• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

K2501 thread

Search This thread

jagandots

Nov 22, 2021
Realme X2

Put Update.zip and update.script on the memory card.

Reboot your device and the automatic update will start. You can immediately remove the USB Flash and get the launcher running) Or wait until the end of the update to get a clean firmware.
I can see update_script in the URL. Can you please advise where to get update.zip

jagandots

Nov 22, 2021
Realme X2

Put Update.zip and update.script on the memory card.

Reboot your device and the automatic update will start. You can immediately remove the USB Flash and get the launcher running) Or wait until the end of the update to get a clean firmware.
I gave a try by downloading update.zip from 4pda ( > Chinese Firmware running Google Services K2501_NWD_S112101.20210803.092808_Root_VIPER4AndroidFX) and did as below.

1.Formatted USB Pendrive as FAT32
2.Copied update.zip file downloaded from 4pda
3.Downloaded update_script.rar from above given URL, extracted update.script from rar and copied this update.script as well in USB pendrive.
4. Inserted pendrive in HU usb slot 1, rebooted the HU. No change still in boot loop. Tried by clicking reset button, swipping on screen, no luck.
5. Did the same as step 4 by changing pendrive to HU usb slot 2, still no luck!

Please advise if I need to change any file or procedure

gensat

Nov 3, 2014
Does anyone know which 4G usb modem dongle is recognized by the K2501 NWD. Do I need to set something in the factory settings? Thanks

gensat

Nov 3, 2014
A question for everyone. After installing android on BMW X3 E83 the original radio CD works but no sound is heard. Should the audio of the original radio be enabled in the Android settings? Thanks

gemini44

Sep 14, 2010
Hi @FabiaSkodaRS ,
I updated the device with the file you sent. The interface was really awesome but I have issues.
Firstly, I cannot change the launcher, and secondly, my ZLink application is no longer visible. I found the apk, but the android head unit does not allow to install.
I cannot find my car model (2011 CRV) in can bus settings. Can i update the file? Thank you so much.
photo_2021-11-29 09.22.50.jpeg
photo_2021-11-29 09.23.09.jpeg

gemini44

Sep 14, 2010
I think I have zlink but not functional. I can not see any CarPlay option in factory settings.
Thanks for your help

Attachments

• ADEC34F4-5E62-444A-9B32-3AD5E6BED793.jpeg
    ADEC34F4-5E62-444A-9B32-3AD5E6BED793.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 32

gemini44

Sep 14, 2010
What do you mean a different mobile and mic??????
I have easyconnection. You have zlink but you also have easycon eating as well. I. Your factory settings under system settings, factory settings, 1617 passcode, feature settings if you enable phone connected and disable Baidu carlife and reboot you should find that zlink is disables and easyconnect is now in its place.
I updated my unit via
I installed the ROM from this file.
Hi CleverCastro,
I have installed this ROM but wireless carplay with Zlink is working in previous ROM but not working in this rom. Have you had such a problem? How can I solve this problem?
Thanks.

ian1mm989

Oct 6, 2018
Anyone else other than me having issues with the Derrick solution posted on 4pda using the test point shorts. I short the two leads then power it up but device manager does not see the unit I know the unit is on I see the red led on the other side and can hear it power on

xuxu1

Anyone else other than me having issues with the Derrick solution posted on 4pda using the test point shorts. I short the two leads then power it up but device manager does not see the unit I know the unit is on I see the red led on the other side and can hear it power on
How exactly did you do that? The USB connection must not exist when the device is switched on.

1. connect the test point with GND
2. switch on
3. wait 2-3 seconds then disconnect the test point.
4. connect to PC via USB

ian1mm989

Oct 6, 2018
How exactly did you do that? The USB connection must not exist when the device is switched on.

1. connect the test point with GND
2. switch on
3. wait 2-3 seconds then disconnect the test point.
4. connect to PC via USB
That's exactly what I am doing. I am able to get my other units into recovery no problem. Could some of you that have successfully gotten this method to work possibly post a pic of the test points you used? I have a feeling that I am not using the correct points.

ankurshaswat

Mar 24, 2011
Hi,

Where can I get any kind of software/firmware for a unit with the following configurations?

