K7 LGUP tool times out when trying to flash .tot file

Search This thread

BigZ1

Sep 27, 2017
I found (on this website) an LGUP tool (version) that is for the MS330. So it works (albeit not so consistently). The LGUP tool was able to flash a .kdz file after several trials. Apparently when LGUP connects, it puts the MS330 in bootloader mode, waits 15 seconds for the device to respond and then begins flashing.

Now, here's the problem. I have a .tot file I'd like to flash. When trying to flash a .tot file, 15 seconds is not enough time for the device to respond, and I get an error for what appears to be an asynch error. That is to say, the MS330 took a second or two more that the 15 seconds to respond saying, yes I'm in bootloader mode.

Is there any way to give it a bit more time? Surely the members who use LGUP tool would have encountered this behavior, and would have found a solution.

Tried changing ports, cables, computers. No improvement

Words of wisdom, anyone?

BigZ1

Sep 27, 2017
I found (on this website) an LGUP tool (version) that is for the MS330. So it works (albeit not so consistently). The LGUP tool was able to flash a .kdz file after several trials. Apparently when LGUP connects, it puts the MS330 in bootloader mode, waits 15 seconds for the device to respond and then begins flashing.

Now, here's the problem. I have a .tot file I'd like to flash. When trying to flash a .tot file, 15 seconds is not enough time for the device to respond, and I get an error for what appears to be an asynch error. That is to say, the MS330 took a second or two more that the 15 seconds to respond saying, yes I'm in bootloader mode.

Is there any way to give it a bit more time? Surely the members who use LGUP tool would have encountered this behavior, and would have found a solution.

Tried changing ports, cables, computers. No improvement

Words of wisdom, anyone?
What is going on? Wierd error/problem here.

OK! All of this above is OBE. I managed to get the bootloader unlocked, so I am now free to load custom roms. Well, sort of. I rooted the system, and tried to install TWRP from the playstore. When I got to the part about flashing recovery with the TWRP image, it fails. Just says Flash failed.

So, I went back to using adb and fastboot. I used "flashboot flash recovery TWRPfilename". That worked. Then "adb reboot recovery" took me to TWRP. So far, so good. When I shut down the phone and use the power/volume keys to boot into recovery, I get the stock rom recovery, not TWRP. If I connect the usb cable and use "fastboot reboot recovery" I get TWRP

What is going on here? Anybody who has a clue, please share your thought of the problem and/or possible fixes.

Thanks!

BigZ1

Sep 27, 2017
What is going on? Wierd error/problem here.

OK! All of this above is OBE. I managed to get the bootloader unlocked, so I am now free to load custom roms. Well, sort of. I rooted the system, and tried to install TWRP from the playstore. When I got to the part about flashing recovery with the TWRP image, it fails. Just says Flash failed.

So, I went back to using adb and fastboot. I used "flashboot flash recovery TWRPfilename". That worked. Then "adb reboot recovery" took me to TWRP. So far, so good. When I shut down the phone and use the power/volume keys to boot into recovery, I get the stock rom recovery, not TWRP. If I connect the usb cable and use "fastboot reboot recovery" I get TWRP

What is going on here? Anybody who has a clue, please share your thought of the problem and/or possible fixes.

Thanks!
One more tidbit of info. I tried flashing TWRP (installed from the playstore) several times. At first all I got was Flash Failed. Now (for no apparent reason) it was able to flash the TWRP file. So I thought I'd test it out. No change. Still can't boot into recovery by using vol-and pwr. Still takes me to stock rom recovery. But (same as before) adb reboot recovery takes me right to TWRP, and it's working fine.

I am not doing any data wipes, formatting, changing permissions, etc. . Anybody have any experience with this problem, or any thoughts on how to fix it????

BTW, this is for an LG K7 MS330m1.