General Just Unlocked my VZW Bootloader

Search This thread

Misterxtc

I'm not quite sure what happened but I was loading the android flash tool on Googles site and my OEM unlocking allowed me to toggle it on my Verizon Pixel 6 Pro. I purchased this directly through Verizon last Saturday and could not do a unlock then. I did a factory reset today to try and fix my contacts not syncing and the OEM locking button let me toggle it. I am currently flashing the full factory image from Google with a unlocked bootloader now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220930-145342.png
    Screenshot_20220930-145342.png
    266 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: fil3s and w_tapper

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Hmmm. Did you fully pay off the cost of the phone?

Perhaps Verizon is doing what they haven't done in the past and started following the paths of the other phone carriers (where your phone can be bootloader unlocked - but only once you fully pay off the phone's cost).

Of course, there is also a chance that you just got extremely lucky, haha.

Misterxtc

Perhaps Verizon is doing what they haven't done in the past and started following the paths of the other phone carriers (where your phone can be bootloader unlocked - but only once you fully pay off the phone's cost).

Nope haven't even made the 1st payment on it. I think it might have been a fluke but I'll gladly take it.

Reactions: fil3s and jcp2

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Nope haven't even made the 1st payment on it. I think it might have been a fluke but I'll gladly take it.
Dang. That's an absolutely amazing fluke, haha. It makes me wonder if a factory reset through the flash tool site would have done this to Verizon model P6P phones from the get-go. Hmmmm....

Misterxtc

Dang. That's an absolutely amazing fluke, haha. It makes me wonder if a factory reset through the flash tool site would have done this to Verizon model P6P phones from the get-go. Hmmmm....
I'm not sure but I think it might have been something with the flash tool. I started to open it up in chrome and connect the phone. Then I checked the dev options and I was able to unlock it. I'm happy.

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Yup, just like normal. Toggled OEM unlocking and rebooted to fastboot to unlock it. It's all rooted now running Kirisakura kernel.
Wow, that's awesome! It kinda makes me wanna switch back to Verizon, haha. Where I am currently working, you can't get service from any carriers except for Verizon. But I would hate to ditch T-Mobile and possibly lose my data in other areas outside of work...

Regardless, supposedly Google is going to give great trade-in values for purchasing the P7 and P7P... And if they provide 500-600 for the P6P (256GB model), then the P7 regular would be free. If true, this has me questioning which model P7 I should get (if the modem is actually decent and isn't the crummy old one that is in the P6 series phones, haha).

*Edit* - Just to clarify, there might be T-Mobile signal where I work. But the data strength certainly isn't strong/good in my area, hence why I am considering the upgrade =/

Alekos

Feb 18, 2008
Apps & Games
Google Pixel 3 XL
I'm not quite sure what happened but I was loading the android flash tool on Googles site and my OEM unlocking allowed me to toggle it on my Verizon Pixel 6 Pro. I purchased this directly through Verizon last Saturday and could not do a unlock then. I did a factory reset today to try and fix my contacts not syncing and the OEM locking button let me toggle it. I am currently flashing the full factory image from Google with a unlocked bootloader now.

What does the model say when you enter the IMEI at store.google.com/repair

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It says it's a VZW model. I removed my IEMI from the photo but this is what I got.
    Wow. Incredible. Go buy a lottery ticket
    I'm not sure but I think it might have been something with the flash tool. I started to open it up in chrome and connect the phone. Then I checked the dev options and I was able to unlock it. I'm happy.
    Interesting. Did you have to confirm the unlock via fastboot?
    Yup, just like normal. Toggled OEM unlocking and rebooted to fastboot to unlock it. It's all rooted now running Kirisakura kernel.