• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

K20 Pro Premium Edition Compatibilty

Search This thread

zacks74

Mar 21, 2016
okaaaay... waiting for my phone to boot...

Attachments

• 20191211_213202.jpg
    20191211_213202.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 197

MajorBoobage

Nov 22, 2018
So for future reference I found this thread (which for some reason doesn't show up in the normal search (maybe because of how he spelled "premier"?)):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/k20...n-rom-t4010735
Tldr:
The following Android10 ROMs successfully boot and basic functions work (no detailed info about stability/functionality):
HavocOS
RevengeOS
ION
Xtended
ColtOS
Syberia

The following Android10 ROMs boot, and based on reports from several users are stable and functional:
EvolutionxOS
LineageOS17

Reactions: ps000000

smjunaid

May 7, 2010
No idea brother... I am now using k20 pro indian rom on my k20 pro premium edition and so far i am on latest firmware... So cant tell if we can get ota or not... I will share my experience if we have an update
Why did you move to indian rom from global rom ? Indian rom any better,?

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro Premium Edition using Tapatalk

umermushtaq

Oct 4, 2013
lahore
have you flashed the indian rom with stock recovery or you used twrp? i tried but i was having device mismatch error in the miflash tool.

Okay boy let me tell you tge procedure

1. Flash twrp recovery and to get it functional need to wipe the internal storage.... For that reason you should backup your necessary data

2. Then wipe dalvic, cache, system and data and flash indian global rom zip file via twrp.... And boom there is an error of mismatch or non compatible rom....

3. Prepare the zip file to flash... Which needs following requirements
a. Unzip the file
b. Locate the update - script file and Remove the
first 2 lines in update- script
c. Remove compatibility zip
d. Compress the folder to make a zip file to flash via
twrp

4. Now Flash the zio file with twrp and and boom its now flashed successfully

5. More clean and more satisfying is flashing via fastboot... Now you can flash the indian rom via flashboot.... To flash you know the fastboot procedure... Flash it to get the most stockiest experience.
Have a fun day... Attaching the pic to tell.. Its possible

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-18-09-00-31-415_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-18-09-00-31-415_com.android.settings.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 226
Reactions: smjunaid

ayan15

Sep 22, 2008
Manila
Got my premium unlocked without wait times.. I think that's the new mi unlock.. then flashed twrp and now running evolution x rom.. detected sd855plus. Now it's my daily driver.

Reactions: smjunaid

drphysics

Dec 20, 2019
Hello All i just got my K20 pro premium China rom two days ago and i am planning to flash global rom but unfortunately i am new to all flash processes and basic knowledge
i have road all the comments here and have some questions hoping some one can help me through
1- what the difference between EU/IN/Global roms
2- what the difference between xiaomi.eu rom and official rom one mi site
3- on mi site there two roms first mi 9 t pro global rom and 2nd k20 pro Indian rom which one can be flashed on k20 pro premium and what the difference
4- is unlocking the phone will make me cant use banking apps ?
5- what the best way to flash the rom using miflash tool or twrp which i dont know to use tbh and why

Dadovvv

Sep 25, 2010
VU
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)
Hello All i just got my K20 pro premium China rom two days ago and i am planning to flash global rom but unfortunately i am new to all flash processes and basic knowledge
i have road all the comments here and have some questions hoping some one can help me through
1- what the difference between EU/IN/Global roms
2- what the difference between xiaomi.eu rom and official rom one mi site
3- on mi site there two roms first mi 9 t pro global rom and 2nd k20 pro Indian rom which one can be flashed on k20 pro premium and what the difference
4- is unlocking the phone will make me cant use banking apps ?
5- what the best way to flash the rom using miflash tool or twrp which i dont know to use tbh and why

1. EU/EEA have google dialer, google sms, google contact and no options for call recording.
GLOBAL is same like EU/EEA
IN/INDIA have miui contact, sms, dialer and have options for call recording.
2.Xiaomi.eu is custom moded rom based on Official china stable/beta rom
3. Read this thread u have only 10 pages and u will find answer.
4. Depending what banking, some works some don't
5. Mi flash tool is for flashing official rom from xiaomi and u can flash only rom which your phone model support ( but be careful u can brick device if u select "flash all and lock" options wile flashing wrong regional rom.)
Twrp is for flashing official zip rom or flashing custom rom for your device.

drphysics

Dec 20, 2019
1. EU/EEA have google dialer, google sms, google contact and no options for call recording.
GLOBAL is same like EU/EEA
IN/INDIA have miui contact, sms, dialer and have options for call recording.
2.Xiaomi.eu is custom moded rom based on Official china stable/beta rom
3. Read this thread u have only 10 pages and u will find answer.
4. Depending what banking, some works some don't
5. Mi flash tool is for flashing official rom from xiaomi and u can flash only rom which your phone model support ( but be careful u can brick device if u select "flash all and lock" options wile flashing wrong regional rom.)
Twrp is for flashing official zip rom or flashing custom rom for your device.

Thanks alot for your help
correct me if i am wrong EU roms ends with EUXM and Indian roms ends with INXM and global roms ends with MIXM right.
and based on that my old phone have global rom and it comes with miui dialer, contacts, sms and have recording option same as all phone being sold in country (Egypt) from mi store.
but that isnt my main issue now, now i am more concerned about unlocking my phone what i will lose by doing that as i am not sure some says u cant use google pay and some other apps provides phone banking and some says that it works fine so i am not sure if unlocking my phone and flashing global rom or idian rom worth it or not especially i am not sure if CN rom will cause me any problems later as its my first phone with CN rom.

Top Liked Posts