How To Guide Just tweak it [ZFlip3] - debloat, root, plugins, battery...

Search This thread

doggydog2

ZFlip3 stock setup​

model used: Z Flip 3 SM-F711B, Android 11, October 2021 firmware, Europe (EUX), then Android 12, Februaru 2022.
adding an article in a flagship marathon ..->V30->Note9->6T->Mi9->S10->7T->Tab S6->Tab S4->8Pro->Note20Ultra,->Tab A7->Z Flip3. Returned first Z Flip as it was too crippled, especially when seeing USB2.0 speed. And again, the new generation is on USB2 (dated to year 2000). What a time to be alive. We can charge at whopping 15 watts!

So we be rooting stock firmware, no ROMs, no TWRPs, and keep encryption which is crucial. Samsung is bloated well so the debloat script deserved to be updated and should not throw errors in my region (tho errors don't matter as we mostly disable packages, except vendor group).

So the article includes usual information for the whole process of upgrad--i mean rooting the device. We want:
* better battery feat. instant 96Hz screen freq
* better privacy
* call recording
* disk encryption
* tweaks

Rooting

We want encryption. The era of TWRP encryption access is gone, but it's fine since we even have Magisk and EXposed and literally all extras we need is provided in Magisk/Xposed modules.

Long guides suck, let's make compressed steps again. The steps are standard as per topjohnwu guide so let's add easy links into the compact steps. The links come from here or official sources, so likely virus free (unlike here).
On yer new device in order to get root, lose warranty outside of EU, lose bit of useless Samsung functionality, wipe your data, and get tons of benefits :
  1. [PC] grab your Android 11-12 firmware in Frija as you do the next step
  2. [mobile] unlock OEM in dev settings (need to be online for big brother to register your activation)
  3. [PC<->mobile] when turned off and nowadays rather plugged it to your Windows PC with drivers installed or Linux PC with no drivers needed, hold Vol+ & Vol- til you see download screen, long press Vol+
  4. [PC<->mobile] after you slap AP*tar file unpacked from step 1 on yer phone, patch it in Magisk 22+
  5. [PC<->mobile] back in download mode, in ODIN 3.14, slap patched AP into AP slot, BL to BL, CP to CP, CSC to CSC and flash
  6. [mobile] hold Power & Vol- to exit download mode
  7. [mobile] install and run Magisk online to finalize rooting and reboot again
  8. [mobile] check Magisk status, enable USB debugging in dev settings like you always do, and continue the modulefest (below)
You can Magisk-hide few apps like Flow which moan about root. In case of update, we will perform similar steps with HOME_CSC added to CSC slot in step 5, while skipping step 2.

Modules

Magisk​

In Magisk, we can get stuff from its UI but you can still click on some links FYI:
* Magisk - is the client, now without active repo and Hide
* Riru - Core, LSPosed or EdExposed -> brings XPosed to Android11. For either XPosed, you need the manager APK but that one is now included. LSPosed seems more stable, but S A D L Y it requires to preselect affected apps which is highly undesirable for many plugins like XPrivacy, XPosedEdge, 3C, etc.. anything working with all apps.. almost all top plugins:(
* Bluetooth Library Patcher -> helps us keep the bluetooth pairings
* (optional) Sui -> to run AppOpps as an alternative to XPrivacy as we're kicked out of it by LSPosed
* (optional) Move certificates -> to install certificate for AdGuard, and have a strong proxy mode while still using VPN
* (optional) F-Droid Privilleged Extension -> to make F-Droid updates easy, without interaction!

