Question Just got my S22 Ultra Exynos from Amazon and it appears to be underperforming BADLY / HUGE Exynos problem..

Search This thread

ZephKeks

Jun 23, 2022
I have the S22 ultra with the exynos variant and it appears to be scoring extremely low on geekbench aswell as having bad camera quality for some reason, I just got it today, updated all the software on it and ran geekbench 5 with all background apps closed and processing speed set to max and this is the score I got...:

medium

The best I was able to get it to was with GOS disabled and the processing speed set to max was 620 single core and 3200 multicore which is still bad for an exynos 2200, this is very bad because I know that the exynos 2200 atleast scores 800-1100+ single core in this benchmark and idk what is going on here with my phone. but this gets even worse..
AnTuTu Benchmark:

Screenshot_20220621-233219_AnTuTu_Benchmark.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-233548_AnTuTu_Benchmark.jpg

I don't know what's causing this but there seems to be from what I assume a huge image processing problem with exynos samsung phones because I haven't seen anyone post about this specific problem I have right now, the problem is with my camera saying it's abysmal would be an understatement, my camera performance is bad, so bad in fact that I'm legit crying from pain looking at this..

Night mode shot:

medium

108 MP shot in light:

20220621_193916.jpg

This camera quality just doesn't feel right at all for a flagship phone like this, please guys I need suggestions on what to do, the phone micro stutters in games aswell and in night mode the camera preview stutters badly, like I'm on a budget phone, I thought samsung fixed this sh*t with exynos and apparently not since this is literally new from Amazon straight out of the box. I'm disappointed how the phone that I was so excited for turns out like this, please help.

Last edited:

användare

May 5, 2022
This is what I get on "Geekbench 5" without any optimization (loads of junk running)

Screenshot_20220623-080206_Geekbench 5.jpg

Must be something wrong with your phone.

Camera(s) work great for me too.

Last edited by a moderator:

raul6

Jan 26, 2009
I had mine since March and it has been performing nicely, both phone and camera. That said, if I felt it is somehow underperforming or was unhappy with it then it would have been sent back

Goku1992

I have the S22 ultra with the exynos variant and it appears to be scoring extremely low on geekbench aswell as having bad camera quality for some reason, I just got it today, updated all the software on it and ran geekbench 5 with all background apps closed and processing speed set to max and this is the score I got...:

medium

The best I was able to get it to was with GOS disabled and the processing speed set to max was 620 single core and 3200 multicore which is still bad for an exynos 2200, this is very bad because I know that the exynos 2200 atleast scores 800-1100+ single core in this benchmark and idk what is going on here with my phone. but this gets even worse..
AnTuTu Benchmark:

Screenshot_20220621-233219_AnTuTu_Benchmark.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-233548_AnTuTu_Benchmark.jpg

I don't know what's causing this but there seems to be from what I assume a huge image processing problem with exynos samsung phones because I haven't seen anyone post about this specific problem I have right now, the problem is with my camera saying it's abysmal would be an understatement, my camera performance is bad, so bad in fact that I'm legit crying from pain looking at this..

Night mode shot:

medium

108 MP shot in light:

20220621_193916.jpg

This camera quality just doesn't feel right at all for a flagship phone like this, please guys I need suggestions on what to do, the phone micro stutters in games aswell and in night mode the camera preview stutters badly, like I'm on a budget phone, I thought samsung fixed this sh*t with exynos and apparently not since this is literally new from Amazon straight out of the box. I'm disappointed how the phone that I was so excited for turns out like this, please help.
Mate try a factory reset. Much heat in your country? Can also be a Problem :/

Btw which Temperature Monitor are you using? Thanks

ZephKeks

Jun 23, 2022

I tried factory resetting it 2 times from the settings aswell as using ODIN, and it didn't work this is a phone issue, but I didn't know samsung's exynos problems can extend to even the camera, and yes it's summer out here but all the testing I've done was in an air conditioned room at 17C, and I used AnTuTu to monitor my CPU's heat