APPVER: K2501_UP_S212251.20210421.105050.H4H7.01D
PlatformVER: K25-2021/04/16[21:19:40]-v0.01_D
MCUVER: V2.0-FF01-20200724-A02-CAN0015-15-05-05000000000-00
BTVER: GOCBC8_V2.0/2020:11:09:15:22:35
CANAPPVER: v.21.03.09A_3.0[11:15] {H.201102} emmc:0x24de6ba0
CANBOXVER:
CARTYPE: Current for general purpose engine type {0-0-0-0-0}

KAPABLE-K

Jan 17, 2009
www.kapablek.com
Hi guys,

I currently have this head unit (T6) the touch screen had an issue where part of the screen would not respond to touch and the seller stopped responding to me, I've managed to fix it but heating it up with a blow dryer.

I would like some assistance with a problem, I installed TomTom GPS the problem is if I have the car on engine off and I start the app then start the car it would kill the app. How can I keep the app running?

I remember seeing the battery optimization option at one point on the system but I did a few resets and I do not see the option at all anymore.

pp20547

Aug 7, 2013
I got NWD_K2501 (T5), how to play video while driving?
as soon as I drive my screen opens Phone app and stuck on the screen till driving. Please help.

digislayer

Jan 15, 2022
Has anyone ever been able to successfully use Torque Pro on this device?

I have recently purchased a NWD_K2501(T5) based 4GB/64GB,(verified on CPU-Z) sold in a "Sharp" branded box in India.
For the life of me, I'm unable to use Torque Pro with a generic ELM327 based OBD dongle.

Here's my situation:
  1. OBD dongle is generic ELM327 device that is named "OBDII", and is verified to work properly using my Android Phone.
  2. The in-built "Toolbox" app has an entry called "OBD Match" that is able to search, detect, and pair with my OBD dongle.(The dongle actually blinks an LED, indicating pairing did happen)
  3. I have also tried pairing via the "Phone" app.
  4. Torque Pro is able to show the paired "OBDII" device in the dongle list, along with a device address - and I am able to select this device.
  5. Torque Pro icons show BT is connected and the Car icon keeps blinking(indicating ECU protocol search), but in reality I can tell a BT connection is not made - the dongle's BT LED is not lit or blinking. Torque pro doesn't recognize even if I disconnect(power-off) my OBD dongle, it still shows BT connected and the car icon keeps blinking.
  6. I have installed "Bluetooth Pair" app, and it shows already paired devices(my phone and the OBD dongle), but still has the "Pair" button available.
  7. I have rummaged through the "Factory Settings" menu multiple times, but unable to find a place where I can switch between BC3/BC6/BC8. Factory settings password "16176699" works for me.

I am a software engineer by profession, well versed with Linux, but not much with Android devices. I have so far only been able to enable "Developer Options". Have also installed FX Explorer and Termux apps, but nothing helped so far.

Please help, any help would be appreciated!

gensat

Nov 3, 2014
Czy ktoś kiedykolwiek był w stanie z powodzeniem używać Torque Pro na tym urządzeniu?

Niedawno kupiłem NWD_K2501 (T5) oparty na 4 GB / 64 GB (zweryfikowany na CPU-Z) sprzedawany w pudełku marki "Sharp" w Indiach.
Przez całe życie nie jestem w stanie używać Torque Pro z ogólnym kluczem OBD opartym na ELM327.