XPosed​

in one of the managers, we can get some plugins:
* Xposed Edge Pro -> a fantastic plugin which can do lot of popup menus, edge gestures, control hardware keys, run scripts on triggers.. unbelievable value.
* XPrivacy Lua -> must have. Disabling analytics, tracking, telephony, network, identification for all visible apps and all Google and Samsung apps with some exceptions.
* AppOps -> this is closed source alternative to XPrivacy, not bad actually. You need "Riru - Sui" Magisk extension first. Commercial. It can be slow when recovering permissions.
* (in future) Permission Manager X -> coming with above functionality soon. Let's see!
* Firefds kit -> main customization app for Samsungs. Enables the very important call recording, which is beautifully integrated into call history. Bye bye external apps.
* (optional) Xposed Dex -> some tweaks, not using it just FYI fahgedaboutit!
* (optional) afWall -> not needed in Oneplus because there's a firewall, but Samsung doesn't have one. Alternatively you can use Adguard for this task and avoid some issues and too much duplicit apps in memory. This extension should be disabled, just present.
* (optional) Exi for Swiftkey -> you can make Swiftkey great again, GBoard is still the best, Samsung keyboard is very good, but too tall and leaves gap in fullscreen mode

Apps​

Root apps you can get from the web, Google Play or F-Droid:
* 3C toolbox -> too helpful not to pay for the biggest package. It is a backup solution too. It's mostly commercial and abs(worth) money.
* or TitaniumBackup -> a must since Android was born, however died infamously. Commercial.
* or OAndBackupX -> FYI new open source backup solution, not reliable
* Adaway -> a must but with AdGuard? not so.. but i use both:)
* or AdGuard -> this is way more superior adblocker and firewall. Can filter more and can amend requests.. that's a game changer. You can have a efficient proxy when rooted thanks to "Move certificates" Magisk extension. Commercial, licences can be aquired very cheaply. With its paid VPN it can solve the problem of who's first "local VPN or VPN", but this is not needed in our root setup.
* Warden -> rips the guts of apps and removes tracking and logging
* YouTube Vanced -> YouTube without ads and sponsor blocks.. now you need manager APK to install it, might not alwasys work. And Google will be happy to overwrite it:)
* (optional) MiXplorer -> best file manager, replaces spyware ES File explorer you had before. Edits root files comfortably even when other editors don't. It's a great text editor or media player too! Commercial and worth it.
* (optional) FolderSync -> best sync tool. Commercial but works well as a free version.
* (optional) Root Essentials -> a multitool, have a look, it's as useful as 3C
* F-Droid -> open source apps. A must.

Debloating

What the script does:
* choose 8 categories of app removal, in the beginning of the file (bixby, game, accounts, basic, tricky, vendors, google)
for each say 0=skip 1=remove 2=revert back
* use more switch to disable some questionable/helpful stuff
* disable up to 100 apps with possibility to revert back
* remove usage access for google (do manually)
* remove device admin backdoor "Find My Mobile", you won't recover stolen device this way lol, it doesn't work with Secure Startup! it's useful for Govt.
* revert DNS from Google if it's added at boot (minor, AdGuard can also change it btw)
* switch display frequency to 48 / 60 / 96 / 120Hz to improve battery life - you can try [x] Show freq in Dev options

Tested ok on October Android 11 firmware. Error messages will be there for non existing components, and it's ok. It's just a script.

Samsung has too much privacy abusing bloatware installed, as part of nowadays fashion (ideally let's extract phone number and location from users to run file manager). I'd like to disable any Samsung account/cloud nonsense. Most functionality still works. You still can say cheese to camera and use OneUI productivity features. Samsung apps can be updated from their settings even if Galaxy Store was forcing you login.
I've cooked the list based on knowledge of each process, its current presence in the firmware, and what would fit the common usage. Also checked against 2 more knowledge bases. I kill Bixby but keep Bixby Vision, so you can still use camera to extract text. You can edit the script anyway.

