Just updated to OS 11; Cannot Download OS 11.0.2.2.1N11AA Update; How to Do?

Search This thread

reilus

Feb 22, 2011
I'm about to jump of a ledge over here. So, I've read about this online as well.

I try to install 11.0.2.2.1N11AA and, by the numbers, this is what happens:

1. It says "Installation will continue when device isn't being used. To install now, tap Resume."

2. I tap resume.

3. It says: "Couldn't update
Installation problem"

4. I see and tap "Try again".

5. Loopback to step 1 -- ad infinitum.

How can I update this thing? Anyone have any luck?

And, on another note, at what point is my device not being used exactly? What is using my device that makes this update unworkable? I searched online, others have problems, no one seems to have solutions.

Others noticed this problem on XDA, nobody said anything so far. I found this thread through Google: https://xdaforums.com/t/root-androi...-dumper-magisk_patched-guides.4175033/page-13 The Nov 23, 2020 at 10:44 AM reply. That man is in a similar situation as I!

I went through the remainder of the thread, searching for the username "raashnal" in each page until the end of the thread. The logic being, if anyone addressed his concern they would reply to it and he would presumably reply to thank that person. So, I figure the name must come up; it did not; so I assume this thread does not have an answer.

Last edited:

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
I'm about to jump of a ledge over here. So, I've read about this online as well.

1. It says "Installation will continue when device isn't being used. To install now, tap Resume."

2. I tap resume.

Installation problem"

And, on another note, at what point is my device not being used exactly? What is using my device that makes this update unworkable? I searched online, others have problems, no one seems to have solutions.

Others noticed this problem on XDA, nobody said anything so far. I found this thread through Google: https://xdaforums.com/t/root-androi...-dumper-magisk_patched-guides.4175033/page-13 The Nov 23, 2020 at 10:44 AM reply. That man is in a similar situation as I!

I went through the remainder of the thread, searching for the username "raashnal" in each page until the end of the thread. The logic being, if anyone addressed his concern they would reply to it and he would presumably reply to thank that person. So, I figure the name must come up; it did not; so I assume this thread does not have an answer.

Hello again :)

So are you rooted at the moment? Do you have oxygen updater installed?

If you are rooted then please disable any and all active modules then reboot your phone.

Then open oxygen updater.

Accept the agreement and provide it any rights it needs then take the update (a full update)

It'll push it to your phone.

Go to settings /system updates / local upgrade.

Choose the zip downloaded by oxygen updater.

Do not reboot when it's complete.

Press home then reopen magisk and click install, then click install to inactive slot after OTA.

Let they install then click reboot, that should be it.

If you're not rooted then let me know.

PS: that's my thread btw, your rationale doesn't quite make sense, an answer could have been given and thanks provided or not. Meaning their name doesn't necessarily have to come up again at all.

It's not that long a thread tbh. The amount of responses I've had and issues addressed and resolved I would say that pretty much any issue to do with payload dumper, root has been addressed

Last edited:
Reactions: reilus

reilus

Feb 22, 2011
Thank you! I was just about to say, I ended up using Oxygen updater and then doing a local install.

I cannot do an incremental update, but I can do a full update.

I did have an interesting problem, which I also solved. I could not do the OTA install of Magisk! So, I swiped the Oxygen Updater off the recents. Then I tried again and it worked! So, if anyone else has that issue, maybe that will help them !

And I understand that my rationale is flawed, any rational position is flawed. In fact, you won't find any epistemic approach -- even science -- without flaws. I declared my biases and methods to show that I feel I put in a reasonable effort before asking for help. I hope that was part of your understanding. =)

Reactions: dlads

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Thank you! I was just about to say, I ended up using Oxygen updater and then doing a local install.

I did have an interesting problem, which I also solved. I could not do the OTA install of Magisk! So, I swiped the Oxygen Updater off the recents. Then I tried again and it worked! So, if anyone else has that issue, maybe that will help them !

And I understand that my rationale is flawed, any rational position is flawed. In fact, you won't find any epistemic approach -- even science -- without flaws. I declared my biases and methods to show that I feel I put in a reasonable effort before asking for help. I hope that was part of your understanding. =)

If you are rooted then you're certainly not meant to do an incremental OTA as it needs to be a full update.

Haha and no need to prove your efforts to me pal, it's all good.

Just glad you're sorted. ;)

PS: I've actually just updated the thread as 11.0.3.3 just arrived.

I've provided a patched boot img and have updated the guide already ;)

Reactions: reilus

State.of.mind

Sep 2, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro

2. I tap resume.

Installation problem"

I always have the same problem when I try to update. For whatever reason before I update I have to flash boot the "stock" boot.img and then my phone will accept the update.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
I always have the same problem when I try to update. For whatever reason before I update I have to flash boot the "stock" boot.img and then my phone will accept the update.

That's not true mate, if you're rooted there is simply no need to change the boot.img, use magisk to install to inactive slot before rebooting, that is it.

The update method you use whilst rooted is oxygen updater and it's a full OTA

State.of.mind

Sep 2, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
That's not true mate, if you're rooted there is simply no need to change the boot.img, use magisk to install to inactive slot before rebooting, that is it.

I was sharing my experience with updates. Regardless of the update platform Oxygen Updater or One Plus I ALWAYS have to flash the stock boot.img prior to receiving an update.

I think the problem could be that when I flash the patched magisk boot image I flash it to both slots and not one single slot. I'll try the newer method when another update is released.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
I was sharing my experience with updates. Regardless of the update platform Oxygen Updater or One Plus I ALWAYS have to flash the stock boot.img prior to receiving an update.

I think the problem could be that when I flash the patched magisk boot image I flash it to both slots and not one single slot. I'll try the newer method when another update is released.

Yep again mate you don't need to do that, regardless where you download the update from provided it is in fact a full update

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2. I tap resume.

Installation problem"

Hello again :)

So are you rooted at the moment? Do you have oxygen updater installed?

If you are rooted then please disable any and all active modules then reboot your phone.

Then open oxygen updater.

Accept the agreement and provide it any rights it needs then take the update (a full update)

It'll push it to your phone.

Go to settings /system updates / local upgrade.

Choose the zip downloaded by oxygen updater.

Do not reboot when it's complete.

Press home then reopen magisk and click install, then click install to inactive slot after OTA.

Let they install then click reboot, that should be it.

If you're not rooted then let me know.

PS: that's my thread btw, your rationale doesn't quite make sense, an answer could have been given and thanks provided or not. Meaning their name doesn't necessarily have to come up again at all.

It's not that long a thread tbh. The amount of responses I've had and issues addressed and resolved I would say that pretty much any issue to do with payload dumper, root has been addressed

If you are rooted then you're certainly not meant to do an incremental OTA as it needs to be a full update.

Haha and no need to prove your efforts to me pal, it's all good.

Just glad you're sorted. ;)

PS: I've actually just updated the thread as 11.0.3.3 just arrived.

I've provided a patched boot img and have updated the guide already ;)