• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

KA09 Xperia SSpeed - bootloop

Search This thread

MichaelxHell

Dec 30, 2010
Herzogenburg
twitter.com
Since I'm not able yet to post into the development forums:

I have decided to finally mod my Xperia S as well (did that only with HTC's before), and after unlocking the bootloader and slap Advanced Stock Kernel on it, i wanted to flash KA09 Xperia SSpeed. At first it all went well, no errors during installation but then i wanted to reboot, and the phone went into a permanent bootloop. There's the Sony startup screen with the Advanced Stock Kernel writing underneath, the blue LED flashes shortly, the phone vibrates, then it starts all over again.

I have tried SEUS but to no avail, since the phone will always restart, hence disconnecting to the PC. I also can't boot the phone into fastboot or recovery, or anything for that matter.

HALP!?

Last edited:

mharckk

Dec 17, 2011
Since I'm not able yet to post into the development forums:

I have decided to finally mod my Xperia S as well (did that only with HTC's before), and after unlocking the bootloader and slap Advanced Stock Kernel on it, i wanted to flash KA09 Xperia SSpeed. It first it all went, no errors during installation but then i wanted to reboot, and the phone went into a permanent bootloop. There's the Sony startup screen with the Advanced Stock Kernel writing underneath, the blue LED flashes shortly, the phone vibrates, then it starts all over again.

I have tried SEUS but to no avail, since the phone will always restart, hence disconnecting to the PC. I also can't boot the phone into fastboot or recovery, or anything for that matter.

HALP!?

hold the power button + volume up then wait till it vibrates 3 times, your phone will power off. then you can use the SEUS, i think its via fastmode (power+volume down) to reflash or u can use flashtool to reflash ur firmware.

this is what i did when im stock on bootloop before (because i dont have back ups).

1. installed flashtool
2. download ftf
3. paste the ftf on c:\firmwares\
4. open flashtool then click the lighting icon, choose fastmode, choose ftf and wait until it says (power off phone then connect via fastmode), since your phone is power off all u need to do is to connect the phone and then hold the power button+ volume down.
5. then it will reinstall your firmware.
6. after reinstalled, flash advanced stock kernel.
7. then make back up of your rom so you dont need to reflash your firmware in case of bootloop.

:)

Last edited:

halwar

Jun 30, 2008
Same problem

MichaelxHell, did it work, did you solve it?
If you did please let me know how you did because i have the same problem, will try what he said above too.

THX

halwar

Jun 30, 2008
I was flashing ka xperia kernel (via recovery) over Advanced stock kernel and got this weird bootloop.
Sometimes i couldnt even start the freaking phone. So what i did was when the phone finally started and the botloop started i long pressed Vol Up and powerbutton for about 5sec (after the phone vibrates three times) so it would shut down, since i could not enter fastboot while it was bootlooping. Then held Vol Up (not Vol Down) while plugging in usb, only then i got to enter fastboot.
Then i only reflashed advance stock kernel (ics9.elf) and it finally booted back.

Might be helpful

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

tarbrinder

Jul 11, 2012
same problem of boot loop

help previously on ics stock unlocked bootloader via fastboot installed ka v1 kernal via fast boot and ther ka09 nspeed rom through recovery since then its boot loop any solutuion except stock ftf file

Poesini

Apr 11, 2012
Cali
When you go from STOCK STOCK you should first prepare by doing a backup and then erasing everything before even trying to install a custom ROM or another kernel.

When you install a kernel that has recovery, before trying to install the custom ROM be sure to wipe data/factory reset and then wipe dalvik cache and fix permissions.

Then you can install the custom ROM and after that be sure to also install the patched KA09 zip.

And even after that, remember, that is a development ROM not completely stable at all.

MichaelxHell

Dec 30, 2010
Herzogenburg
twitter.com
Use fastboot and try flashing Advance stock kernel forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1729280 and see if its booting

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

I have used this guide, and it worked just fine!! my Xperia S is back alive again! :) Thank you very much for the help everyone!

Okay, so i have flashed the Kernel from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1729280 and it brought my Xperia S back to life. the only problem now is, that the XPS won't boot into recovery. so far the ROM (KA09 Xperia SSpeed) is working fine, but it would be nice to have good old cwm back.. any help? thanks