K8/Zeaplus K18 Round watch Firmware Found !

Search This thread

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Good news is that I have managed to get my hands on the firmware :)
As soon as I get the watch I will be getting into it.
Big thanks to the guy who shared it with me !!! :)

movidiu

Nov 4, 2015
firmware needed

I have some problems with my watch and I would need the firmware for this model. Can anyone tell me from where can I get the firmware ? Thanks!

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Ok, I'll get it uploaded soon - done

Here you go. Make sure you read up thoroughly before you attempt to use this.

Be sure to get the correct tools needed - I was given this file and I've checked it over. It seems fine but I haven't tested it yet.

this one should be flash-able as is - unzip and select the files with flash-tool https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68912738/!Files_to_FlashTool.zip

This is a backup dump https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68912738/W806_150901_backup_151018-125932.zip

Search XDA for the latest flash tool - you will need it

Last edited:
Reactions: brospich11

brospich11

Nov 4, 2015
Thank you very much.
You saved me now !

and 1 more thing can u show me how to do it because my watch is stuck on boot logo

thank in advance

brospich11

Nov 4, 2015
Too bad now my watch is dead maybe i miss some step

I heard the start up sound but it doesn't show anything on my screen

my watch is K8 Smart watch but it's not round

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Go over to the k8 square watch thread - grab the firmware and flash it with MTK SP tool. It's fairly hard to brick this watch.

pogodancer

Mar 15, 2012
Too bad now my watch is dead maybe i miss some step

I heard the start up sound but it doesn't show anything on my screen

my watch is K8 Smart watch but it's not round

Wow. Didn't you read the title of this thread before you flashed a firmware on your device???

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

I played around with the K18 Round I got from GearBest.

Short review:
+ very nice
+ good quality
+ not as heavy as iMacwear M7
+ touchscreen works fine (no dead areas like on M7)
+ nice UI
+ fast charging in less than 1 hour from zero
+ hardware buttons can be used while charging

- no Playstore. I had many tries, but logging into my Google account isn't successful.
- Android system and apps are not designed for round displays. So mostly you miss some important buttons like OK, Next or Menu. IMHO this watch is not for beginners who want to use more than the pre-installed apps.

Last edited:

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Wow. Didn't you read the title of this thread before you flashed a firmware on your device???

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Short review:
+ very nice
+ good quality
+ nice UI

- no Playstore. I had many tries, but logging into my Google account isn't successful.
- Android system and apps are not designed for round displays. So mostly you miss some important buttons like OK, Next or Menu. IMHO this watch is not for beginners who want to use more than the pre-installed apps.

I agree with you.

I have contacted the manufacturer to see if they want to fix the Google apps issue - I'm happy to work with them on it.
After all, Gearbest advertised the watch as having google play store.

Reactions: pogodancer

pogodancer

Mar 15, 2012
@ pablo
About playstore:

It is strange because I could add all necessary apk to the firmware and I didn't get any errors when starting the watch. But after logging in with account and password I got the message that they don't match.

Never had something like that before. Seems that Google sees that the watch is not compatible.

Sent from my Takee 1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pablo11

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
@ pablo
About playstore:

It is strange because I could add all necessary apk to the firmware and I didn't get any errors when starting the watch. But after logging in with account and password I got the message that they don't match.

Never had something like that before. Seems that Google sees that the watch is not compatible.

nvm

Last edited:

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
@ pablo
About playstore:

@pogodancer
Thanks mate.
It's got to be the default or build.prop or MNS .xml that is set to something Google does not like.
Did you get google services/settings running? That would probably be a key apk in this.

pogodancer

Mar 15, 2012
I installed 4 or 5 apk like services, framework, playstore / vending / provision, gas or so. As I said there were no forced closes.

I didn't find anything in the build.prop. And I tried using the complete etc/permissions from M7.

Reactions: pablo11

photoncounter

Oct 27, 2015
kernel sources wanted!

Does anyone know if kernel sources/config is available for this or similar device?
I'd modify the display driver to have kind of 'overscroll' empty bars on top and bottom of screen so that you could access all the info and controls in apps. Something similar you have on other devices with emulated home/back buttons on the bottom of touchscreen, so should be easy to implement.

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
@photoncounter
I reckon the Omate trusmart is the closest device to this OS wise.
I've contacted the manufacturer but no reply yet. If I find anything I'll post it here.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Scatter file attached
    Ok, I'll get it uploaded soon - done

Here you go. Make sure you read up thoroughly before you attempt to use this.

Be sure to get the correct tools needed - I was given this file and I've checked it over. It seems fine but I haven't tested it yet.

this one should be flash-able as is - unzip and select the files with flash-tool https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68912738/!Files_to_FlashTool.zip

This is a backup dump https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68912738/W806_150901_backup_151018-125932.zip

Search XDA for the latest flash tool - you will need it

Short review:
    + very nice
    + good quality
    + nice UI

I agree with you.

I have contacted the manufacturer to see if they want to fix the Google apps issue - I'm happy to work with them on it.
    After all, Gearbest advertised the watch as having google play store.
    @ pablo
    About playstore:

I installed 4 or 5 apk like services, framework, playstore / vending / provision, gas or so. As I said there were no forced closes.

I didn't find anything in the build.prop. And I tried using the complete etc/permissions from M7.