Just tweak it [7T] - debloat, plugins, battery...

Search This thread

doggydog2

7T stock cleanup actions

yet another flagship in a span of 1 year, time to create a same thread V30->Note9->6T->Mi9->S10->7T, time to update guides. Goal is to have a clean phone after each update, and since reboot doesn't happen often, but defly happens during upgrade, i'm putting cleanup commands into a [boot] script.

Debloat

Boot script - what it does:
* choose 3 categories of app removal, in the beginning of the file
* use more switch to disable some questionable/helpful stuff
* disable up to 40 apps (preferred method, ppl can reenable)

Tested ok on recent stock. Not much to dump compared to horridware MIUI or bloatware Samsung. Oneplus has only one analytics service and one push service, and not sending tcpdumps to china like Xiaomi. Only preinstalled app to go is Netflix.
Add to autostart in 3C "Device Manager""Scheduler" for example. It will then survive ROM upgrade.
Comment lines if too strict for you.

Download: file attached

Installation:
- run in su terminal or add to any startup script

Plugins

Similarly to older phones, collecting what i think is useful to keep on stock rooted firmware. This is likely the only brand with OTA working on rooted device, lovely.

Magisk plugins:

* Riru - Core, Riru - EdExposed, EdExposed Manger -- brings XPosed to Pie. Never understood SandHook/Yahfa difference
* OOS Native Call Recording Enabler -- oh definitely, we do want to record all calls and sync to cloud
* Systemless Hosts -- might be needed for Adaway
* (optional) Universal GMS Doze or Sysconfig patches -- cools down GMS services. Questionable impact but i use it.
* (optional) YouTube Vanced black themed -- brings usable YouTube experience
* (not recommended) TaiChi -- this app looks dangerous, and is not compatible with most plugins
* (unknown) Bromite Systemless Webview -- this needs to be selected in Developer options, apps don't work in my case
* (impossible) QuickSwitch -- we can't have Quickstep+Hyperion/Lawnchair as there's no pill in Android Q (thanks Google), also not compatible yet. FYI pill navbar can be enabled but it's not functional as in Pie
* (untested) - FDE, LKT - bricked 6T before, won't be trying these anymore

XPosed plugins:

* Xposed Edge Pro -- a must have and best plugin. Here, i just scripted the way of unlocking Android's VPN "Block connections without VPN" for specific WiFi (which itself is on VPN), to try finally without firewall (ask for INFO)
* XPrivacy -- Screw the big brother. Must have. Disabling analytics, tracking, telephony, network, identification for all visible apps and all Google apps with some exceptions.
* (optional) OnePlus PA Extender -- enables more apps into Parallel Apps, however i couldn't split VPN connectivity!
* (optional) afWall -- Problems with this firewall and some VPN clients. Should by disabled in Xposed but we need the tool if VPN app is of low quality (e.g. the most popular open source app)
* (optional) 3C All-in-one Toolbox Pro -- optional strong tool, should be disabled
* (optional) Exi for Swiftkey -- you can make Swiftkey great again, GBoard is still the best
* (optional) changer -- if you still want more than XPrivacy, few extra fields to censor

Root apps:

* TitaniumBackup -- a must
* Adaway -- a must
* (optional) Root Essentials -- a multitool, have a look
* (optional) MiXplorer -- best file manager, replaces spyware ES File explorer you had before
* (optional) FolderSync -- best sync tool

Battery

Not much to improve, battery is fantastic. Just take time and disable useless apps, set the minimal permissions, set firewall, remove backgroud connectivity for apps, remove notification and usage access. Be strict, things work surprisingly well after limiting apps. Felt some effect of Greenify, but need to test longerterm battery and notification delays with/out it and with/out "Sleep standby optimization" battery setting.

Attachments

• 7T_cleanup.sh.7z
    1.7 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: mysky911

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    7T stock cleanup actions

yet another flagship in a span of 1 year, time to create a same thread V30->Note9->6T->Mi9->S10->7T, time to update guides. Goal is to have a clean phone after each update, and since reboot doesn't happen often, but defly happens during upgrade, i'm putting cleanup commands into a [boot] script.

Debloat

Boot script - what it does:
    * choose 3 categories of app removal, in the beginning of the file
    * use more switch to disable some questionable/helpful stuff
    * disable up to 40 apps (preferred method, ppl can reenable)

Tested ok on recent stock. Not much to dump compared to horridware MIUI or bloatware Samsung. Oneplus has only one analytics service and one push service, and not sending tcpdumps to china like Xiaomi. Only preinstalled app to go is Netflix.
    Add to autostart in 3C "Device Manager""Scheduler" for example. It will then survive ROM upgrade.
    Comment lines if too strict for you.

Download: file attached

Installation:
    - run in su terminal or add to any startup script

Plugins

Similarly to older phones, collecting what i think is useful to keep on stock rooted firmware. This is likely the only brand with OTA working on rooted device, lovely.

Magisk plugins:

* Riru - Core, Riru - EdExposed, EdExposed Manger -- brings XPosed to Pie. Never understood SandHook/Yahfa difference
    * OOS Native Call Recording Enabler -- oh definitely, we do want to record all calls and sync to cloud
    * Systemless Hosts -- might be needed for Adaway
    * (optional) Universal GMS Doze or Sysconfig patches -- cools down GMS services. Questionable impact but i use it.
    * (optional) YouTube Vanced black themed -- brings usable YouTube experience
    * (not recommended) TaiChi -- this app looks dangerous, and is not compatible with most plugins
    * (unknown) Bromite Systemless Webview -- this needs to be selected in Developer options, apps don't work in my case
    * (impossible) QuickSwitch -- we can't have Quickstep+Hyperion/Lawnchair as there's no pill in Android Q (thanks Google), also not compatible yet. FYI pill navbar can be enabled but it's not functional as in Pie
    * (untested) - FDE, LKT - bricked 6T before, won't be trying these anymore

XPosed plugins:

* Xposed Edge Pro -- a must have and best plugin. Here, i just scripted the way of unlocking Android's VPN "Block connections without VPN" for specific WiFi (which itself is on VPN), to try finally without firewall (ask for INFO)
    * XPrivacy -- Screw the big brother. Must have. Disabling analytics, tracking, telephony, network, identification for all visible apps and all Google apps with some exceptions.
    * (optional) OnePlus PA Extender -- enables more apps into Parallel Apps, however i couldn't split VPN connectivity!
    * (optional) afWall -- Problems with this firewall and some VPN clients. Should by disabled in Xposed but we need the tool if VPN app is of low quality (e.g. the most popular open source app)
    * (optional) 3C All-in-one Toolbox Pro -- optional strong tool, should be disabled
    * (optional) Exi for Swiftkey -- you can make Swiftkey great again, GBoard is still the best
    * (optional) changer -- if you still want more than XPrivacy, few extra fields to censor

Root apps:

* TitaniumBackup -- a must
    * Adaway -- a must
    * (optional) Root Essentials -- a multitool, have a look
    * (optional) MiXplorer -- best file manager, replaces spyware ES File explorer you had before
    * (optional) FolderSync -- best sync tool

Battery

Not much to improve, battery is fantastic. Just take time and disable useless apps, set the minimal permissions, set firewall, remove backgroud connectivity for apps, remove notification and usage access. Be strict, things work surprisingly well after limiting apps. Felt some effect of Greenify, but need to test longerterm battery and notification delays with/out it and with/out "Sleep standby optimization" battery setting.