Download: (file attached)

Installation (omg! it's not an app!):
- run in su terminal once or add to any startup script (3C\Device mgr\Scheduler can assign scripts from (it needs to be /data now, and chmod +x it), or to magisk

Battery

Battery saving:
- the key is to disable background network activity:
  • enable Data Saver and make exceptions for individual apps (there's "Allow data usage with Data Saver" and also nice "Allow background activity" & "Optimize battery usage" choices)
  • enforce it with 3C (Device Mgr\Profiler) or Adguard (App Management), vendor love to make exception for adware!
  • disable bluetooth, wifi, and nearby scanning
  • choose your Power Saving mode, wakelocks like {AOD, fp icon, dt2wake, raise2wake} etc based on yer preference
  • reduce display frequency
- nearby scanning should be off, what a useless function of finding unknown devices - once you pair the known, what's the sense? or you keep connection 10 new bt devices each week? just a drain and endless beacon
- didn't test {LSpeed, Naptime, Servicely, FDE, LKT, Universal GMS Doze, Sysconfig patcher} here. Not yet having idea about battery, but previously this article helped to improve battery life.

Other
- there's 2 ugly boot warnings now, and a delay.. the boot screen could probably be changed
- for call recording make sure XPosed manager whitelists call components
- no boot keys needed like on S10 generation
- not using multidisabler as i'm on stock and i do want encryption on every device ever
- don't be afraid to use another device (mobile) as USB drive.. this way you can restore your apps directly without copying it first! Slow on ZFlip because of pathetic USB2 - and there's no way out (USB flash drive, WiFi.. all slow). Also Smart Switch can be used from non-Samsung phones, but it is as weak as Google backup ever was - no data restore

Attachments

• ZFlip3_cleanup.sh.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 165
  • ZFlip3_cleanup_1.4.sh.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

doggydog2

BATTERY TEST
in a setup marathon, so far just 6hours SOT:) Well hopefully this will expand to 6hr but with longer standby. For reference, a marathon with Mi9 with the same battery capacity gave almost 10hours.

Normal usage on Wifi: 1day with 2.5h SOT, better than old Samsungs (S10-). That is not horrible. But, 1.5day standby capacity (like OnePlus, S21, Note20) is the best as it covers 2 big risks:
- you charge overnight but one day you misplace the phone on Qi charger -> 1min before alarm, phone turns off (24hr since previous morning), you miss the meeting, and get fired subsequently, and become an universal income believer ;)
- you party overnight, move a lot while being on battery-burning 5G -> 1min before you need to call the cab, phone turns off, you get lost in the city alone, get robbed etc ;)

Light usage - 3rd picture: so i've tried minimal use (realistic for me), some LTE, hours of background youtube listening via wireless headphones, permanent connection to PC (KDE Connect), and watches, nonstop AOD, VPN, wakelocks. This time couldn't discharge it. 24hr - still above 50%! So standby potential is massive. Screen-on time is the issue, but as battery is settling down, perhaps it will improve too.

Standby - 4th picture, here i measured the standby potentional as above, which is more than 2 days. So you sacrifice 8hours for each hour with screen on.
  1. [MAX SOT] 6hours SOT -> almost no standby left
  2. [MEDIUM SOT] 3hours SOT -> up to 24hr standby 1.5day from 85%
  3. [MIN SOT] 1hour SOT -> up to 48h standby
  4. [ZERO SOT] 0hour SOT -> up to 2.5d standby

Later the battery improved in a way, that despite setting to 85%, battery performance is the same better (+70% gain).

Attachments

• 000477 2021-11-03.png
    000477 2021-11-03.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 000478 2021-11-04.png
    000478 2021-11-04.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 000479 2021-11-06.png
    000479 2021-11-06.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 190
  • 000480 2021-11-08.png
    000480 2021-11-08.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 185
  • Screenshot 2021-11-28 183634.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-28 183634.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