Oto moja sytuacja:
  1. Klucz sprzętowy OBD to ogólne urządzenie ELM327 o nazwie "OBDII" i zweryfikowane pod kątem prawidłowego działania przy użyciu mojego telefonu z Androidem.
  2. Wbudowana aplikacja "Toolbox" ma wpis o nazwie "OBD Match", który jest w stanie wyszukiwać, wykrywać i parować z moim kluczem sprzętowym OBD. (Klucz sprzętowy faktycznie diodą LED, co wskazuje, że parowanie miało miejsce)
  3. Próbowałem również parowania za pomocą aplikacji "Telefon".
  4. Torque Pro jest w stanie pokazać sparowane urządzenie "OBDII" na liście kluczy sprzętowych wraz z adresem urządzenia - i jestem w stanie wybrać to urządzenie.
  5. Ikony Torque Pro pokazują, że BT jest podłączony, a ikona samochodu (wskazując wyszukiwanie protokołu ECU), ale w rzeczywistości mogę powiedzieć, że połączenie BT nie zostało nawiązane - dioda LED BT klucza sprzętowego nie świeci się ani nie. Torque pro nie rozpoznaje, nawet jeśli odłączę (wyłączę) mój klucz sprzętowy OBD, nadal pokazuje BT podłączony, a ikona samochodu ciągle.
  6. Zainstalowałem aplikację "Bluetooth Pair" i pokazuje ona już sparowane urządzenia (mój telefon i klucz sprzętowy OBD), ale nadal ma dostępny przycisk "Paruj".
  7. Wielokrotnie grzebałem w menu "Ustawienia fabryczne", ale nie mogłem znaleźć miejsca, w którym mógłbym przełączać się między BC3 / BC6 / BC8. Hasło ustawień fabrycznych "16176699" działa dla mnie.

Z zawodu jestem inżynierem oprogramowania, dobrze zorientowanym w Linuksie, ale niewiele z urządzeniami z Androidem. Do tej pory udało mi się włączyć tylko "Opcje programisty". Zainstalowałem również aplikacje FX Explorer i Termux, ale do tej pory nic nie pomogło.

Proszę o pomoc, każda pomoc będzie mile widziana!
Witam. Mam to samo urządzenie, K2501_NWD 4gb-64gb. Niestety ELM327 nie działa, ponieważ Chińczycy wstawili blok do programu. Działają tylko sprzedawane przez nich urządzenia ELM327. Podsumowując, należy kupić urządzenie ELM327 od tego samego dealera, co urządzenie K2501_NWD.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could you upload that firmware to Google drive or another file host and share the link with me? I have the same issue with the camera. I also have no roms for the 2501. I will flash my unit and troubleshoot

Here it is

Update.zip
    Not android-auto, requested a moderator moves to [Android Head-units] forum.
    Sorry about that. I keep forgetting android auto is a thing lol
    Cool story here. i pulled the factory.settings apk with apk extractor and was able to reverse it and found these defined classes

public class PlatformUtils {
    public static final int PLATFORM_MTK_6762_CARKIT = 11;

public static final int PLATFORM_MTK_CARKIT = 8;

public static final int PLATFORM_N3_CARKIT = 5;

public static final int PLATFORM_QUALCOMM_8937_CARKIT = 4;

public static final int PLATFORM_QUALCOMM_CARKIT = 2;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_8541_CARKIT = 9;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_9853_CARKIT = 8;

public static final int PLATFORM_SPREADTRUM_CARKIT = 7;

public static final int PLATFORM_T2_CARKIT = 0;

public static final int PLATFORM_T2_REAR_MIRROR = 1;

public static final int PLATFORM_T3_CARKIT = 3;

public static final int PLATFORM_T5_CARKIT = 10;

public static final int PLATFORM_T7_CARKIT = 6;

public static final int PRODUCT_TYPE_N3_NAVI_BOARD = 100;

Something i did not realize that they had different car kits per different platforms. Dont know if it will be useful yet. Just thought it was interesting.
    Not android-auto, requested a moderator moves to [Android Head-units] forum.
    Wondering if we can reverse the tools app that controls the obdII connection to include other device id's and names.?
    Does anyone have any tips to make GPS satellite fixing work better. My GPS takes 15 minutes to detect and fix the satellites and then loses them all the time
    Make sure it has a clear path to the sky
    Mine I removed the center speaker on my dash, moved it over and fit the GPS in the same housing.