General K50 Gaming Edition - Poco F4 GT

Search This thread

ftzwllm

Aug 2, 2022
Hello guys, my poco f4 gt keeps freezing. What do you think is the best solution for this? Thanks in advance.

Rulas25

Sep 2, 2018

Ragnar Eldur

Jul 22, 2016
Does anyone know if the POCO F4 GT is a single slot/partition device or an A/B slot/partition device?

I have to know before flashing the Magisk patched boot.img file or otherwise I risk bricking the phone.

Ragnar Eldur

Jul 22, 2016
This is an A/B device.
Thanks allot, now I can easily root the phone.

Just need install Minimal ADB Fastboot,
and copy the Magisk patched boot.img file into the Minimal ADB Fastboot program folder.
Install the Xiaomi driver found in the Mi Unlock Tool folder.
Unlock the phone with the Mi Unlock Tool after adding the Mi account in the Mi Unlock Status under development tools. Reboot to fastboot and flash the Magisk patch boot.img file with Minimal ADB Fastboot, like this:

fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
fastboot reboot

Reactions: hoggar58

BR/user

Dec 6, 2014
Any custom ROMs besides Xiaomi.eu and MiuiMix? I also saw that there is already an Elite Rom rom, but it is paid.

leomelcarlo

Oct 2, 2016
does anyone have a guide on rooting Poco f4gt. when I try to follow the rooting procedure on the Google, my twrp recovery always freeze after installing it.

Ragnar Eldur

Jul 22, 2016
Yeah I just reached the top seat on AnTuTu!

I used a cooling fan, K8, found on AliExpress to keep the phone from throttling.

I am expecting another fan that is magnetic and a cooling plate that increases the cooling area and reaches the area of the CPU, so I might even get a higher score with that comboo.

My phone is the POCO F4 GT.

Screenshot_2022-09-07-14-31-54-296-edit_com.antutu.ABenchMark.jpg

Gabriel7-

Sep 7, 2022
Yeah I just reached the top seat on AnTuTu!

I used a cooling fan, K8, found on AliExpress to keep the phone from throttling.

I am expecting another fan that is magnetic and a cooling plate that increases the cooling area and reaches the area of the CPU, so I might even get a higher score with that comboo.

My phone is the POCO F4 GT.

View attachment 5706411
Qual rom você está usando, o que mais você usa além de usar o cooler para pegar essa pontuação no antutu

Mod translation via GT: What rom are you using, what else do you use besides using the cooler to get that score on antutu

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragnar Eldur

Jul 22, 2016
Qual rom você está usando, o que mais você usa além de usar o cooler para pegar essa pontuação no antutu

Mod translation via GT: What rom are you using, what else do you use besides using the cooler to get that score on antu
I added AnTuTu as a game with the Game Space and use these settings as seen in the screenshots. I also let the fan cool down the phone to the lowest temperature before running the benchmark.

I plan on rooting the phone so I can tweak the performance even better, but I have to wait for a week before the Mi Unlock Tool can unlock the bootloader. If you have root then I recommend LSpeed, SD Maid Pro and 3C Toolbox Pro. Oh can't wait to be able to use Viper4Android with my Crusher EVO headphones, that combo is like HEAVEN!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-09-00-32-07-817_com.miui.securityadd.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-09-00-32-07-817_com.miui.securityadd.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_2022-09-09-00-32-26-263_com.miui.securityadd.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-09-00-32-26-263_com.miui.securityadd.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_2022-09-09-00-32-32-985_com.miui.securityadd.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-09-00-32-32-985_com.miui.securityadd.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: hoggar58

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, can you please go and ask for an specific forum section for this device on this thread? https://xdaforums.com/t/new-device-forum-requests.1660354/

We need a hub for our device! =D
    Rom global Xiaomi.eu
    Option in this video tutorial of automatic subtitles

Mod Edit: YouTube Link Removed
    Hey if you guys are looking for a good way to keep the phone cool while gaming this magnetic cooling fan and cooling plate is a nice option! The cooling plate increases the cooling area and reaches the area of the CPU and the plate just sticks to the phone without using glue with a sticky silicone surface that can be washed regularly. I've tried several cooling fans and this one is the best one delivering nice cooling performance with the overclocking mode and sits nicely on the back of the phone without obstructing the buttons on the sides.

Magnetic Cooling Fan:

ISK 3,097 18%OFF | PLEXTONE Gaming Cooler EX1 FunCooler Mobile Phone Cooling Fan Hurricane Turbofan Cooler Portable Magnetic Cooler Fan Adjustable

Cooling Plate:

ISK 167 42%OFF | Cell Phone Radiator Sticker Magnetic Suction Cooling Composite Soaking Plate Washable Mobile Phone Cooler Magnetic Sticker

It's a very cheap way to increase the performance of the phone greatly because overheating is the biggest problem of performance issues when it comes to gaming. I was able to keep running smoothly at the highest settings in Call of Duty and Rush Rally 3, didn't matter how long I played, the performance stayed high the entire time! Pretty pleased with that result as without the cooling fan and the cooling plate the phone always started to throttle the CPU greatly reducing to really low frequencies so the performance got really bad really fast!
    I highly recommend the Kiwi browser, it is highly customizable and it supports Chrome Extensions.

There are 3 extensions that are a must have:

Ublock Origin - Blocks totally ads, cleans up the leftover from the ads. It also bypasses AdBlock detection.

Touch VPN - Easy Fast & Free VPN with extra tracking preventions.

Full Screen Button - Properly fill the screen with the webpage.
    Root k50 gaming edition Poco F4 GT

Mod Edit: YouTube Link Removed

USE FASTBOOT

fastboot devices
    fastboot flash boot_ab boot.img
    fastboot reboot