K2501 thread

Search This thread

FabiaSkodaRS

Oct 6, 2021
I found on 4pda forum firmware with Android 11 but after flashing in settings > device info it still shows Android 10. Am I doing something wrong?
Here it is

noez92

Sep 24, 2008
Indonesia
I found on 4pda forum firmware with Android 11 but after flashing in settings > device info it still shows Android 10. Am I doing something wrong?
Here it is
it's old firmware, same with march patch, if you have k2501 based android 10, it'll stay android 10. because this is not full firmware, just update patch

FabiaSkodaRS

Oct 6, 2021
it's old firmware, same with march patch, if you have k2501 based android 10, it'll stay android 10. because this is not full firmware, just update patch
I saw that someone received head unit based on Allwinner T5 k2501 with android 11. Will it be possible to update to 11 in the future with newer version of update.zip?

fujanto

Jan 18, 2014
How could connect BT device ie radar to HU K2501 , app were cobra iradar (If App iradar connected smartphone to radar just as normally works but in HU no able to connect)

Also how to rotate screen HU to potrait/ vertical mode?

Attachments

• IMG_20220717_104632.jpg
    IMG_20220717_104632.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20220717_104830.jpg
    IMG_20220717_104830.jpg
    793.6 KB · Views: 11

Dadangganteng27

Jul 17, 2022
Please how to root the head unit model is T5 F52LB/Hardware by UP/Powered by AllwinnerPlease how to root the head unit model is T5 F52LB/Hardware by UP/Powered by Allwinner

Reactions: sunujacob

klaumar

Nov 12, 2012
Hello everybody,

First, I would like to thank you for all the information provided in this topic. That I read from beginning to end and thanks to him, I already installed the version with root.

However, in this learning process, I noticed that the status bar and the Android settings options appear very limited in my head unit (as we can see in the attached images.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to release the menus or install other software with these options?
PS: Android 11

Attachments

• IMG_20220728_014116.jpg
    IMG_20220728_014116.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20220728_014051.jpg
    IMG_20220728_014051.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 27

noez92

Sep 24, 2008
Indonesia
Hello everybody,

First, I would like to thank you for all the information provided in this topic. That I read from beginning to end and thanks to him, I already installed the version with root.

However, in this learning process, I noticed that the status bar and the Android settings options appear very limited in my head unit (as we can see in the attached images.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to release the menus or install other software with these options?
how to enable dark mode like that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody,

Hello everybody,

I have got OBD working finally!

There's some effort going on in Russia over 4PDA forum. The content is all in Russian, but it's understandable if you use Google Translator. Somebody recently posted a more recent firmware version, and the guys over at 4PDA released a rooted version of this firmware.

This latest firmware seems to resolve OBD issues. I have updated my head unit with this and tested. Of course, OBD adapter still needs to be labelled as "OBDII"(I haven't tried other devices).

Link to forum thread: https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1033389&st=500#entry112669689
    Firmware is named: K2501_FYDZ_S212101.20220112.165334_Root

NOTE: The firmware didn't download for me unless I used a VPN for some reason.

Update method is simple:
    1. Download firmware from above link.
    2. Extract the RAR, find a file named "update.zip", and copy this file to a flash drive(I used 16GB drive)
    3. Connect the flash drive to one of the USB ports of head unit.
    4. Open "Car Settings", click on "Factory Settings"(use password 16176699), and export config for safety. This will export config to the connected flash drive.
    5. Exit "Factory Settings" without saving changes, go back to "Car Settings" and choose "Update".
    6. A dialog says Update.zip file exists in expected location. Now, click on "Update" Button.
    7. You get a warning saying everything will be erased, click on confirm. Do not unplug flash drive after this.
    8. Head Unit will start installing, reboot, and erase your existing config.
    9. After successful installation, head unit will ask if you want to import FactoryConfig from connected flash drive. I have chosen "No", I recommend the same for you unless necessary. Head Unit will ask this question every time you connect the flash drive, until the exported files from step "4" are deleted from it.
    10. You might get a dialog upon booting asking if you want to give SuperUser access to "NetworkStack", I chose yes - I do not know what would happen otherwise.

That's it, enjoy your updated firmware!

To use OBD Adapter with Torque app:
    1. Install Torque app from Play store.
    2. Open "TOolbox" app in Head Unit.
    3. Select "OBD Match"
    4. In the password field on right hand side, type the pairing password for your OBD Adapter - mine was "1234".
    5. Click on "Search" option at the left, and your OBD adapter should be listed shortly. It may not show up unless the adapter is internally named as "OBDII".
    6. Select the listed "OBDII" adapter for pairing. You should get a notification at the bottom saying "FactorySettings: Pair success!".
    7. Exit Toolbox app, open Torque, and choose your recently paired OBD adapter labelled "OBDII".
    8. Torque should successfully be able to connect to your car's ECU now!

Need to thank the guys over at 4PDA for all their work! Also, they seem to be working on making a DSP software called "James DSP" work with this head unit. They say this would greatly improve sound quality if all goes well!
    Could you upload that firmware to Google drive or another file host and share the link with me? I have the same issue with the camera. I also have no roms for the 2501. I will flash my unit and troubleshoot

Here it is

Update.zip
    Cool story here. i pulled the factory.settings apk with apk extractor and was able to reverse it and found these defined classes

public class PlatformUtils {
    public static final int PLATFORM_MTK_6762_CARKIT = 11;

public static final int PLATFORM_MTK_CARKIT = 8;

public static final int PLATFORM_N3_CARKIT = 5;

public static final int PLATFORM_QUALCOMM_8937_CARKIT = 4;

public static final int PLATFORM_QUALCOMM_CARKIT = 2;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_8541_CARKIT = 9;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_9853_CARKIT = 8;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_CARKIT = 7;

public static final int PLATFORM_T2_CARKIT = 0;

public static final int PLATFORM_T2_REAR_MIRROR = 1;

public static final int PLATFORM_T3_CARKIT = 3;

public static final int PLATFORM_T5_CARKIT = 10;

public static final int PLATFORM_T7_CARKIT = 6;

public static final int PRODUCT_TYPE_N3_NAVI_BOARD = 100;

Something i did not realize that they had different car kits per different platforms. Dont know if it will be useful yet. Just thought it was interesting.
    Hello everybody,