• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

K2501 thread

Search This thread

fesearle88

Oct 25, 2021
Hi! I installed the rooted ROM version and after many attempts I managed to install Google Play. Besides it, other files are needed, such as Google Play Services and others. I had to test several different versions to get it working, so I will upload all the APKs I used.

https://mega.nz/file/QJx2wDwC#vva8tzJV5zlnKDd7hmqyus2uJNjcBhnrxe2aIme8dGs

About the launcher, I haven't found a way to replace the default yet, but I keep trying.
Hi there. U try add the launcher app to the "White List" and set as the default launcher?

fesearle88

Oct 25, 2021
Hi! I installed the rooted ROM version and after many attempts I managed to install Google Play. Besides it, other files are needed, such as Google Play Services and others. I had to test several different versions to get it working, so I will upload all the APKs I used.

https://mega.nz/file/QJx2wDwC#vva8tzJV5zlnKDd7hmqyus2uJNjcBhnrxe2aIme8dGs

About the launcher, I haven't found a way to replace the default yet, but I keep trying.
I instaled your apps, but when i open the play store, says "we coudnt comunicate with google services"

CleverCastro

Oct 25, 2021
I will give this a try soon.

Is the Google Play store now working with the apps you supplied?
Yes, everything working perfectly.
IMG_20211027_232304.jpg

Athar Mansoor

Aug 13, 2009
Pune
Hello,
I tried installing all provided software from your link. It did go thru. Though had to install another services framework. The one you had provided didn't seem to work
After that all google services were working.

And using My Android tools was able to change to custom launcher as well

All worked fine until a restart. Now the head unit is stuck at loading. Showing "Please wait" on the boot screen. Not able to progress further.

Any help here would be appreciated.

CleverCastro

Oct 25, 2021
Hello,
I tried installing all provided software from your link. It did go thru. Though had to install another services framework. The one you had provided didn't seem to work
After that all google services were working.

And using My Android tools was able to change to custom launcher as well

All worked fine until a restart. Now the head unit is stuck at loading. Showing "Please wait" on the boot screen. Not able to progress further.

Any help here would be appreciated.
Hi!
Unfortunately I had the same problem :/
When I restarted it got stuck on the "please wait" screen. I believe it is trying to load the default launcher.
I'm researching, but so far I haven't found any solution.
I'm going to delete the video where I showed you how to do it, to prevent other people from being harmed too.

geraldfbi

May 29, 2010
Hallo all..
I need firmware for flash from computer .. not update.zip .. need 2501x_xxxx.img, please help me, my radio blank screen 🙏

Last edited:
Reactions: ian1mm989

neoexploda

Dec 4, 2020
Hi all,

I am still not able to change my launcher as per advise by @Adi.Vyas

Below is my system info, I am wondering is my head unit the same as what all of your are using.

KYHeadUnit.jpg

Franfe

Oct 13, 2021
Starting a thread for those of us who happen to have a unlabeled hu displaying K2501 or NWD_K2501(T5) I don't know if this is a newer unit that no one has documentation on or if this unit is purposely mislabeled by the manufacturer. CPU-Z shows it is an octa core processor "8x ARM Cortex-A53 @ 2.60GHz" CPU-Z also shows the model number as "K2501 (K2501_HDDZ_S212151)" hardware is "Sun50iw9p1" I have only been able to get developer mode turned on and enabled usb debugging. However every time i connect a usb a to usb a my computer does not detect it, I am guessing this is because the unit is set to host instead of device. But i have not found anyway to change it yet. Please let me know if anyone else has any more information on this unit.

View attachment 5396559View attachment 5396561View attachment 5396563View attachment 5396565View attachment 5396567View attachment 5396569View attachment 5396571View attachment 5396573View attachment 5396575View attachment 5396577
Starting a thread for those of us who happen to have a unlabeled hu displaying K2501 or NWD_K2501(T5) I don't know if this is a newer unit that no one has documentation on or if this unit is purposely mislabeled by the manufacturer. CPU-Z shows it is an octa core processor "8x ARM Cortex-A53 @ 2.60GHz" CPU-Z also shows the model number as "K2501 (K2501_HDDZ_S212151)" hardware is "Sun50iw9p1" I have only been able to get developer mode turned on and enabled usb debugging. However every time i connect a usb a to usb a my computer does not detect it, I am guessing this is because the unit is set to host instead of device. But i have not found anyway to change it yet. Please let me know if anyone else has any more information on this unit.

