• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Just wanted to say...

Search This thread

whitak3r

May 25, 2009
Thanks! To everyone here that contributes and to everyone who has wrote ANYTHING that I have read that has helped me. I have been "hacking" phones for years. It all started with the Razr, one of the first phones I back in the day :)... I have done so much reading and surprisingly I was able to install many cooked roms without the need to post any questions. There are MANY detailed tutorials around here. I read what I needed to and looked around.
I didn't really get into installed cooked roms until about 3 days ago. In those short 3 days I have went through 3 or 4 different roms/themes/setups just to get it EXACTLY how I wanted it. Right now I am using:
NFSFAN's WM 6.5.5 23541 SYS/XIP GENERIC CARRIER ROM with SENSE UI 2.5 on a Verizon Touch Pro.

This is the 4th one I have used and I will tell you why. I am on Verizon( ugghhhh I live in Montana I really have no other choice). And with the phone being so crippled(Took out memory and other stuff compared to Sprint, from what I read) I was unable to use a couple different Roms. I WANTED to use them, I LOVED the look, but with everything installed the phone was SO lagged it was nearly impossible to use. On a sprint phone it would of been AWESOME I think. It might not of even been the rom, something might have been wrong when I installed it. I tried MightRom6 and I did like it, the only reason I switched is because I wanted the "Sense" instead of TouchFlo, I don't know why, I just wanted something new, but I LOVE it.

Right now with this cooked rom, and tacchan23's Sense Theme and Top bar I LOVE it. Run's fast as hell. Faster then the Stock rom. Looks AMAZING. Smooth. I LOVE Sense. Right now my phone is set up exactly how I want it. Sense is way better then TouchFlo IMO.

To anyone who is new to installed cooked roms and is on Verizon I highly suggest NFSFAN's Rom if you want Sense, or Mighty if you want TouchFlo(Might is still a little faster from what I can tell, But just doesn't have the look and feel that I want). I wish I had sprint because from what I hear their phones have more memory, and from what I encountered will be able to run certain roms that a Verizon HTC touch Pro won't(I could be wrong).

Anyway, Thanks to everyone who is wrote a tutorial or anything. Thanks to everyone who has worked on ANY cooked rom. Big props to all cooks, they have amazing skills!

Awesome site and awesome job on everything!

whitak3r

May 25, 2009
Thanks :). I've been browsing for over a year, I signed up pretty much a year ago, mainly used this place for simple questions. But I got into the cooked rom scene pretty fast. I was tired of installing all these programs to "customize" my layout, just to slow down my phone even MORE. I love these roms because, not only do I get more functions and a better look than my stock rom, but It is WAY faster, which is really nice. I HATE stock verizon rom. It's ugly, slow, and everything about it is lame. I have tried Wisbar/WBA Desktop/ MObile Shell 3.5, I like them ,but they all slow my phone down WAY to much. Now after I install a cooked rom, I install PhoneX, S2U2 and SMS-Chat, and that is all I need. My phone looks perfect and I am not suffering a loss of resources!

Big props to all the work that is done around here.