doggydog2

REVIEW
Just few thoughts. I kept the phone despite USB2 and it really slowed down everything massively. What a shame. I see charging is really super slow. Ultrafast fingerprint compared to optical/ultrasonic sensors. Crease kind of visible. Display very readable as usual from Samsung, bacbleeding at Gray 10% brightness uniform but the screen pulsates! I know swipes from edges work but i switched to buttons after years, i simply kept making mistakes all the time and had accidental touches (which can't happen here due to the frame). Signal strong. Battery as above. Body is light and i wish it was even lighter. Few apps support pocket mode. Display is protected by folding.
I bashed OnePlus for being actually expensive by investing almost zero to software. And this time i collected features of Samsung that are unique to it, or better cooked. The difference vs vanilla OS like ColorOS or Sony is insane:
- phone: native call recording
- phone: popup instead of full screen, also during the call
- phone: lot of gestures incl. flip open
- camera: say cheese to make a picture
- camera: automatic recommendations
- camera: automatic document scanner
- camera: automatic bixby recognition
- camera: integrated QR code scanner
- camera: HEVC / HDR tho this is becoming standard i guess
- camera: track people, change angle with more people
- camera: preview on both sides of the phone
- camera: shooting advices, Single Take
- camera: auto record mini motion picture
- camera: strong modes incl. very rich AR
- calendar: strong app with mapps, weather
- clock: strong alarm with repetition, timezones with weather
- music, video: pretty good apps that still exist
- flow: mirror activity to PC incl. screen remote broadcast (such tool was always hard to get)
- edge: legendary swipe menu with tons of helpful tools
- display: always readable compared to other brands
- display: edge effects and notification repetition
- settings: scroll with fingerprint reader and rich number of gestures
- settings: very strong accessibility options incl. 2 magnifiers (an issue if you have swipe navigation which makes the icon invisible), sound detection, live caption, live transcribe, door opening detection
- audio: dolby sound and audio correction to persons age
- audio: split speakers, split bluetooth
- navigation menu: tons of icons, incl. Device to finally see the headphone battery status and Media fantastic to integrate Home Assitant, Mi Home, cameras etc
- display: AOD phenomenal, incl. operable widgets (also on back screen)
- display: rotating wallpapers from the internet
- security: lockdown, auto factory reset, lock network, secure wifi etc
- productivity: roaming clock in clock, AOD, calendar
- notifications: several styles of alert choices incl auto popup, and text highlighting
- display: easy to split apps to screen or to a popup, also pick from Edge menu
- security: fingerprint tester, i didn't see this on other phones
- apps: Kid mode, and Pin window mode to protect desktop from kids, game launcher, measure distance or height app, health app
- productivity: continue app on other devices, quick share, helpful bixby routines, easy one handed mode, great audio and screen recorder, dual messenger, secure folder, blur video in video calls, focus mode, sleep mode
- productivity: backup to cloud but for those who avoid it there's USB backup (seen it on LG only)
- productivity: a bit from Note - pin part of window, make animation, select rectangle/oval and extract text (very very useful)
Having several nonSamsung recently I must strongly praise Samsung for the software.

CASE
used transparent foil! https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003156195327.html
keep it shiny and thin!
frame is strenhtened anyway marketing says, aaand it's got foil installed already.. should reduce the risk of scratches immensely.
i coulnd't stand a plastic case.. phone became bulky and oily, disgusting to touch.

Last edited:

doggydog2

There will be an upgrade to Android 12 soon. Should I wait after the upgrade to install tweaks, or do I do it now? I just need call recording and support for multiple user accounts.
https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-z-flip-3-android-12-update-released-stable/amp/
i will wait couple of months to see if all components work well (Magisk, Xposed, Firefds [R] to enable call recording) and people don't report bad battery or something. Maybe the second update of Android 12 is what i'm targeting. So i'd tweak now.
android-12-aktualizace-samsung-galaxy.jpg

phatmanxxl

Dec 30, 2008
LG V20
Nokia Lumia 520
Nearby Scanning is basically mesh network for those who don't know. Basically your phone can send data (location or whatever) to another phone to track your position because they have their data and location turned on. It's a work around for people who deny permissions or have their location and/or data turned off. Turn it off whenever possible, also WIFI Scanning which is basically the same thing but using routers for location tracking.

