• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Just rooted my 2.3.3...couple of questions...

Search This thread

Red_Kop

May 18, 2011
Before I was rooted, I used ADB to set installlocation so that I could move some of the larger apps to my SD card (namely Gameloft apps).

Now I am rooted, what is the best way to do the same thing? Most of these Gameloft games are now taking 30mb up on my internal memory whereas it was like 500kb before.

Also, what is the best general app when rooted for removing bloatware?

What are the best things to speed up the phone that I can do now but couldn't before.

Thanks!

Mozza2k11

Apr 21, 2011
I used titanium backup (free) and moved all the gameloft games to sd now under 500kb.

Removing bloat, you can use the free version of titanium backup to uninstall the bloat. But i have froze the bloat instead of removing it in hopes i can unfreeze it all and do the ota update to 2.3.4 when it comes out and hopefully still keep root. If you uninstall anything you will have to reinstall it before doing an ota update.

I use Bloat Freezer to freeze the bloat and it does what it is supposed to do. You could pay for titanium pro to freeze the apps but that like £3.69 where bloat freezer is only £0.62. If you freeze intsead of uninstalling you will not gain any internal memory but you will gain ram so boot up is faster and phone is faster e.t.c. If you uninstall or freeze any of the bloat found here your phone will be alot faster so no other program is needed.

Last edited:

dsswoosh

Feb 6, 2011
Removing Bloatware only frees memory. I didnt see much speed increase from rooting my phone tbh.

2.3.3 stock is pretty damn efficient in all honesty.

You can overclock to 1.5ghz now you are rooted. Ive never done this but an extra 500 mhz will speed things up alot. Search other threads in this forums to see how to do this.

Deoxlar

Dec 19, 2009
I'm on Rogers too, I flashed my phone to generic uk version version 2.3.2. Then I used gingerbreak to root the phone. After using the software update through your phone (ota) update to 2.3.3.

Sent from my XPlay using XDA App.

Red_Kop

May 18, 2011
I'm on Rogers too, I flashed my phone to generic uk version version 2.3.2. Then I used gingerbreak to root the phone. After using the software update through your phone (ota) update to 2.3.3.

Sent from my XPlay using XDA App.

Yes, this is how I did it.

I am on a factory unlocked UK phone.

Thanks for the advice Mozza2k11.

I had lareday deleted Timescape and FIFA but luckily made a backup so I have restored them and will look into freezing instead.