• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Just wanted to confirm the current state of Sprint Hotspot options, as of 1/1/18

Search This thread

LordKyleOfEarth

Aug 29, 2010
Hello everyone!

My mother in law does not have any broadband access at her home, but we are on a legacy unlimited everything plan, so I've always just hotspotted her phone. However, a thief at the nursing home where my father in law is at, recently stole Clara's old S6. The replacement phone arrived with Android 7.

From what I have been able to gather, Nougat changed the location of the telephony database, so all of the previous work arounds are currently inoperable; right? Tdhite is (hopefully) releasing a new patch for this (tomorrow?) but until then, it looks like I am stuck.

Are there any ROMs that I can toss on the phone to get her back in business, in the meantime? I am not a Samsung guy, but it also looks like downgrading the phone to MM is not really an option either. Is that correct?

Thanks!

tdhite

Dec 4, 2012
DFW
Are there any ROMs that I can toss on the phone to get her back in business, in the meantime? I am not a Samsung guy, but it also looks like downgrading the phone to MM is not really an option either. Is that correct?

Thanks!

If you load my SkyHigh kernel you should have hotspot enabled again. In that kernel are a couple init.d bootstrap scripts that do the modifications.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: LordKyleOfEarth

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!

If you load my SkyHigh kernel you should have hotspot enabled again. In that kernel are a couple init.d bootstrap scripts that do the modifications.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk