• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

K2501 thread

Search This thread

ian1mm989

Oct 6, 2018
Starting a thread for those of us who happen to have a unlabeled hu displaying K2501 or NWD_K2501(T5) I don't know if this is a newer unit that no one has documentation on or if this unit is purposely mislabeled by the manufacturer. CPU-Z shows it is an octa core processor "8x ARM Cortex-A53 @ 2.60GHz" CPU-Z also shows the model number as "K2501 (K2501_HDDZ_S212151)" hardware is "Sun50iw9p1" I have only been able to get developer mode turned on and enabled usb debugging. However every time i connect a usb a to usb a my computer does not detect it, I am guessing this is because the unit is set to host instead of device. But i have not found anyway to change it yet. Please let me know if anyone else has any more information on this unit.

20210825_090233.jpg20210825_090303.jpg20210825_090844.jpg20210825_091325.jpg20210825_091330.jpg20210825_091335.jpg20210827_004127.jpg20210828_182450.jpg20210828_182459.jpg20210828_182506.jpg

ian1mm989

Oct 6, 2018

CAMECHO HIGH-END 8-CORE [2G+32G] Android Radio
This is the only information I can dig up on this unit

Still no usb debugging..

sharkbait_325

May 27, 2007
Tokyo
Hi. I have the same model.
Screenshot_20200101-090624.png

I have a Vgate iCar Pro BLE OBD scanner but the OBD match app inside the Toolbox can't detect it. The OBD match app appears to only detect OBD devices that has "OBD" in its Bluetooth ID.

ian1mm989

Oct 6, 2018
View attachment 5401513
I have a Vgate iCar Pro BLE OBD scanner but the OBD match app inside the Toolbox can't detect it. The OBD match app appears to only detect OBD devices that has "OBD" in its Bluetooth ID.
Males ke wonder I'd it's just a k2501 with a d
View attachment 5401513
This is the one i got. It was cheap and works well. If it's a matter of id connect it to your phone and see if an accompanying app can change the name that's what i did.

ian1mm989

Oct 6, 2018
Cool story here. i pulled the factory.settings apk with apk extractor and was able to reverse it and found these defined classes

public class PlatformUtils {
public static final int PLATFORM_MTK_6762_CARKIT = 11;

public static final int PLATFORM_MTK_CARKIT = 8;

public static final int PLATFORM_N3_CARKIT = 5;

public static final int PLATFORM_QUALCOMM_8937_CARKIT = 4;

public static final int PLATFORM_QUALCOMM_CARKIT = 2;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_8541_CARKIT = 9;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_9853_CARKIT = 8;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_CARKIT = 7;

public static final int PLATFORM_T2_CARKIT = 0;

public static final int PLATFORM_T2_REAR_MIRROR = 1;

public static final int PLATFORM_T3_CARKIT = 3;

public static final int PLATFORM_T5_CARKIT = 10;

public static final int PLATFORM_T7_CARKIT = 6;

public static final int PRODUCT_TYPE_N3_NAVI_BOARD = 100;

Something i did not realize that they had different car kits per different platforms. Dont know if it will be useful yet. Just thought it was interesting.

Reactions: sharkbait_325

ian1mm989

Oct 6, 2018
Hi Ian,

I contacted Vgate support and asked if the bluetooth ID can be changed. They responded to me that it is not possible. :(
sorry never sent you the link
If you cant change the device name on both the obd2 device and on the head unit.. Try doing this
turn on your car and open the phone app , Disable the Bluetooth on your phone so it doesn't auto connect. press the search icon and i think it will find it and connect. after that open torque pro and im pretty sure it will still be connected. So don't use the toolbox thing to find the odb2

neoexploda

Dec 4, 2020
Hi all, I just bought my new car and it come with this model of android head unit. My question is. is there a way to change the launcher? I try a few launcher but the system refuse to change to the one i installed and it remain as the default launcher.

ian1mm989

Oct 6, 2018
Hi all, I just bought my new car and it come with this model of android head unit. My question is. is there a way to change the launcher? I try a few launcher but the system refuse to change to the one i installed and it remain as the default launcher.
Yes and no I got mine to change but it a pain in the a** I had to setup wireless adb and adb into it using my phone. These head units are stuck in host mode disabling the ability to use a USB USB to usb a otg. Deleting the file the /bin/security??? Firestorm doesn't it would be really nice if I could type but all these damn adds I can't even see what i am typing so blame the xda web development team for not being more creative and finding a new way to Rais money for hosting. U wanna know how to do it email me [email protected].

harounse

Feb 25, 2018
Starting a thread for those of us who happen to have a unlabeled hu displaying K2501 or NWD_K2501(T5) I don't know if this is a newer unit that no one has documentation on or if this unit is purposely mislabeled by the manufacturer. CPU-Z shows it is an octa core processor "8x ARM Cortex-A53 @ 2.60GHz" CPU-Z also shows the model number as "K2501 (K2501_HDDZ_S212151)" hardware is "Sun50iw9p1" I have only been able to get developer mode turned on and enabled usb debugging. However every time i connect a usb a to usb a my computer does not detect it, I am guessing this is because the unit is set to host instead of device. But i have not found anyway to change it yet. Please let me know if anyone else has any more information on this unit.

View attachment 5396559View attachment 5396561View attachment 5396563View attachment 5396565View attachment 5396567View attachment 5396569View attachment 5396571View attachment 5396573View attachment 5396575View attachment 5396577
Hi I have the same model and looking for a user manual.
I purchased a 4gb ram version,My unit shows 4gb but cpuz detects 2gb ram

Attachments

• IMG_20210924_211610__01.jpg
    IMG_20210924_211610__01.jpg
    943.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20210923_181246.jpg
    IMG_20210923_181246.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20210920_141717__01.jpg
    IMG_20210920_141717__01.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20210920_192210.jpg
    IMG_20210920_192210.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20210920_192114.jpg
    IMG_20210920_192114.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 30

ian1mm989

Oct 6, 2018
Welcome to my world man. Only thing I have done with my unit is enable wireless debugging and am able to adb connect over wifi and shell in as root. No one really has any information on these. That's why I started this thread was so that we have some information somewhere. I need a user manual as well amazon seller got ass hot when I had asked for the update zip and user manual and refused to supply it

harounse

Feb 25, 2018
Welcome to my world man. Only thing I have done with my unit is enable wireless debugging and am able to adb connect over wifi and shell in as root. No one really has any information on these. That's why I started this thread was so that we have some information somewhere. I need a user manual as well amazon seller got ass hot when I had asked for the update zip and user manual and refused to supply it
Hi. I am having the same issue with supplier. They refuse to send me any information. I need the password to reset headunit to factory settings. My gps isn't working correctly and takes extremely long to detect satellite and when it does,it gives me the wrong directions. My onboard mic has a bad echo when on call even when an external mic connected or disconnected. Does anyone have the password to reset to factory settings?

ian1mm989

Oct 6, 2018
Hi. I am having the same issue with supplier. They refuse to send me any information. I need the password to reset headunit to factory settings. My gps isn't working correctly and takes extremely long to detect satellite and when it does,it gives me the wrong directions. My onboard mic has a bad echo when on call even when an external mic connected or disconnected. Does anyone have the password to reset to factory settings?
I haven't been able to get the onboard mic to work at all.. but to do a factory reset try 1617 or 8888 or 1234 also try 3333. I've noticed the satellite is very finicky I had a horrible time with mine until I recounted it in "almost" clear sight of the sky. I say almost because I have a 17 subaru outback that has a center dash speaker with a grate over it its located directly under the windshield. Moving it to an open spot did it for Mr.

Attachments

• IMG_4644.jpg
    IMG_4644.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 11

ian1mm989

Oct 6, 2018
These units can be booted into recovery mode using any terminal emulator with the reboot recovery command but it returns no commands. Even it it says no commands usually uvsent it a vol+ or - and it should show the standard recovery menu. But I can't figure out how tobissue the volume + - once I get that I should be able to get a functioning root working with magisk and build a custom rom without all the S**tware on it

harounse

Feb 25, 2018
I haven't been able to get the onboard mic to work at all.. but to do a factory reset try 1617 or 8888 or 1234 also try 3333. I've noticed the satellite is very finicky I had a horrible time with mine until I recounted it in "almost" clear sight of the sky. I say almost because I have a 17 subaru outback that has a center dash speaker with a grate over it its located directly under the windshield. Moving it to an open spot did it for Mr.
Thanks I managed to reset with 1234. Regarding mic,I tried a different mobile and mic worked perfectly. I set mic gain at 1.
Did you manage to get Android auto to work wirelessly? What App do you have loaded on your head unit for Android auto?
Android auto works via USB only on my unit and I am using Zlink but I find that when I connect my mobile via USB, the mobile does not charge even though it shows charging.

ian1mm989

Oct 6, 2018
Thanks I managed to reset with 1234. Regarding mic,I tried a different mobile and mic worked perfectly. I set mic gain at 1.
Did you manage to get Android auto to work wirelessly? What App do you have loaded on your head unit for Android auto?
Android auto works via USB only on my unit and I am using Zlink but I find that when I connect my mobile via USB, the mobile does not charge even though it shows charging.
What do you mean a different mobile and mic??????
I have easyconnection. You have zlink but you also have easycon eating as well. I. Your factory settings under system settings, factory settings, 1617 passcode, feature settings if you enable phone connected and disable Baidu carlife and reboot you should find that zlink is disables and easyconnect is now in its place.

WJAM29

Oct 4, 2021
Yes and no I got mine to change but it a pain in the a** I had to setup wireless adb and adb into it using my phone. These head units are stuck in host mode disabling the ability to use a USB USB to usb a otg. Deleting the file the /bin/security??? Firestorm doesn't it would be really nice if I could type but all these damn adds I can't even see what i am typing so blame the xda web development team for not being more creative and finding a new way to Rais money for hosting. U wanna know how to do it email me [email protected].
Hi,

I have this unit, any chance on the instructions on how to change the launcher?

Many Thanks

Will.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could you upload that firmware to Google drive or another file host and share the link with me? I have the same issue with the camera. I also have no roms for the 2501. I will flash my unit and troubleshoot

Here it is

Update.zip
    Hello,

Do you have update file for this unit? I have one but it is not working.
    What other options are avaliable while using this code 16176699?
    Is it possible to share internet connection with this radio via USB, mine is disconnecting Wifi from time to time
    Other Option availiable are : 360, TPMS, TV2, ADAS, 360 (3rd party), that's what appear on my unit, if you use code: 16176699, if you use 16177 all that option in feature including car play will not appear.
    Hi,

I managed to get into the UI Style settings and changed from style 2 to style 1, saved and rebooted, didn't make any difference, if im honest not sure what that setting does?

Many Thanks

Will.
    After disecting the Factoryconfig.ini file surprisingly enough today I found the code for enabling UI style, it's 222888, :-D, I wonder what else could I do, by tinkering with all those file.
    Try 111333 as password to change UI
    you must be forget to see that I already solve the problem the code is 222888 not 111333, as I already said the 111333 not working.
    Could you upload that firmware to Google drive or another file host and share the link with me? I have the same issue with the camera. I also have no roms for the 2501. I will flash my unit and troubleshoot

Here it is

Update.zip
    Not android-auto, requested a moderator moves to [Android Head-units] forum.
    Sorry about that. I keep forgetting android auto is a thing lol
    Cool story here. i pulled the factory.settings apk with apk extractor and was able to reverse it and found these defined classes

public class PlatformUtils {
    public static final int PLATFORM_MTK_6762_CARKIT = 11;

public static final int PLATFORM_MTK_CARKIT = 8;

public static final int PLATFORM_N3_CARKIT = 5;

public static final int PLATFORM_QUALCOMM_8937_CARKIT = 4;

public static final int PLATFORM_QUALCOMM_CARKIT = 2;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_8541_CARKIT = 9;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_9853_CARKIT = 8;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_CARKIT = 7;

public static final int PLATFORM_T2_CARKIT = 0;

public static final int PLATFORM_T2_REAR_MIRROR = 1;

public static final int PLATFORM_T3_CARKIT = 3;

public static final int PLATFORM_T5_CARKIT = 10;

public static final int PLATFORM_T7_CARKIT = 6;

public static final int PRODUCT_TYPE_N3_NAVI_BOARD = 100;

Something i did not realize that they had different car kits per different platforms. Dont know if it will be useful yet. Just thought it was interesting.
    Not android-auto, requested a moderator moves to [Android Head-units] forum.
    Wondering if we can reverse the tools app that controls the obdII connection to include other device id's and names.?
    Hello,

Do you have update file for this unit? I have one but it is not working.
    What other options are avaliable while using this code 16176699?
    Is it possible to share internet connection with this radio via USB, mine is disconnecting Wifi from time to time
    Other Option availiable are : 360, TPMS, TV2, ADAS, 360 (3rd party), that's what appear on my unit, if you use code: 16176699, if you use 16177 all that option in feature including car play will not appear.