Reactions: auipga

auipga

Aug 8, 2008
reinstall your bloat manually made me lol really hard! That's what I needed right now. Thank you :)
(found in line 277 of the script)

• Haha
Reactions: doggydog2

auipga

Aug 8, 2008
live caption, live transcribe, door opening detection
this is not by Samsung but Google, see https://play.google.com/store/apps/...io.hearing.visualization.accessibility.scribe

- productivity: backup to cloud but for those who avoid it there's USB backup (seen it on LG only)
Huawei also has USB backups (I used it on a non-rootable Mate 20 Pro)

Having several nonSamsung recently I must strongly praise Samsung for the software.
Same thoughts here. They've really evolved since then.

Other observations:
  • disabling com.osp.app.signin (samsung account) will break com.samsung.android.app.tips (Tips)
  • com.samsung.android.app.spage is not related to Bixby but Samsung FREE (tv app)

Last edited:

doggydog2

Other observations:
  • disabling com.osp.app.signin (samsung account) will break com.samsung.android.app.tips (Tips)
  • com.samsung.android.app.spage is not related to Bixby but Samsung FREE (tv app)
at least someone looked at it, thanks.
* I've had signin in deeper cleaning (more=1) for other models, i did the same here as Tips isn't that bad.
* Re spage that is Bixby home screen
and Samsung Daily or Samsung Free also uses it. This stuff is changing too often.

Twixy_Unleashed

Sep 15, 2016
Would you recommend rooting the phone about now? Or wait for custom roms to start appearing? I recently got the SM-F711B (Indonesia).

Also, should I transfer my data using smart switch or another external program?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ZFlip3 stock setup​

model used: Z Flip 3 SM-F711B, Android 11, October 2021 firmware, Europe (EUX), then Android 12, Februaru 2022.
    adding an article in a flagship marathon ..->V30->Note9->6T->Mi9->S10->7T->Tab S6->Tab S4->8Pro->Note20Ultra,->Tab A7->Z Flip3. Returned first Z Flip as it was too crippled, especially when seeing USB2.0 speed. And again, the new generation is on USB2 (dated to year 2000). What a time to be alive. We can charge at whopping 15 watts!

So we be rooting stock firmware, no ROMs, no TWRPs, and keep encryption which is crucial. Samsung is bloated well so the debloat script deserved to be updated and should not throw errors in my region (tho errors don't matter as we mostly disable packages, except vendor group).

So the article includes usual information for the whole process of upgrad--i mean rooting the device. We want:
    * better battery feat. instant 96Hz screen freq
    * better privacy
    * call recording
    * disk encryption
    * tweaks

Rooting

We want encryption. The era of TWRP encryption access is gone, but it's fine since we even have Magisk and EXposed and literally all extras we need is provided in Magisk/Xposed modules.

Long guides suck, let's make compressed steps again. The steps are standard as per topjohnwu guide so let's add easy links into the compact steps. The links come from here or official sources, so likely virus free (unlike here).
    On yer new device in order to get root, lose warranty outside of EU, lose bit of useless Samsung functionality, wipe your data, and get tons of benefits :
    1. [PC] grab your Android 11-12 firmware in Frija as you do the next step
    2. [mobile] unlock OEM in dev settings (need to be online for big brother to register your activation)
    3. [PC<->mobile] when turned off and nowadays rather plugged it to your Windows PC with drivers installed or Linux PC with no drivers needed, hold Vol+ & Vol- til you see download screen, long press Vol+
    4. [PC<->mobile] after you slap AP*tar file unpacked from step 1 on yer phone, patch it in Magisk 22+
    5. [PC<->mobile] back in download mode, in ODIN 3.14, slap patched AP into AP slot, BL to BL, CP to CP, CSC to CSC and flash
    6. [mobile] hold Power & Vol- to exit download mode
    7. [mobile] install and run Magisk online to finalize rooting and reboot again
    8. [mobile] check Magisk status, enable USB debugging in dev settings like you always do, and continue the modulefest (below)
    You can Magisk-hide few apps like Flow which moan about root. In case of update, we will perform similar steps with HOME_CSC added to CSC slot in step 5, while skipping step 2.

Modules

Magisk​

In Magisk, we can get stuff from its UI but you can still click on some links FYI:
    * Magisk - is the client, now without active repo and Hide
    * Riru - Core, LSPosed or EdExposed -> brings XPosed to Android11. For either XPosed, you need the manager APK but that one is now included. LSPosed seems more stable, but S A D L Y it requires to preselect affected apps which is highly undesirable for many plugins like XPrivacy, XPosedEdge, 3C, etc.. anything working with all apps.. almost all top plugins:(
    * Bluetooth Library Patcher -> helps us keep the bluetooth pairings
    * (optional) Sui -> to run AppOpps as an alternative to XPrivacy as we're kicked out of it by LSPosed
    * (optional) Move certificates -> to install certificate for AdGuard, and have a strong proxy mode while still using VPN
    * (optional) F-Droid Privilleged Extension -> to make F-Droid updates easy, without interaction!

XPosed​

in one of the managers, we can get some plugins:
    * Xposed Edge Pro -> a fantastic plugin which can do lot of popup menus, edge gestures, control hardware keys, run scripts on triggers.. unbelievable value.
    * XPrivacy Lua -> must have. Disabling analytics, tracking, telephony, network, identification for all visible apps and all Google and Samsung apps with some exceptions.
    * AppOps -> this is closed source alternative to XPrivacy, not bad actually. You need "Riru - Sui" Magisk extension first. Commercial. It can be slow when recovering permissions.
    * (in future) Permission Manager X -> coming with above functionality soon. Let's see!
    * Firefds kit -> main customization app for Samsungs. Enables the very important call recording, which is beautifully integrated into call history. Bye bye external apps.
    * (optional) Xposed Dex -> some tweaks, not using it just FYI fahgedaboutit!
    * (optional) afWall -> not needed in Oneplus because there's a firewall, but Samsung doesn't have one. Alternatively you can use Adguard for this task and avoid some issues and too much duplicit apps in memory. This extension should be disabled, just present.
    * (optional) Exi for Swiftkey -> you can make Swiftkey great again, GBoard is still the best, Samsung keyboard is very good, but too tall and leaves gap in fullscreen mode

Apps​

Root apps you can get from the web, Google Play or F-Droid:
    * 3C toolbox -> too helpful not to pay for the biggest package. It is a backup solution too. It's mostly commercial and abs(worth) money.
    * or TitaniumBackup -> a must since Android was born, however died infamously. Commercial.
    * or OAndBackupX -> FYI new open source backup solution, not reliable
    * Adaway -> a must but with AdGuard? not so.. but i use both:)
    * or AdGuard -> this is way more superior adblocker and firewall. Can filter more and can amend requests.. that's a game changer. You can have a efficient proxy when rooted thanks to "Move certificates" Magisk extension. Commercial, licences can be aquired very cheaply. With its paid VPN it can solve the problem of who's first "local VPN or VPN", but this is not needed in our root setup.
    * Warden -> rips the guts of apps and removes tracking and logging
    * YouTube Vanced -> YouTube without ads and sponsor blocks.. now you need manager APK to install it, might not alwasys work. And Google will be happy to overwrite it:)
    * (optional) MiXplorer -> best file manager, replaces spyware ES File explorer you had before. Edits root files comfortably even when other editors don't. It's a great text editor or media player too! Commercial and worth it.
    * (optional) FolderSync -> best sync tool. Commercial but works well as a free version.
    * (optional) Root Essentials -> a multitool, have a look, it's as useful as 3C
    * F-Droid -> open source apps. A must.

Debloating

What the script does:
    * choose 8 categories of app removal, in the beginning of the file (bixby, game, accounts, basic, tricky, vendors, google)
    for each say 0=skip 1=remove 2=revert back
    * use more switch to disable some questionable/helpful stuff
    * disable up to 100 apps with possibility to revert back
    * remove usage access for google (do manually)
    * remove device admin backdoor "Find My Mobile", you won't recover stolen device this way lol, it doesn't work with Secure Startup! it's useful for Govt.
    * revert DNS from Google if it's added at boot (minor, AdGuard can also change it btw)
    * switch display frequency to 48 / 60 / 96 / 120Hz to improve battery life - you can try [x] Show freq in Dev options

Tested ok on October Android 11 firmware. Error messages will be there for non existing components, and it's ok. It's just a script.

