- Jul 14, 2013
How to Install:
1. Download Linux Deploy from PlayStore
2. Open it and go to settings
3. Selection Distribution: Kali and leave everything else as default, except Disk Image Size, which you should use 7128mb instead of Automatic.
3a. Normally it automatically finds your resolution, but you can change it on this page. (One of the last items.)
4. Then select Install
4a. [IMPORTANT] Be sure to be connected to a Wi-Fi network, otherwise 1.4GB will be downloaded from your Mobile Network.
4b. The downloading time is quite long, and you can't lose connection through that, otherwise the .img will be corrupted.
5. Once you see <<< end: installation on the app, download your favorite VNC client and set-up the following configurations:
6. You will notice that there's no tools avaliable, open LXTerminal (From the dropup icon of Kali) then type:
Those are minor commands, to really install the tools see next step
And wait for the full installation to complete, after it's sucesfully done it's good to go!
Which VNC Client you recommend?
I personally like Touchpad mouse settings and a full-screen view, the best free app that does the work for me is bVNC Free.
PostgreSQL gave me an error on the end of installation, is that supposed to happen?
YES, to fix PostegreSQL on Kali Linux ARM you have to whitelist on your network. You can do that by simply typing:
IceWeasel (Internet Browser) is not opening! What's wrong?
For some reason when you first install it, the browser is misconfigured. To solve that type: