• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

K2501 thread

Search This thread

st3v4nt

Nov 6, 2011
The code for the factory settings will be either 16176699 or 1617 or both in my unit. The style settings password should be 111333 and it has plenty of options
Yep as I mention already in previous post the UI style code is changed by factory, but I think we can put any code we like by editing the Factorysetting.ini, the code in my unit is 222888. If you manage to open and change the Factorysetting.ini you can put any code you like I think.

Hi all, I just bought my new car and it come with this model of android head unit. My question is. is there a way to change the launcher? I try a few launcher but the system refuse to change to the one i installed and it remain as the default launcher.

It's super easy to do... download your favorite launcher for me it was carwebguru or agama... go to car settings, find WHITELIST option and add your launcher into the whitelist.. problem solved.. thank me later

Hello all, I want to add any info that I got regarding this Android Head Unit Model that I know so far.
This particular model (at least in my case) use two type of factory setting password.
You need to type in 1617 to access basic factory setting (i.e to set reverse camera type and so on)
in order to gain access to android auto and apple car play through Zlink app you need to type 16176699
only then the option to activate android auto or apple car play appear in form of car play option.
You can then run and activated zlink app and can connect android auto or apple car play. The UI style option
lock behind (some say) factory lock password which unfortunately I have not get it. I've been trying all the PIN code and password listed in the forum (i.e 8888 etc) none worked on my unit.

The Distributor in my country said it purposely locked in order to prevent user to change the UI, since the default UI is the most optimized for user experience ( I think it a little bit rubbish excuse). It appear user also can not change the home app to different launcher since the default launcher locked. I try to force free launcher as default launcher through navi app boot option but every time I click the home button panel it change back to default built in launcher. The usb debugging option can be access through android about menu.

If there is any additional info please share it with me (i.e how to change the default launcher) as I will also add new info regarding this unit.
Try 111333 as password to change UI

neoexploda

Dec 4, 2020
It's super easy to do... download your favorite launcher for me it was carwebguru or agama... go to car settings, find WHITELIST option and add your launcher into the whitelist.. problem solved.. thank me later
Hi Adi,

Thanks for the advise.
I remember i try this before, but it didn't work. Will try again with the launcher u mention.

ian1mm989

Oct 6, 2018
Obviously not solved if 222888 is not working for multiple users. Neither 111888 or 222888 work for the 4pda rooted firmware

st3v4nt

Nov 6, 2011
Obviously not solved if 222888 is not working for multiple users. Neither 111888 or 222888 work for the 4pda rooted firmware
Well you can copy the factoryconfig.ini file to usb disk and edit it withpc they have entry UIstyle password inside and you can put any number you like, mine come with 222888 from factory. Don't forget to put it back to headunit after.

WJAM29

Oct 4, 2021
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back, I have also tried adding AGAMA Launcher to the whitelist in Car Setting and it made no difference :-(

Thanks for the info though, the search goes on.

Many Thanks

Will.

ian1mm989

Oct 6, 2018
I don't think you can just grab the playstore apk and use it. It also has a framework that it's built off of. To get Google services like that you'll need to install GAPPS or Google apps

CleverCastro

Oct 25, 2021
Hi! I installed the rooted ROM version and after many attempts I managed to install Google Play. Besides it, other files are needed, such as Google Play Services and others. I had to test several different versions to get it working, so I will upload all the APKs I used.

https://mega.nz/file/QJx2wDwC#vva8tzJV5zlnKDd7hmqyus2uJNjcBhnrxe2aIme8dGs

About the launcher, I haven't found a way to replace the default yet, but I keep trying.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hallo all..
    I need firmware for flash from computer .. not update.zip .. need 2501x_xxxx.img, please help me, my radio blank screen 🙏
    Hallo all..
    I need firmware for flash from computer .. not update.zip .. need 2501x_xxxx.img, please help me, my radio blank screen 🙏
    Please i need firmware image file for flash with Phoenix tool ..
    Any luck with this with the help of img file shared by @ian1mm989
    I have not had time to play with it yet. But it's not the img file I am going to have a problem with. It'll be device drivers or getting it to connect to the computer. I know the k2001 units have a set of u-boot test points that are used to but the system into sort of an Odin or Download mode and I haven't figured out how to this on the k2501. I know it has plenty of test points but if anyone has any suggestions on what ones would pit it into test mode I'm all ears.
    Does anyone have any tips to make GPS satellite fixing work better. My GPS takes 15 minutes to detect and fix the satellites and then loses them all the time
    Make sure it has a clear path to the sky
    Mine I removed the center speaker on my dash, moved it over and fit the GPS in the same housing.
    Could you upload that firmware to Google drive or another file host and share the link with me? I have the same issue with the camera. I also have no roms for the 2501. I will flash my unit and troubleshoot

Here it is

Update.zip
    Not android-auto, requested a moderator moves to [Android Head-units] forum.
    Sorry about that. I keep forgetting android auto is a thing lol
    Cool story here. i pulled the factory.settings apk with apk extractor and was able to reverse it and found these defined classes

public class PlatformUtils {
    public static final int PLATFORM_MTK_6762_CARKIT = 11;

public static final int PLATFORM_MTK_CARKIT = 8;

public static final int PLATFORM_N3_CARKIT = 5;

public static final int PLATFORM_QUALCOMM_8937_CARKIT = 4;

public static final int PLATFORM_QUALCOMM_CARKIT = 2;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_8541_CARKIT = 9;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_9853_CARKIT = 8;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_CARKIT = 7;

public static final int PLATFORM_T2_CARKIT = 0;

public static final int PLATFORM_T2_REAR_MIRROR = 1;

public static final int PLATFORM_T3_CARKIT = 3;

public static final int PLATFORM_T5_CARKIT = 10;

public static final int PLATFORM_T7_CARKIT = 6;

public static final int PRODUCT_TYPE_N3_NAVI_BOARD = 100;

Something i did not realize that they had different car kits per different platforms. Dont know if it will be useful yet. Just thought it was interesting.
    Not android-auto, requested a moderator moves to [Android Head-units] forum.
    Wondering if we can reverse the tools app that controls the obdII connection to include other device id's and names.?
    Does anyone have any tips to make GPS satellite fixing work better. My GPS takes 15 minutes to detect and fix the satellites and then loses them all the time
    Make sure it has a clear path to the sky
    Mine I removed the center speaker on my dash, moved it over and fit the GPS in the same housing.