Last edited:
Reactions: Goku1992

Rajaasim1980

Jan 20, 2013
I have also moved to S22 ultra Exynos Uk varaint from Snapdragon Note 10 plus and it seems downgraded in many things i.e it overheat on the rear side next to camera lenses when you start using the camera for few minute or start watching videos and I don't even use the phone for gaming....speaker and battery seem worse than note 10 plus. It only has better display because of higher brightness/ higher refreshes rate and the camera is slightly better when compared photos side by side and some photos even look better on note 10 plus if you don't go for zoom more than 2x. I assume s21 Ultra Exynos seems better than s22 ultra..I am thinking to return

Had 2 different Exynos models to shorly after its release.
3 days ago i bought a snapdragon model 256gb, brand new one on an auction on ebay from a guy in germany.
Finally this gives me the flagship feeling i expected from the beginning.

But when i finishes this phone i give Samsung a 2-3 years break... To untrustworthy to me now... I just needed the stylus so bad.

användare

May 5, 2022
I tried factory resetting it 2 times from the settings aswell as using ODIN, and it didn't work this is a phone issue, but I didn't know samsung's exynos problems can extend to even the camera, and yes it's summer out here but all the testing I've done was in an air conditioned room at 17C, and I used AnTuTu to monitor my CPU's heat
I ran Geekbench 5 on my previous phone, OnePlus 6 (from 2018, though running Android 11, good official support) and it gave results similar to your original post.

I find it odd that so many S22U Exynos users are reporting this abysmal (for a 2022 flagship) performance. The camera samples you provided are horrific too, mine look fantastic on all four cameras using the stock app, by far the best smartphone photos I've ever seen and taken without add-on lenses.

So, is it some kind of quality control issue? That some units are just terrible? Seems so odd, if the chipset was that dysfunctional, how come the phone even runs at all?

Very curious about this.

ZephKeks

Jun 23, 2022
I ran Geekbench 5 on my previous phone, OnePlus 6 (from 2018, though running Android 11, good official support) and it gave results similar to your original post.

I find it odd that so many S22U Exynos users are reporting this abysmal (for a 2022 flagship) performance. The camera samples you provided are horrific too, mine look fantastic on all four cameras using the stock app, by far the best smartphone photos I've ever seen and taken without add-on lenses.

So, is it some kind of quality control issue? That some units are just terrible? Seems so odd, if the chipset was that dysfunctional, how come the phone even runs at all?

Very curious about this.
The phone runs, but runs slowly in every possible way, when doing normal tasks like watching netflix/youtube it runs like it should, but when pushing the cpu any further, like playing games or using the camera games would just stutter from the start and the phone will get hot and battery is going to drain quickly, and for the camera I legit got no clue how would this happen, it could be a quality control issue but I highly doubt it is, because the quality of the camera is abysmal on all cameras, which means this has to be some sort of really really bad CPU issue, which if it is I'm surprised this phone even runs... samsung and their exynos bs back at it again..

Goku1992

Mate thats ****ing bad :/ i have room Temperature of about 26C and everything is working fine... On 17C your phone should be flying...

bal12452

May 14, 2008
The phone runs, but runs slowly in every possible way, when doing normal tasks like watching netflix/youtube it runs like it should, but when pushing the cpu any further, like playing games or using the camera games would just stutter from the start and the phone will get hot and battery is going to drain quickly, and for the camera I legit got no clue how would this happen, it could be a quality control issue but I highly doubt it is, because the quality of the camera is abysmal on all cameras, which means this has to be some sort of really really bad CPU issue, which if it is I'm surprised this phone even runs... samsung and their exynos bs back at it again..
Hi, by any chance, are you using an heavy case like Otterbox ?
Cause I get similar very low geekbench score and horrible lag in games when the phone is in my Otterbox, but if I remove it, I get scores like Pichulec

ZephKeks

Jun 23, 2022
EDIT: Update, I just let the phone cool off and this time I magically got a score that's normal for my CPU

Screenshot_20220625-232341_Geekbench_5.jpg

It's very inconsistent it ranges from 700 to 1100+, right now my biggest problem is the camera being bad, does anyone know what I could do about that please :/.,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.