Samsung has too much privacy abusing bloatware installed, as part of nowadays fashion (ideally let's extract phone number and location from users to run file manager). I'd like to disable any Samsung account/cloud nonsense. Most functionality still works. You still can say cheese to camera and use OneUI productivity features. Samsung apps can be updated from their settings even if Galaxy Store was forcing you login.
    I've cooked the list based on knowledge of each process, its current presence in the firmware, and what would fit the common usage. Also checked against 2 more knowledge bases. I kill Bixby but keep Bixby Vision, so you can still use camera to extract text. You can edit the script anyway.

Download: (file attached)

Installation (omg! it's not an app!):
    - run in su terminal once or add to any startup script (3C\Device mgr\Scheduler can assign scripts from (it needs to be /data now, and chmod +x it), or to magisk

Battery

Battery saving:
    - the key is to disable background network activity:
    • enable Data Saver and make exceptions for individual apps (there's "Allow data usage with Data Saver" and also nice "Allow background activity" & "Optimize battery usage" choices)
    • enforce it with 3C (Device Mgr\Profiler) or Adguard (App Management), vendor love to make exception for adware!
    • disable bluetooth, wifi, and nearby scanning
    • choose your Power Saving mode, wakelocks like {AOD, fp icon, dt2wake, raise2wake} etc based on yer preference
    • reduce display frequency
    - nearby scanning should be off, what a useless function of finding unknown devices - once you pair the known, what's the sense? or you keep connection 10 new bt devices each week? just a drain and endless beacon
    - didn't test {LSpeed, Naptime, Servicely, FDE, LKT, Universal GMS Doze, Sysconfig patcher} here. Not yet having idea about battery, but previously this article helped to improve battery life.

Other
    - there's 2 ugly boot warnings now, and a delay.. the boot screen could probably be changed
    - for call recording make sure XPosed manager whitelists call components
    - no boot keys needed like on S10 generation
    - not using multidisabler as i'm on stock and i do want encryption on every device ever
    - don't be afraid to use another device (mobile) as USB drive.. this way you can restore your apps directly without copying it first! Slow on ZFlip because of pathetic USB2 - and there's no way out (USB flash drive, WiFi.. all slow). Also Smart Switch can be used from non-Samsung phones, but it is as weak as Google backup ever was - no data restore
    REVIEW
    Just few thoughts. I kept the phone despite USB2 and it really slowed down everything massively. What a shame. I see charging is really super slow. Ultrafast fingerprint compared to optical/ultrasonic sensors. Crease kind of visible. Display very readable as usual from Samsung, bacbleeding at Gray 10% brightness uniform but the screen pulsates! I know swipes from edges work but i switched to buttons after years, i simply kept making mistakes all the time and had accidental touches (which can't happen here due to the frame). Signal strong. Battery as above. Body is light and i wish it was even lighter. Few apps support pocket mode. Display is protected by folding.
    I bashed OnePlus for being actually expensive by investing almost zero to software. And this time i collected features of Samsung that are unique to it, or better cooked. The difference vs vanilla OS like ColorOS or Sony is insane:
    - phone: native call recording
    - phone: popup instead of full screen, also during the call
    - phone: lot of gestures incl. flip open
    - camera: say cheese to make a picture
    - camera: automatic recommendations
    - camera: automatic document scanner
    - camera: automatic bixby recognition
    - camera: integrated QR code scanner
    - camera: HEVC / HDR tho this is becoming standard i guess
    - camera: track people, change angle with more people
    - camera: preview on both sides of the phone
    - camera: shooting advices, Single Take
    - camera: auto record mini motion picture
    - camera: strong modes incl. very rich AR
    - calendar: strong app with mapps, weather
    - clock: strong alarm with repetition, timezones with weather
    - music, video: pretty good apps that still exist
    - flow: mirror activity to PC incl. screen remote broadcast (such tool was always hard to get)
    - edge: legendary swipe menu with tons of helpful tools
    - display: always readable compared to other brands
    - display: edge effects and notification repetition
    - settings: scroll with fingerprint reader and rich number of gestures
    - settings: very strong accessibility options incl. 2 magnifiers (an issue if you have swipe navigation which makes the icon invisible), sound detection, live caption, live transcribe, door opening detection
    - audio: dolby sound and audio correction to persons age
    - audio: split speakers, split bluetooth
    - navigation menu: tons of icons, incl. Device to finally see the headphone battery status and Media fantastic to integrate Home Assitant, Mi Home, cameras etc
    - display: AOD phenomenal, incl. operable widgets (also on back screen)
    - display: rotating wallpapers from the internet
    - security: lockdown, auto factory reset, lock network, secure wifi etc
    - productivity: roaming clock in clock, AOD, calendar
    - notifications: several styles of alert choices incl auto popup, and text highlighting
    - display: easy to split apps to screen or to a popup, also pick from Edge menu
    - security: fingerprint tester, i didn't see this on other phones
    - apps: Kid mode, and Pin window mode to protect desktop from kids, game launcher, measure distance or height app, health app
    - productivity: continue app on other devices, quick share, helpful bixby routines, easy one handed mode, great audio and screen recorder, dual messenger, secure folder, blur video in video calls, focus mode, sleep mode
    - productivity: a bit from Note - pin part of window, make animation, select rectangle/oval and extract text (very very useful)

