• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

K9 3G in da house!

Search This thread

lphovercraft

Feb 14, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Just got this in over lunch. On charge now and will insert SIM before heading back to the office. It looks and feels solid, heavier than my A10 (to be expected since it's all resin) and lighter than my Polar V800. I'll be taking it through more objective analysis tonight, but for now I'll be getting a feel for it on my wrist in the latter half of the work day.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
4d3ee08b6ed71905acdffe3752ce72d5.jpg

negriton

Jun 28, 2014
Madrid
I think is the same watch than K8 mini and D5 but with another body and 2 buttons... What would you say?

Enviado desde mi X500 mediante Tapatalk

lphovercraft

Feb 14, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I think is the same watch than K8 mini and D5 but with another body and 2 buttons... What would you say?

Dunno. I've not been paying that much attention. I'll look and see - but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were substantially similar. I bought this one because it supported the US bands, and when I slapped a T-mobile SIM in it I received two messages right out of the gate (confirming the SIM change from the carrier). So I'm pretty impressed so far.

lphovercraft

Feb 14, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Would love to get a SP Tool readback of it (hoping the data issue is fixed).

I just realized that my current laptop doesn't have any Android tools set up on it. I'm going to say hello to a friend that just flew in from overseas - and if I'm still wound up (probably so) I'll do the tooling work and see about getting what you need tonight. Otherwise I'll be early tomorrow (again, west coast time).

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Yep, exactly the same internals - memory, cpu etc etc.
With any luck you could share the stock readback from this watch before you root it?
You can use SP Tools to pull the backup from the watch.
Once we have the scatter file you may even be able to use the custom recovery from our watches :)
If the launcher is the same or similar - you will be able to use all the watch faces from the thread created for the D5, K8, K18, X1 and K8 Mini

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

I buy it. But i can't download the companion app. The page is not found
have you the same problem?

Try this from the D5 thread https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzaM61zQn00LbDJtNGtIMEtHRHc/view

lphovercraft

Feb 14, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I buy it. But i can't download the companion app. The page is not found
have you the same problem?

Yes. The URLs for the internal (non Google Play) app store seem to be dead, too. I can't believe that it's *that* new of a watch that the related URLs aren't active yet. Either way I suppose we'll know once folks are back from the CNY holiday.

Reactions: luca.bonannini

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Yes. The URLs for the internal (non Google Play) app store seem to be dead, too. I can't believe that it's *that* new of a watch that the related URLs aren't active yet. Either way I suppose we'll know once folks are back from the CNY holiday.

The companion app link bounces back and forth between working and not. I attached my copy of the apk.

Last edited:

lphovercraft

Feb 14, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Outstanding! Thanks! I guess I had bad luck hitting the URL when it was up. It's nice at minimum to have a means to uninstall apps on the device.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Does this ROM have the same visuals/features/apps of the K8/K8 mini or it has something different?

Added some new faces
Change the app icons and notification drawer background
Different device name in build.prop
Newer build date

The newer build date means nothing really as the ODM would make a new build just to add the changes above. So D5/Mini firmware.

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Nice to see a new addition to the family :)

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

I just realized that my current laptop doesn't have any Android tools set up on it. I'm going to say hello to a friend that just flew in from overseas - and if I'm still wound up (probably so) I'll do the tooling work and see about getting what you need tonight. Otherwise I'll be early tomorrow (again, west coast time).

Thanks for sharing :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I installed this firmware to my k8 mini. Later I installed TWRP and mobileuncle. But I can not boot the watch to recovery mode because mobile uncle needs root. Can I root it? If yes how? Thanks...
    You can boot to recovery through adb in pc, the command is : "reboot recovery" , there install latest supersu .zip and reboot system, and you will have root

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk
    K9 firmware (SPTools)
    To flash TWRP instead of stock, rename recovery.img to recovery.img.bak, then rename TWRPrevocery.img to recovery.img and flash.
    Would love to get a SP Tool readback of it (hoping the data issue is fixed).

Does this ROM have the same visuals/features/apps of the K8/K8 mini or it has something different?

Added some new faces
    Change the app icons and notification drawer background
    Different device name in build.prop
    Newer build date

The newer build date means nothing really as the ODM would make a new build just to add the changes above. So D5/Mini firmware.

Dunno. I've not been paying that much attention. I'll look and see - but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were substantially similar. I bought this one because it supported the US bands, and when I slapped a T-mobile SIM in it I received two messages right out of the gate (confirming the SIM change from the carrier). So I'm pretty impressed so far.