View attachment 5396559View attachment 5396561View attachment 5396563View attachment 5396565View attachment 5396567View attachment 5396569View attachment 5396571View attachment 5396573View attachment 5396575View attachment 5396577
Hello Ian.
I have the same reference and expectation about this radio.
On one occasion I followed the Q code displayed on the screen to update the version and it took me to a web address. Search but cannot find the reference K2501 or any other; I wrote to them and I am waiting for a response.

Hi everyone.
My apologies in advance, I am new to this and I have shortcomings and questions about the management of the forum.
My arrival here is to try to find the manufacturer of this radio and, if possible, request the radio frequency conformity certifications, issued by entities such as the FCC, CCC, CQE or CE.
My K2501 has "3G"
If anyone has this information, I would be grateful to provide it to me.

Attachments

• 20211027_105944.jpg
    20211027_105944.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 20211101_110129.jpg
    20211101_110129.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20211027_111822.jpg
    20211027_111822.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hallo all..
    I need firmware for flash from computer .. not update.zip .. need 2501x_xxxx.img, please help me, my radio blank screen 🙏
    Hallo all..
    Please i need firmware image file for flash with Phoenix tool ..
    Any luck with this with the help of img file shared by @ian1mm989
    I have not had time to play with it yet. But it's not the img file I am going to have a problem with. It'll be device drivers or getting it to connect to the computer. I know the k2001 units have a set of u-boot test points that are used to but the system into sort of an Odin or Download mode and I haven't figured out how to this on the k2501. I know it has plenty of test points but if anyone has any suggestions on what ones would pit it into test mode I'm all ears.
    Does anyone have any tips to make GPS satellite fixing work better. My GPS takes 15 minutes to detect and fix the satellites and then loses them all the time
    Make sure it has a clear path to the sky
    Mine I removed the center speaker on my dash, moved it over and fit the GPS in the same housing.
    Could you upload that firmware to Google drive or another file host and share the link with me? I have the same issue with the camera. I also have no roms for the 2501. I will flash my unit and troubleshoot

Here it is

Update.zip
    Not android-auto, requested a moderator moves to [Android Head-units] forum.
    Sorry about that. I keep forgetting android auto is a thing lol
    Cool story here. i pulled the factory.settings apk with apk extractor and was able to reverse it and found these defined classes

public class PlatformUtils {
    public static final int PLATFORM_MTK_6762_CARKIT = 11;

public static final int PLATFORM_MTK_CARKIT = 8;

public static final int PLATFORM_N3_CARKIT = 5;

public static final int PLATFORM_QUALCOMM_8937_CARKIT = 4;

public static final int PLATFORM_QUALCOMM_CARKIT = 2;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_8541_CARKIT = 9;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_9853_CARKIT = 8;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_CARKIT = 7;

public static final int PLATFORM_T2_CARKIT = 0;

public static final int PLATFORM_T2_REAR_MIRROR = 1;

public static final int PLATFORM_T3_CARKIT = 3;

public static final int PLATFORM_T5_CARKIT = 10;

public static final int PLATFORM_T7_CARKIT = 6;

public static final int PRODUCT_TYPE_N3_NAVI_BOARD = 100;

Something i did not realize that they had different car kits per different platforms. Dont know if it will be useful yet. Just thought it was interesting.
    Not android-auto, requested a moderator moves to [Android Head-units] forum.
    Wondering if we can reverse the tools app that controls the obdII connection to include other device id's and names.?
    Does anyone have any tips to make GPS satellite fixing work better. My GPS takes 15 minutes to detect and fix the satellites and then loses them all the time
    Make sure it has a clear path to the sky
    Mine I removed the center speaker on my dash, moved it over and fit the GPS in the same housing.