CASE
    used transparent foil! https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003156195327.html
    keep it shiny and thin!
    frame is strenhtened anyway marketing says, aaand it's got foil installed already.. should reduce the risk of scratches immensely.
    i coulnd't stand a plastic case.. phone became bulky and oily, disgusting to touch.
    BATTERY TEST
    in a setup marathon, so far just 6hours SOT:) Well hopefully this will expand to 6hr but with longer standby. For reference, a marathon with Mi9 with the same battery capacity gave almost 10hours.

Normal usage on Wifi: 1day with 2.5h SOT, better than old Samsungs (S10-). That is not horrible. But, 1.5day standby capacity (like OnePlus, S21, Note20) is the best as it covers 2 big risks:
    - you charge overnight but one day you misplace the phone on Qi charger -> 1min before alarm, phone turns off (24hr since previous morning), you miss the meeting, and get fired subsequently, and become an universal income believer ;)
    - you party overnight, move a lot while being on battery-burning 5G -> 1min before you need to call the cab, phone turns off, you get lost in the city alone, get robbed etc ;)

Light usage - 3rd picture: so i've tried minimal use (realistic for me), some LTE, hours of background youtube listening via wireless headphones, permanent connection to PC (KDE Connect), and watches, nonstop AOD, VPN, wakelocks. This time couldn't discharge it. 24hr - still above 50%! So standby potential is massive. Screen-on time is the issue, but as battery is settling down, perhaps it will improve too.

Standby - 4th picture, here i measured the standby potentional as above, which is more than 2 days. So you sacrifice 8hours for each hour with screen on.
    1. [MAX SOT] 6hours SOT -> almost no standby left
    2. [MEDIUM SOT] 3hours SOT -> up to 24hr standby 1.5day from 85%
    3. [MIN SOT] 1hour SOT -> up to 48h standby
    4. [ZERO SOT] 0hour SOT -> up to 2.5d standby

Later the battery improved in a way, that despite setting to 85%, battery performance is the same better (+70% gain).
    There will be an upgrade to Android 12 soon. Should I wait after the upgrade to install tweaks, or do I do it now? I just need call recording and support for multiple user accounts.
    https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-z-flip-3-android-12-update-released-stable/amp/
    Any new guide as currently most updated to Android 12. Kindly advice.
    the guide is the same. It all works as before. I've added a small script update, it's still cleaning all junk and sets 96Hz by default as it works nice. Tested on Android 12, nothing new there, perhaps the only news is Magisk is changing a bit.