusa96, If I'm assuming correctly, You're under the impression that the lock image means you're phone is now locked down to Verizon? If that's the case, you're fine, it does come from Google truly unlocked for any carrier. That lock icon is for the bootloader which is a very different thing all together. Bootloader unlock and Carrier unlock are not in any way related.
    But then again, If my assumption is not right, disregard me entirely.
    Fastboot unlock with adb
    First toggle OEM unlock
    Then run unlock command
    If unsure how to use adb
    Just install minimal adb and fastboot.
    That will get you started

Yes
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone