Just got OTA 4.0.2.

Search This thread

mcgon1979

Apr 9, 2010
I can see some other threads about specific countries...So just letting you know I got it in Ireland today. Surprised really because I think I was the LAST person in Europe to get the Volume fix F build OTA :)

39s1L.png

mcgon1979

Apr 9, 2010
Well, maybe someone can shed some light on this?
I accepted the download, it downloaded. Then it said, cannot install as battery too low, connect charger. No problem. I connected the charger and the "restart and install" button appeared. Great.
I hit it. Phone restarted as per normal. 4.0.1. No updates available. Your phone is up to date. It looks like its dropped through the cracks somewhere. Or maybe it is waiting for my phone charge to reach a certain charge percentage before actioning the ipdate. Maybe 75% charged or somethingi n case there was a power failure or something.

Reactions: Recordsman

mcgon1979

Apr 9, 2010
Yes my phone is UK GSM and I am using the Google build of ICS. Checked the fingerprint before.
It just seems to have vanished down the cracks now. Battery at 55% now but the 8mb update I downloaded is gone where? Phone now says it is up to date. but 4.0.1. Maybe it needs 75% charge to action the install of the update. Hope thats it.

mcgon1979

Apr 9, 2010
Well, its definitely gone? It downloaded ok. But it never actioned. What folder would it have downloaded to and can I kick it off manually. Phone is 100% charged now, but the update has vanished somewhere.

krohnjw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 17, 2007
Plainfield
Well, its definitely gone? It downloaded ok. But it never actioned. What folder would it have downloaded to and can I kick it off manually. Phone is 100% charged now, but the update has vanished somewhere.

It downloads to /cache. You could try to manually boot into recovery and install the update from there (assuming it's still in /cache) and you are running the stock recovery.

Reactions: mcgon1979

mcgon1979

Apr 9, 2010
It downloads to /cache. You could try to manually boot into recovery and install the update from there (assuming it's still in /cache) and you are running the stock recovery.

Thanks krohnjw. My /cache folder is empty. Checked using ASTRO. So I guess I just need to wait to asked to download it again at some point in the future. It did appear to download ok though. weird.

Manafa

Dec 23, 2010
I have exactly the same problem as you. Ask me this morning for upgrade, I agreed, phone reboot and freezed on the ripped droid, because of CWM. Then I restart and uninstall the CWM, but no update request anymore :(

mcgon1979

Apr 9, 2010
Yup. I have no Mods on my phone though. It's just as it was when I bought it unlocked sim free few weeks ago.
I'm glad I took that screenshot now, otherwise I'd be wondering if I did actually see it asking me to update to 4.0.2. on my GSM Nexus.
It did nothing after I clicked install and restart. So after a while I just manually restarted. nothing.
Maybe I got that notification by mistake?

I have exactly the same problem as you. Ask me this morning for upgrade, I agreed, phone reboot and freezed on the ripped droid, because of CWM. Then I restart and uninstall the CWM, but no update request anymore :(

mcgon1979

Apr 9, 2010
After doing research on here and on the web, I think I got this update notification by mistake. I cannot see any other posts about any GSM units getting bumped to 4.0.2. Only LTE Verison handsets seem to have got the update.
Interestingly though my update was 8mb and the LTE update is 10.

krohnjw

Jul 17, 2007
Plainfield
After doing research on here and on the web, I think I got this update notification by mistake. I cannot see any other posts about any GSM units getting bumped to 4.0.2. Only LTE Verison handsets seem to have got the update.

Given that it's flagged by IMEI I doubt this was in error.

JBQ also posted factory images for 4.0.2 for Maguro/Tuna - then stated this was only done for builds heading to consumers.

qwerp_

Oct 8, 2010
GSM version has 4.0.2 update, but not pushed over.

i have manually downloaded the stock image from google and manualy flash it.

i am now running 4.0.2

http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html

what i did was,

backup my system (just incase).

Factory Images "yakju" for Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+)
(all file extract from the 4.0.2 (ICL53F) image)

flash bootloader
flash radio
flash recovery
flash system

and reboot, and presto. you are on 4.0.2.

my experience, this does not remove all your data.
just similar to a upgrade for me.

a side note. i am running everything stock..

mcgon1979

Apr 9, 2010
Hey qwerp, thanks for the info. I had thought about doing that (Im 100% stock too), but might just wait. I'm not overly familiar with flashing etc. also, the update I got prompted to download to update to 4.0.2 was 8.7mb. The image file was approx 180mb. I guess you just flashed the parts relevant to the update or something like that to avoid losing your data.

I'll just wait it out I think. The fact that the updates are pushed by IMEI(as krohnjw mentions) it seems GSM will get the 4.0.2. update imminently and perhaps I was just part of the initial push. It didn't work anyway. Downloaded fine but no install took place when I pressed "install and restart" button (or was it "restart and install" :)), and when I manually rebooted later there was nothing in the /cache folder. And my phoen is on 4.0.1. with no updates available. :rolleyes: ;)

i have manually downloaded the stock image from google and manualy flash it.

i am now running 4.0.2

krohnjw

Jul 17, 2007
Plainfield
Hey qwerp, thanks for the info. I had thought about doing that (Im 100% stock too), but might just wait. I'm not overly familiar with flashing etc. also, the update I got prompted to download to update to 4.0.2 was 8.7mb. The image file was approx 180mb. I guess you just flashed the parts relevant to the update or something like that to avoid losing your data.

I'll just wait it out I think. The fact that the updates are pushed by IMEI(as krohnjw mentions) it seems GSM will get the 4.0.2. update imminently and perhaps I was just part of the initial push. It didn't work anyway. Downloaded fine but no install took place when I pressed "install and restart" button (or was it "restart and install" :)), and when I manually rebooted later there was nothing in the /cache folder. And my phoen is on 4.0.1. with no updates available. :rolleyes: ;)

Try checking in manually again

*#*#CHECKIN#*#*

If it prompts you to update don't download. Start a logcat and then download it. Save that logcat (it will contain the update URL).

I am not sure if /cache gets wiped at boot or not. If that happens again let it boot into recovery (Android with the red triangle) hold power and vol up and manually select to apply update from cache and see what happens.

matteventu

Feb 17, 2009
Lodi
I've upgraded today morning my Galaxy Nexus (ITA) at 4.0.2 via OTA (my GN is fully stock).

I've noticed also Wi-Fi improvements.

jackie_jagger

Jul 23, 2010
Vancouver, CA
My phone is too from UK and a GSM variant. I checked the OTA system it keeps telling me my system is up to date.

How exactly do I check if my build is my device?

Thanks !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh how I wish someone would capture the location of the download file.

I am yet to receive my OTA :(

Try This : http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-yakju-ICL53F-from-ITL41F.1955a56d.zip
    Well, maybe someone can shed some light on this?
    I accepted the download, it downloaded. Then it said, cannot install as battery too low, connect charger. No problem. I connected the charger and the "restart and install" button appeared. Great.
    I hit it. Phone restarted as per normal. 4.0.1. No updates available. Your phone is up to date. It looks like its dropped through the cracks somewhere. Or maybe it is waiting for my phone charge to reach a certain charge percentage before actioning the ipdate. Maybe 75% charged or somethingi n case there was a power failure or something.

Given that it's flagged by IMEI I doubt this was in error.

JBQ also posted factory images for 4.0.2 for Maguro/Tuna - then stated this was only done for builds heading to consumers.
    I presume you're all using checkin feature too? Not sure if it helps but I had it on when I got my OTA notification for 4.0.2.

*#*#CHECKIN#*#* on the keypad. (obviously type the corresponding numbers for the letters C H E C K I N etc)

It makes sure your IMEI is on the list for OTA.